Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mel, please do not come on my board and talk to my posters like this. If you have an issue, PM me and Arinna directly. Do us the courtesy of letting us moderate our own board, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
If you're that unhappy about the customization, I'd prefer the moderators to just contact me or one of my co-managers. We always try our best to keep the wishes of the posters of a board in mind but sometimes things can't always work out that way. Complaining about it on the board without contacting us doesn't help anyone and doesn't come over in a good way.

HOWEVER, never... And I do mean never do I want to see comments about someone not liking the banner one of my team members puts forward. If you don't like it, contact me. If you do not like the banner, you put that in a private message to one of the moderators to the board. Any of the graphics team members can read your posts, and seeing things like that can really hurt. Every member of my team puts a lot of time and effort in trying to make something that would be a fit for a board. Please keep that into consideration the next time you post about a banner or artwork of someone in general.

Give the colours a while to get used to, and if none of you like it, feel free to contact me (in a respectful manner with details on how you would've rather seen it). This is the last I or my co-managers will say about this, and I hope you can respect that.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can we PLEASE find something else to discuss here, Alex? Thanks! There's no need of more tension!

Last edited by BL.Arinna_1982; 03-28-2018 at 01:44 PM
Old 03-28-2018, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Don't worry, Arinna. I'm done with this discussion. It's going to PM from here on in.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Thanks guys

Anyway so the handmaid's tale trailer for season 2 is out and I'M SCREAMING STILL.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you, all. I didn't mean any offence. But like Arinna said, we do not need to create further tension, so let's change the topic.

May - I have yet to watch the first season. Though I read so many good things about it when it came out I was so sick and in hospital last year, I just wasn't in the mood for anything that taxing, so I watched 'Harlots' instead. That got a second season too though, didn't it? It should be out soon then too...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, Nina and May. Let's change the subject.

It's gonna get real warm here tomorrow. Finally. But it's also gonna rain.

How is The Handmaiden's Tale, May? I saw the old movie with Natasha Richardson, but not the series.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't know there was a movie out there. I know that it is a book by Margaret Atwood who also wrote the novel "Alias Grace"... I think CBC did a miniseries on that last year that was well received.

For a moment I was so confused when I read Natasha Richardson, I thought of Joley Richardson.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-28-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here it is, Nina. It's a 1990 film with Natasha Richardson, Robert Duvall, and Aiden Quinn. Joely Richardson is her sister. Natasha was married to Liam Neeson and died in a skiing accident in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ha...27s_Tale_(film)
Old 03-28-2018, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

I remembered later that Natasha was her sister. She was in that movie "Wild Child" with Emma Roberts before she died.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

She was? I didn't know Emma and Natasha worked together. I think the last movie I saw with Natasha was The Parent Trap remake with Lindsay Lohan.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

It was actually rather funny: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Child_(film) ... I mean not quite as good as St. Trinians but still. I think the last thing I saw her in before that was The White Countess: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Countess

Old 03-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ahh, thanks, Nina. Lemme take a look at that.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Nina,

There is a movie that I haven't watched yet btw, I believe (from what I've heard) that they got some stuff closer to the book but a good friend of mine that just finished the book told me the show is pretty close to it as well.

I should really watch the movie just to compare but the show was great Alex, it won all the awards last year and it deserved every single one.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Dp

Last edited by DGSAFDMD; 03-28-2018 at 02:10 PM
Old 03-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, that looks like an interesting movie. Seems like Emma Roberts was following in the footsteps of Lindsay Lohan and Anne Hathaway at the time.

I hope you get a chance to look at the original movie, May. Natasha Richardson was beautiful in it. And I was kinda miffed that Westworld didn't win all the awards, May.