Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so happy for you, Arinna.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yeah but the season 1 wig was fine, the season 3 wig was something out of Ru Paul's drag race.

Cornell won over Columbia 17:5 today. It was bloody freezing and snowing at times.
See I still think Season 2 wig was the worst thing to ever happen in that show...
Old 03-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to agree with you!
Old 03-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think both Francois and David's wigs were horrible in season 2. They looked like Luke Spencer from General Hospital.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
See I still think Season 2 wig was the worst thing to ever happen in that show...
I always thought this said it all:

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Exactly Nina! and yeah David's wig is ALSO terrible in season 2 I have no idea what happened
Old 03-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda liked s3 wig.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG, that's funny, Nina! Thanks!

We weren't talking about the season 3 wig, Arinna.

And tomorrow is May's birthday!
Old 03-13-2018, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Alex, to be fair Nina did say the S3 wig was bad and then I said I though the S2 wig was worse I think we all agree that the S1 wig is the only decent one. He looked so handsome with it ♥
Old 03-13-2018, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
to be fair Nina did say the S3 wig was bad and then I said I though the S2 wig was worse
True and true. And my little gif with Giulia and Alessandro's evil maniacal laughter moment did feature Cesare in his S2 wig. In hindsight, I agree with you, May, S2 wig was the worst... it looked like he was growing out a bad perm but not successfully on too short hair. Whereas S3 wig was a bad perm à la 70s glam rock band or something.

This is weirdly on but kind of off topic too... I would love to see François and Marta do a movie, they'd look so good together. Naturally without the wigs. Or different... better ones. If it ought to be a historical piece.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, okay. I didn't mind the season 3 wig, May. And Happy Birthday tomorrow! I'll post a birthday wish for you on the birthday thread tomorrow.

Hi, Nina! Francois and Marta, huh? Which one is Marta? The one who played Giulia on Borgia? Maybe they can hire her to be Francois' new love interest on Midnight, Texas? Oh, and tomorrow is the Lacrosse game, right?

And I have to go to bed soon, so I'll see you both later! Goodnight, Nina! Goodnight, May! Have a great birthday tomorrow!
Old 03-13-2018, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Marta Gastini, yes, she played Giulia Farnese on 'Borgia'. See the gif I just posted above. Anyway. Yeah, but firstly, I am not in love with "Midnight, Texas", and is it even renewed yet? Also it could most likely only be a guest appearance, right? I haven't read the books that go with the show so I don't know who she could play who hasn't appeared yet (btw, one of the actresses from "Midnight, Texas", Parisa Fitz-Henley who plays Fiji, just booked herself a gig in that Lifetime movie about tha next Royal Wedding playing Meghan Markle). But back to Marta and François, I don't know, I was thinking something more contemporary? Or I really enjoyed this novel by Carrie Patel – "The Buried Life". It's a murder mystery set in a Victorian era-esque dystopia. I could totally see François as 'Roman' and Marta as 'Jane'. He's this charming con-man with some dangerous underworld ties (of course) and she's a laundress, who's way too smart for her own good (of course).

Source: corriere.it

And no, the Lacrosse game against Maryland is next week: 21 March, 7pm on ESPN3 or just go to the Franklin Field at Penn, I checked, it's free. Here's the schedule again: https://www.pennathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=wlax

I haven't looked much at non-Ivy rankings, as far as Ivy rankings go, they predict that this year it'll be Princeton before Penn before Cornell in the top three. So I advise you to pay special attention to that game Princeton vs. Penn on 25 April (also a Wednesday at 7pm but at Princeton though I'm sure it'll be streamed somewhere, we'll just have to look out for it).

Last edited by Nikki K; 03-13-2018 at 08:27 PM
Old 03-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

I think Marta had chemistry with mostly everyone in Borgia and she was a very good actress so I support this!
Old 03-14-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm currently emotional of watching This is Us.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, May! Happy Birthday! I posted to you in the birthday thread.

I know, Arinna. Why do we watch This Is Us when it makes us cry so much?

Hi, Nina! Yeah, that's the Marta I was thinking about. And yes, Midnight, Texas was renewed for a second season, but I don't know when it will start filming. It might not air until 2019. But I do like that idea about the murder mystery novel. Has Marta ever done anything in the USA?

Ahhh, thanks for the Lacrosse schedule, Nina. Next week then. And Princeton vs. Penn is in April, huh? Thank goodness it should be warmer by then.