Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, that's such fun going to a concert, May. Too bad California was sold out though. Hope you'll have fun regardless.

NY mostly but sometimes MA and CT too. After all, I'm from the government, I'm here to help.

It's basically maple sugar that you use as a spread to put on bread. Somebody I know makes it from his own maple trees and I'm sending it to my insurance agent as a thank you, she is a very patient and helpful lady.

I hate the whole crap with the diesel busses at PHL... every bloody time I am there, disembark on the tarmac in the middle of nowhere, get on one of these busses, inhale fumes until you cannot breathe any longer, collapse into a building that smells like a mall food court because it basically is a mall food court. If I can help it at all and a connection is necessary I try to go through Detroit.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

I doubt the heat will be worse than Cali right? or almost the same?

Alex we should get together! I'm going with a friend only but I'll literally be there on the 1st and I'm leaving on the 2nd.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

I found it to be a different kind of heat to be honest because it's so humid. Especially when you go running... I was fine with it that summer I worked in Palo Alto, here though idek sometimes. But yeah, it's only for a few days and you don't plan on exercising much, do you?

Yay for fandom meet-ups!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's almost time for a new thread. Any title ideas?
Old 05-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

"An Enlightened Planet Is A Unified Planet." – Sikozu

Old 05-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, May! Hi, Nina! I'm sorry I'm posting late. I had a dentist appointment today and since I don't have a car and I take buses, it takes me a while to get around.

That's a great title, Nina! How do you keep finding these Sikozu quotes? I can never find new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I doubt the heat will be worse than Cali right? or almost the same?

Alex we should get together! I'm going with a friend only but I'll literally be there on the 1st and I'm leaving on the 2nd.
Awesome, May! I could take a few days off in August. But like I said, I don't have a car so I'm not mobile at all. You'd have to pick me up.

Actually, the heat can get worse here in Philadelphia. California has a much drier climate, while over here it's much more humid. I remember going to San Diego for Comic Con in 2013 and I when I was waiting in line to get into the Convention Center one day, I was amazed because I could swear that it was hotter in Philly when I left than it was in San Diego. Of course, the Convention Center is right next to the bay, so that could also have been a reason.

Hi, Nina! Wow, I've never been to New England. Is it nice up there?

Oh, okay.

OMG, that sounds delicious! I'd love to get some of that stuff to put on my bread along with peanut butter and jelly.

Ahh, you're talking about SEPTA - Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority. Yep, those SEPTA buses are crap, but they have been slowly phasing them out and going for more eco-friendly buses. I only used the ones out here in the suburbs, so maybe the city buses are worse. And yeah, parts of Philly International are like a mall food court. But I've heard Detroit is worse.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-10-2018 at 04:34 PM
Old 05-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah boy but wait for TJ where I actually live I know SD is not that bad thanks to the bay but if you come over is EXTREMELY humid to the point I want to puke is like you're in a sauna and you can't breathe

Well I'll only be there August 1st since the morning but have the concert in the evening and August 2nd in the morning if you can meet just let me know around where you're at. I'll try to be closer to the airport
Old 05-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh yeah boy but wait for TJ where I actually live I know SD is not that bad thanks to the bay but if you come over is EXTREMELY humid to the point I want to puke is like you're in a sauna and you can't breathe

Well I'll only be there August 1st since the morning but have the concert in the evening and August 2nd in the morning if you can meet just let me know around where you're at. I'll try to be closer to the airport
Well, I'd assume that Mexico is hotter than California, May. I get envious of you guys because you don't have to deal with the bad winters we get here. I was in Florida once, and I couldn't believe how hot it was.

Oh, I'm nowhere near the airport, unfortunately. The airport is all the way in South Philly near Delaware County, and I live in Bucks County, which is north of Philadelphia. I could take a train to 30th Street Station, which also runs the train line to the Airport. Where are you staying while you're in Philly?
Old 05-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

I find the quotes by re-watching Farscape. And yes, there are parts of New England that are nice but not necessarily where I work.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know guys, sometimes I envy you.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I find the quotes by re-watching Farscape. And yes, there are parts of New England that are nice but not necessarily where I work.
Oh, I see. I don't have a working DVD player anymore so I can't watch my Farscape DVD's. Aw, I'm sorry you don't work near the nice places, Nina. Is there anywhere In New York that you like?

Why are you envious, Arinna?
Old 05-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Alex,

I'm not sure where I'm staying yet, I haven't got a place with Air B&B but I might do that on Monday however the Wells Fargo Center is also in the South, actually farther than the airport for you and I wanted to stay in a middle point, not too far from both places
Old 05-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm envious, because you guys can meet up, and I mean all of you. And I have to take a loooong flight to get there. I hope you have a great time, May!
Old 05-11-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Alex,

I'm not sure where I'm staying yet, I haven't got a place with Air B&B but I might do that on Monday however the Wells Fargo Center is also in the South, actually farther than the airport for you and I wanted to stay in a middle point, not too far from both places
Hi, May! Actually, the Wells Fargo Center isn't as far south as the Airport because I pass by it on my way to the airport by train. I can take a train from where I live to 30th Street Station which is right next to Market Street, which is right in center city. If you could meet me there that would be good, if you're staying in center city.

Awww, I'm sorry, Arinna. I wish air travel weren't so expensive for you.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Let me figure out where I'll be staying and I'll let you know

I'm trying to figure out the locations of several places before paying for anything although there are some pretty nice rooms for very cheap in Philly, makes me glad
Closed Thread   Post New Thread