Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

.. and I work at two places.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I used to work two jobs, Arinna. That was exhausting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yeah? I mean that's basically what I work Monday to Friday and then Saturday half a day.
Wow, that's more than 40 hours a week, Nina. You work five days and then a half day on Saturday? I wish you got more rest.

I meant working ten hours a day, Monday through Thursday and then have off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. You work longer days, but you can get 40 hours over just four days and then have three days off in a row. I think some of my managers do that.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Now you know how I feel, Alex.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I know, Arinna.

I hope Nina is okay. I think she's on her business trip upstate.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope she's doing okay.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So do I. But she did say she'd be out of town for a few days, so we just have to wait for her.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

And we will do that.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope she comes back soon.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

I'm back. I wanted to go to New Haven tomorrow but it's unlikely I make it and it was mostly a personal matter anyway. Illness persists, wlll probably need surgery. Very exhausted. *crawls back under rock* Hope you are all well!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you get better, Nina!
Old 10-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Arinna. Yeah, I wish so too but I don't know... doesn't seem to work.

Since I didn't feel like driving anywhere today, I thought at least I could watch the game via streaming... USD 9.99 for a bloody ESPN day pass. I mean seriously. Paid it anyway and it was a really good game (Yale vs. Cornell in Women's Field Hockey, everyone) so there was that at least. I mean I figured you pay more for a movie ticket so... (thought about watching the "Flatliners" remake but for that I'd have to leave the house and I don't think that's going to happen...)

What has everyone been up to?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! I'm glad you're back. Hope you had a good trip.

I'm not doing anything. I had a bad day. Alarm clock didn't wake me up on time and I got in late for work. FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I'm back. I wanted to go to New Haven tomorrow but it's unlikely I make it and it was mostly a personal matter anyway. Illness persists, wlll probably need surgery. Very exhausted. *crawls back under rock* Hope you are all well!
OMG, surgery? How bad an infection is it that you need surgery? I just hope you get better soon, Nina. And just make sure you take care of yourself. Next time you feel ill please see a doctor soon and don't wait too long.

I'm not interested in Flatliners because I already saw the original. I'll probably go see Blade Runner 2049. I already saw IT recently.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I saw the original too but I read that the re-make is not really a re-make actually goes off in quite a different direction. Plus it does have Nina Dobrev and Ellen Page.

I'm not happy about it either. So before the surgery can happen though, the infection and the inflammation has to go hence more meds. I'm rather exhausted. Didn't leave the house today. Also have a fever again. So yeah I was able to make the trip but it was really exhausting.

Sorry to hear you overslept.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks. Yeah, I hate doing that. I end up getting a half point that takes six months to come off. You get 9 points and you get terminated.

Nina Dobrev is in it too? Arinna might check that out, but she doesn't like scary movies.

Ever see Blade Runner?

But why surgery for a nasal or lung infection? I thought they just had medication for that? And will the surgery remove the infection and get rid of the fever? I have no idea how this stuff works.

Well, just keep taking the meds and rest, okay? Please do everything you can to get better, because I feel bad seeing you feeling so sick.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Well, but you don't have nine points, do you?

It's mostly that the cast sounds decent that made me think if I felt a bit better but then staying in bed and watching the game was a better idea, I think.

I haven't though I do like Rutger Hauer. I guess at this point I'm just not really able to get invested in a new franchise.

No, the infection/fever has to go before the surgery can be done. The tubes that connect the ears to the throat are apparently clogged/can't drain idk. So they'll put holes in the ear drums. I think they do that a lot on little children. But you know I don't really want to think about it. I still pray it won't be necessary. Also because I feel horrible.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread