Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

You've been to Lake Placid, Nina? I just saw the Olympics there on TV as a kid.

So you actually tried to watch Nashville, Arinna? What made you give it up?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

The plot and... I'm not an American. I just don't get the music.. And I think Hayden could do something better.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, so you have to be American to like country music? But you like other kinds of American music.

Well, maybe Hayden can get something else after Nashville ends this year. I hope she keeps active and doesn't disappear.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

It's been a few years that I've been to the Adirondacks but yes.

I don't think you have to be American to like it. A lot of people like Johnny Cash, don't they? And then there is country music that is bordering so much on pop music that you wonder where the line is, e.g. what Kacey Musgraves or Taylor Swift are doing. Then again, there are things that are definitely not on "Nashville" that I'd consider very much their own culture and extremely foreign to my ears: A friend of mine gave me a CD of bluegrass singer and mandolinist Sierra Hull -- she's has a beautiful voice and is obviously extremely talented but I'm not sure her music is something I can listen to on a daily basis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Hull

As for Hayden, I don't know... she hasn't done much in terms of movies now, has she? Looking at her imdb there are two movies, one in 2016 and one in 2012, where she had really good co-stars, that's true but I can't remember these films getting widespread theatre releases unfortunately. I wonder if that was deliberate and she wanted to focus on her partner and her child or if she didn't have better offers. I any event I obviously wish her the best.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm having a dream that she'll have a movie with Milo...
Old 01-16-2018, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

I fear that's probably just a dream...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-16-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Nina! It sounds nice. The farthest northeast I've been is the Pocono mountains. Sorry for posting so late. I'm doing some laundry and making dinner for myself.

Yes, you do have a point. There are a lot of people outside of the USA, in Europe and Australia, for instance, that like Nashville and country music. But you're also right that not all of the music is the same. Bluegrass is somewhat different from country-western and has more of a Celtic influence. Thanks for that link, Nina!

Yeah, Hayden's career seems to have slowed down since Heroes ended and she married Klitschko. Maybe she is focusing more on being a mom and a wife, although I sometimes wish she had waited a bit. I wish her the best as well, and I hope she gets another project after Nashville ends after this season. Milo really struck gold with This Is Us.

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen, Arinna. It would be nice, though.

It got warmer here again, Nina. It seems we might have a milder winter than what we got in the beginning of January from what I've seen in the weather forecasts. The temps are going back up to 50 degrees later this week.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I heard it'll be warmer by the end of the week but it's been snowing all afternoon and continues to. Though it's only -5°C or so.

Well, it took Milo some time though he was on that webseries with Rose McGowan "Chosen". That had a B-movie-esque and chilling premise.

Watching "Supergirl"... I really like Amy Jackson though I wish they didn't put so much make-up on her. I hope she sticks around and no harm befalls her character.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Nina! I was just watching TV and posting on my other boards. You're watching Supergirl? Tonight, Black Lightning debuted on CW. The newest addition to the Arrowverse, although I'm not sure which universe it's set in.

Yeah, there's gonna be some light snow tonight, but it should be gone by the end of the week when the warm air and rain comes in. Gonna feel good.

I remember Chosen. Arinna and I watched those online episodes, although we never got around to finishing it. Was Rose McGowan in that? I don't remember seeing her.

I've never heard of Amy Jackson, but I also don't watch Supergirl. I gave up on The Flash as well. I just watch Arrow and Legends now. And The Gifted just finished its first season and now I have to wait until September for the second season.

I have to go to bed soon because I have to get up at 4am to go to work, but I'm off work after tomorrow, so I'll see you then, Nina! Goodnight! Sleep well!
Old 01-16-2018, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

There is nothing light about this snow. I was in Target for half an hour and the car was throughly covered.

I have no interest in Black Lightning. Don't watch Arrow, never really cared for it. Legends is so tacky and without Victor Garber's character a good amount of the fun is gone so I doubt I'll continue despite Caity Lotz being hot. The first season of Supergirl was still the best but ultimately it's still the best of all of those shows.

Yes, Rose was in it, CMM, Nicky Whelan and the guy who plays The Atom on Arrow I think. I own the DVDs even, so I should know. http://cracklechosen.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_(TV_Series)

Old 01-17-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not interested in Black Lightning either.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Nina! Sorry for posting so late. I was pretty exhausted when I got home from work.

Oh, I'm sorry the snow is so bad for you. We just got flurries where I live, but nothing serious.

I don't have any interest in Black Lightning either. I still watch Arrow, although I know you've never really liked it and I must admit it's not the show it once was. The Flash I just find unwatchable because of Iris West, whom I believe ruined the show due the writers' stubborn insistence on shoehorning her into as much of the story as possible and their refusal to see that she serves very little function or purpose on the show other than as a token girlfriend, and only drags it down. It's supposed to be The Flash, not the Iris West Show. I still prefer Caitlin Snow over Iris since Caitlin is in my opinion the heir apparent to Christina McGee from the original 1990 Flash TV show.

I'm still giving Legends a go only because I love Caity Lotz and I do like characters like Amya and Mick Rory. I'm gonna miss Victor Garber, but I can understand his desire to leave. I'm not so thrilled about Wally West joining the team as I really don't see him being that important either. Grant Gustin's Barry Allen is basically a hybrid of the Silver Age Barry Allen Flash and the post-Crisis On Infinite Earths Wally West Flash, making Wally West on the show(based on the New 52 version of Wally) redundant. I never got into Supergirl. I think the Arrowverse is beginning to wear on me.

I will say that The Gifted, Riverdale, and This Is Us have been three of the few shows that have made TV worthwhile for me. So much TV lately is unwatchable garbage.

Ahh, thanks for the wiki link, Nina.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Hello everyone!

I still have no winter here I think we lost winter completely now, the lowest we've got is like 57 degrees which is kinda cold but not really? Sad stuff since I love winter so much. I at least got some proper cold when I went to Europe in Septemer/October.

Did I tell you guys I traveled? I don't remember but I made my dream of going to London come true
Old 01-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

We haven't lost the winter yet, sadly.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

I absolutely adore Supergirl. See, I actually think Barry/Iris are adorable but the show got too formulaic for me. I watched the pilot for Black Lightning but couldn't focus - the lead character and his oldest daughter have potential, I guess but the whole rest of it is just another re-iteration of The CW superheroes formula and I'm tired of it. The thing is I like Caity Lotz's Sara Lance, I also like Mick Rory but what made those two characters interesting were their interactions with Professor Stein and now that's gone. I literally do not care for anyone else on board.

I'm really behind on Riverdale... episode 3 or so? The only new show I picked up is Burden of Truth. So yeah basically the only thing I'm up to date with is that (because it's only 2 episodes in) and Supergirl. I just don't have the time or patience or interest for much of anything at the moment.

May - oh, that's great! Sounds like you had a great holiday? I was just there a couple of weeks ago but it was for work so. Anyway. Love your icon by the way.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread