Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2018, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I just caught a cold.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, I'm sorry, Arinna. Get better soon. Just stay in bed and take medicine and some hot tea or soup.

Hi, Nina!

Yeah, Miss Grundy did start Archie's interest in music, but I felt that storyline was done more to connect Archie to Jason Blossom's murder, since he was with her when he heard the gunshot - which turned out to not be the shot that killed Jason, but it still created issues during the murder investigation. But yes, Valerie did further Archie's interest in music with her giving him points on how to write and structure songs.

Oh, so you don't think that the Log Lady is in the same category as witchcraft? And I get what you mean about the Arrowverse crossovers, although I did like the early Flash/Arrow crossovers and the Invasion crossover. But the latest ones have been disappointing and somewhat intrusive.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet either! Don't tell me any spoilers because I was gonna watch it today. But I also heard that about Hal and Penelope. And yeah, it was way too easy how Betty found Chic, and I've heard from other people that he may not be the real Chic. And yes, I suspect Agent Adams to be the real Chic since he admitted that Riverdale was his home. Agent Dale Cooper, anyone? Perhaps Cheryl will be his Audrey Horne... or not.

I do remember they did test for mental illness in the 80's. Why does everyone forget that the 80's were the decade of the tech boom and we had all kinds of cool tech? It wasn't like the 50's or 60's or something. But I'll get back to you on the Hal thing because I haven't watched it yet. I'm gonna order a pizza and watch the episode.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

The soup and the tea didn't help it.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry you are still feeling ill, Arinna. I'm also rather cold.

From what I remember in the 1980s, in terms of pre-natal care women were mostly offered what's called a triple-screen (serum AFP screening, ultrasound and aminocentesis) – that is highly effective in detecting birth defects like anencephaly (major absence of brain or skull formation during embryonic development), spina bifida (a malformation of the ear) as well as Downs and Edwards syndrome. Chic or whoever he may be doesn't suffer from any of these conditions.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry, Arinna. I hope you feel better soon. Just keep taking hot tea and soup, and take your medicine and stay in bed.

Hi, Nina! I'm sorry you're feeling ill and cold too. Just 53 more days until Spring.

Yep, I think I remember that. My stepmom back in the 80's was a nurse, so she talked about that stuff a lot.

So I just watched the last episode. I think Jughead needs to pick his battles better. Getting into a war with Hiram Lodge isn't smart. So Riverdale's land was stolen from a Native American tribe who eventually founded the Serpents. So this is supposed to be news? Jughead's taking his own personal issues about the Serpents being run out of their school and using this issue like a sledgehammer, but Toni was correct in saying that it wasn't his story to tell. I'm also wondering if Archie is intentionally taking an apprenticeship with Hiram in order to get more info on him to give to Agent Adams. He hung up on Adams kind of abruptly.

And once again, Chuck is being portrayed as a real jerk. But at least Archie managed to get in good with Hiram by defeating Chuck. I think Betty is still being a bit naïve as far as Chic is concerned, and OMG, is Hal really going to hook up with Penelope? That's interesting as he's part Blossom himself. And Veronica taking over the Pussycats was a real slap in the face to Josie, but you have to admit that she opened herself up to this, thinking about her solo career over her band. It didn't seem like Valerie and Melody were against the idea.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I'm not sure about the Blossom family tree since Penelope was so on board with the cousin incest between Jason and Polly but – is she actually somehow a Blossom or just by marriage?

I think Betty is ... well she's compassionate and perhaps there's this part in her where she is thinking of her own "darkness" or something that makes her feel drawn to Chic.

Hah, Hermione promising to threaten Mayor McCoy on Veronica's behalf... you can see why she and Hiram are such a good match.

As for Jughead, I mean – it seems like the town has celebrated Pickens Day for ages it's hardly Hiram's idea, he's just using it for his own purposes. Yeah, I thought the whole "not your story to tell" thing was clichéd but I liked that Toni told Jughead off that her grandfather wasn't a prop for Jughead to be used in his vendetta.

Quote:
I'm also wondering if Archie is intentionally taking an apprenticeship with Hiram in order to get more info on him to give to Agent Adams. He hung up on Adams kind of abruptly.
Yes, I think he is. The reason he hung up so quickly is obvious …*I mean he couldn't very well talk to him while he was talking to Hiram.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 01-26-2018 at 07:16 PM
Old 01-26-2018, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm pretty sure that Penelope is a Blossom by marriage, because Clifford was the Blossom by birth that Hal is distantly related to.

I think that Dark Betty is beginning to come out again from the promos for the next episode. That is probably why she's drawn to Chic, because she sees him as the only one who can understand her. But is Chic really her brother? We'll have to wait and see. His internet hobby certainly does cast a cloud over him. And do we really know why his landlord was beating him up? We never got an explanation on that other than what Chic told them. Betty didn't really stop and ask for an explanation after she maced the guy.

Yeah, I do like how much more active Hermione is getting in terms of the town's politics. But she is practically the polar opposite of who she was last season, or perhaps that was all an act. Makes me feel sorry for Fred.

Yep, I agree with you. Jughead wasn't just telling a story that wasn't his to tell, it was a story that was not in the least bit original. Pickens Day has nothing to do with Hiram, true, but Jughead's beef with Hiram has more to do with Southside High than any Native American land. Unless of course, Hiram is a descendant of one of the original Conquistadors, but they never got that far north. And yes, Jughead needs to fight his own battles, not someone else's.

Yeah, I pretty much figured that about Archie and Agent Adams. I just hope Archie doesn't screw this up because this is the FBI here.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah but she could have been a distant cousin is what I'm saying.

Well, I mean it's more than a hobby, it's a way to make money. Maybe he and Penelope can exchange notes. As for the landlord, that's not unbelievable or that he was behind on rent or something. I mean Chic would have had to had known that Betty would stop by to stage this scenario and then he would have had to have been sure that she'd use the pepper spray and not just run off. So while I still have my doubts that he's the real Chic/really Betty's brother, I don't think that was a lie. After finishing the episode, I think Hal has doubts about his paternity hence him not going to the first family outing.

I'm really confused why Jughead is zero-ing in so much on Hiram to be honest. I mean, he must understand through everything that happened to his father and to Fred, plus Hiram getting out of prison so quickly that it's next to impossible to bring him down. I don't understand why he doesn't focus more on things that he may possibly influence like the town's opinion on Mayor McCoy. I mean she closed the school (and effectively is complicient with Hiram).

Yeah, I don't know... Agent Adams should have recruited someone smarter... like Cheryl.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You think Clifford married his distant cousin? That would be very Flowers In The Attic. I couldn't say for sure at this point. Who knows? Riverdale is a small town.

Yes, it is more than a hobby. He's apparently in the same profession as Penelope is now. But perhaps there was something even more sinister behind the landlord's behavior? Something Chic may have done to instigate it and he lied to Betty about what it was, not actually expecting her to show up like that? Who knows? And I'm sure Hal has doubts because I know that Hal knows more than he's telling, like how the real Chic is probably not even his son.

I think Jughead's recent initiation into the Serpents has kind of awoken his own sense of identity, Nina. He was pretty much alone and without purpose for most of last season, having moved out of his home at living at either the drive-in or at the school, being estranged from his best friend, Archie, and also being a school outcast, and then being suspected of Jason's murder and later watching his dad get arrested. And now that he's found his place among the Serpents and a sense of power and self assurance, he's getting a bit drunk on all that, I suppose. Hiram represents something to strike back at more than anything else. After feeling helpless for so long, I guess this is catharsis for Jughead. You're right, he should focus on battles he can actually win, and perhaps he will now that Toni's knocked him back down to Earth and after he cools off a bit.

You think Agent Adams can trust Cheryl? I think they'd be the Dale Cooper/Audrey Horne pairing on the show.

And I have to go to bed now, Nina. I have work tomorrow. I just love working weekends.

I'll see you tomorrow, I hope! Goodnight and sleep well!
Old 01-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Why? Distant cousin isn't his sister. I mean even Jason and Polly – as third cousins they are not really that closely related.

Quote:
I think they'd be the Dale Cooper/Audrey Horne pairing on the show.
I'd take that.

Watching "Burden of Truth" now before bed.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still with a flu!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry, Arinna. I really hope you feel better soon. Just rest and stay in bed, and take your medicine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Why? Distant cousin isn't his sister. I mean even Jason and Polly – as third cousins they are not really that closely related.

I'd take that.

Watching "Burden of Truth" now before bed.
Hi, Nina! Sorry for posting so late. Laundry day for me.

You have a point about Polly and Jason, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad if Hal and Penelope were distant cousins.

Yeah, I know that you'd like Agent Adams and Cheryl to be the Cooper/Audrey on Riverdale.

Isn't Burden of Truth that show we watched a while back about that Canadian detective?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm doing my best.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know you are. You'll be better before you know it.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread