Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2017, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Happy New Year everyone !
Old 12-31-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy New Year, Barbara! I hope you have a great New Year!
Old 12-31-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you, Arinna! I hope you had a great celebration!
Old 01-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Happy New Year everyone!

I watched "The Arrangement" with Michael Vartan ("Alias") and Lexa Doig ("Andromeda") on E! and was otherwise zonked out on painkillers. Not great. Hope everyone else is doing better.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy New Year, Nina!
Old 01-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Happy New Year everyone!

I watched "The Arrangement" with Michael Vartan ("Alias") and Lexa Doig ("Andromeda") on E! and was otherwise zonked out on painkillers. Not great. Hope everyone else is doing better.
Happy New Year, Nina! I'm mostly just cold in this freezing weather and not doing good. I'm sorry you were so out of it. Painkillers? Did you have the surgery? I hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

No, I haven't. They told me I'll have to take some time off in August and see that I find someone in Europe to do it. In the meantime they keep feeding me antibiotics and steroids.

I haven't met a single doctor in the U.S. who I trusted so it's just as well. But being sick for another eight months is not a great prospect. And then taking unpaid leave is also not great.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 01-02-2018 at 06:02 PM
Old 01-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry. But at least you'll take some time off and get to go home to Europe for a while. I hope the medication is helping, at least.

And I hope you had a nice New Year's. I've missed you!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

No, the medication doesn't do anything. At best it makes things not worse. And no, it's not a great thing going home since it's not a holiday where I can relax and meet my friends and whatnot but I'll have to be in hospital and because I'll have to take unpaid leave for the surgery. I'm not sure if I can afford it.

No not really, I was mostly cold and miserable while trying to catch up on some reading for work.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No, the medication doesn't do anything. At best it makes things not worse. And no, it's not a great thing going home since it's not a holiday where I can relax and meet my friends and whatnot but I'll have to be in hospital and because I'll have to take unpaid leave for the surgery. I'm not sure if I can afford it.

No not really, I was mostly cold and miserable while trying to catch up on some reading for work.
Oh man. So you can't even say hi to your friends while you're away? And why do they give you the meds if they don't help? I feel really badly and I wish I could do something, Nina. Makes me feel helpless. And you're not even gonna get paid for your time off to have surgery? Your job sucks.

I was cold and miserable too. I still am. I hate this coldsnap the whole USA is in, and the temps aren't gonna get above freezing until next week. I'm just trying to keep warm. Just take care of yourself, okay? I'm glad you stopped by, even if for a while.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

The idea is that presumably the doxycyclin and the dexamethasone along with the triamicinolonacetonid nasal spray should keep the infection and inflammation at least somewhat under control though it doesn't really go away. I don't know. Painkillers are thankfully just high doses of paracetamol... I'm really fearful that they'll prescribe me all that crap that Americans get addicted to.

Yeah, I really hate the cold. To think that we almost had 20°C on 1 November last year.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The idea is that presumably the doxycyclin and the dexamethasone along with the triamicinolonacetonid nasal spray should keep the infection and inflammation at least somewhat under control though it doesn't really go away. I don't know. Painkillers are thankfully just high doses of paracetamol... I'm really fearful that they'll prescribe me all that crap that Americans get addicted to.

Yeah, I really hate the cold. To think that we almost had 20°C on 1 November last year.
Ouch, that all sounds really uncomfortable. But I hope at least the inflammation and infection is under control until you get your surgery, I just wish it didn't have to wait until August.

I hate the cold as well. Especially since I have to walk to work and then home again every day in this stuff. I just hope that the rest of January and February are milder than this stuff we've been getting this past week.

I'm having my dinner and then I'm going to bed, Nina. I have work tomorrow and then I'm off Thursday and Friday, so I hope I see you around! Have a good night!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, probably not... work and all. But I hope you have some great days off.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Nina!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Closed Thread   Post New Thread