Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, here is to hope - as in Lucious kills Andre and Andre kills Lucious and while that goes on stray bullets kill the rest. I mean seriously.

Oh yeah, the queen is. But I doubt Valentine is. And what he said in the end was that it would be of great advantage to them both.

Yeah, I agree, no point to Juliette/Avery if there is no character growth in it for Juliette.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

How are you all doing today?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Arinna!

Oh, I'd love it if Lucius killed Andre. He's such an annoying character. I'd prefer the cops take down Lucius.

Oh, see I got the idea that Valentine found out that the queen had a thing for Simon and wanted to offer her a bribe or something. I guess we'll find out.

See, that's why I'm wondering if they'll get Avery and Scarlet back together eventually. And I also wanna see Teddy come back and reestablish his relationship with his daughters. Maddie seriously needs to get her act together.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just wanted to say hi, and I hope everyone is having a good day so far
Old 08-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Hey there! No, sadly, crappiest day in a row of really crappy days... so...

Alex - Yeah, I don't care about 'Empire' enough to want anything to be honest. But I agree with what you said about 'Nashville'. Like, have Teddy come back and have him and Deacon work together for a change - as in yeah of course there will be tension but please not ridiculously so. Get Maddie in line. Have Scarlett and Avery get back together. And really at this point, I think Alyssa (Rachel Bilson's character) is quite charming, so if anything get her together with Deacon, I wouldn't mind anymore. Give Juliette some actual character growth and no romance for a while. And if you have Will around then for crying out loud do something with him that isn't clichéd... perhaps bring Layla back and let them be best friends again or something - like she's finally trying to get her album out and he is trying to be more than 'the gay country star' or something ... they could support each other and yeah, might make for a good storyline. Don't know what to do with Gunnar at this point he's so whiny. I kind of want to see Daphne growing more independent as far as her music is concerned from Maddie... I know she's still pretty young but yeah, some kind of 'rebellion' in the sense where it's not about bad behaviour or anything but about how to do things differently from Maddie. Like less pop princess etc. ... perhaps she's having some doubts because both Maddie's biological parents were musicians and for Daphne it's only Rayna and Teddy and Deacon have to reassure her... something like that.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalღcaliber (View Post)
Just wanted to say hi, and I hope everyone is having a good day so far
Hi, Michelle! Thanks for stopping by! My day is okay for the most part.

Hi, Nina! I missed you yesterday.

I'm sorry your day has been crappy. I really hope things can start to look up for you. If I had time to visit you I'd give you about a thousand hugs just to make you feel better.

What's ironic is that the writer of Empire used to write for Nashville, and I'm seeing a lot of the same mistakes and problems being repeated on both shows. But I'm done with Empire. And I'm glad you agree with me about Teddy. I resented the show trying to just sweep his character under the rug like that when their whole political storyline involving Lamar suddenly got tanked. They didn't have to defame Teddy like that. And now that Rayna is dead there's no more reason for any tension between him and Deacon.

Yeah, Maddie definitely needs a rewrite. Avery should get back with Scarlett if his relationship with Juliette is becoming unhealthy. And what's the point of having Rachel Bilson on the show if she's not gonna be with Deacon? Maybe they're trying to slowly set this up for later on. Give Will a better storyline. And is Layla no longer on the show? They could've brought her back too. And yeah, Juliette really needs to stop being such a train wreck.

I'll get back to you later, Nina! Arinna and I are gonna do a Midnight, Texas watch on the Francois thread now. More posts for us! Be back soon!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

I fear that every relationship with Juliette is unhealthy because ultimately she manipulates people... and I think, Glenn and Emily are used to it and accept it as part of the deal at least to some degree but then they also get paid.

Yeah, they wrote Layla out like never mentioned her again which was really bizarre. I mean I got why they wrote Luke out, there was no point to the character with him and Rayna broken up but even he got to make guest appearances - apparently it wasn't the actress's decision at all but the producers wanted to get rid of some characters and I'm like... yeah but you're barely using the ones you have so... idek. Whatever.

Look, here's the thing with "Empire", it's just not my kind of music. For that matter neither is country, not really but the way it's marketed often these days it ventures a lot into pop territory. So there's that and then I suppose I just do not get the whole African-American culture references. Yes, I've seen it on TV but it's not that I really get it if you get my meaning.

Yeah, sorry for not being around. I'm not well. So I don't know when I'll be back. Also only a short tea break... back to work. Good luck with your watch.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, Nina.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Have fun, Arinna! And feel better.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I'm sorry you're not well, Nina. I hope you feel better and you can post again soon. Just try and rest yourself.

I hope you feel better too, Arinna.

They did that to Layla? Damn, I'm surprised that any actor wants to work on this show. And they got rid of Luke as well? I guess they wanted to streamline the show down for CTM because they don't have the money that ABC does. And I agree, I think that Juliette is just not worth it for Avery and they should just get him and Scarlet back together.

I know what you mean about Empire. I'm not that into country music, but I'm into rap and hip hop even less. There were some songs that I liked, like Ain't About The Money, but it's really Jamal who makes that song work, not Hakeem.

And you're right about country music these days moving closer to pop. I think that Shania Twain and Faith Hill were part of what started that trend and that led to Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. That's probably why I was willing to give Nashville a chance, but their soap opera plotting just got too much for me, as well as their treatment of Teddy. You don't treat Maddie and Daphne's father like an inconvenience.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

I thought that whole love triangle was handled really poorly, I mean yeah they didn't make Teddy look good but honestly the same is true for Deacon. You just had to trust for the longest time (and once in a while see glimmers of it) what Rayna may have seen in these guys all these years ago. Idek.

Yeah, as I said, I mean I get Luke, the whole thing had run its course when Rayna broke it off and it's not like they really gave him much to do after that even when they were stiil on ABC – yes, there was this family stuff and him dealing with his old friend who couldn't handle being on the road again but it wasn't terribly interesting in comparison. At least not to me.

It's just that this season is dragging on and on, especially now with Zach threatening to pull out of Highway 65, I feel like we could really do with Teddy's return. He'd know how to handle the business stuff and he'd do it gladly for his daughters. I mean Tandy could do but it seems like she really doesn't want to anymore and I happy to be away from Nashville, so...

As for "Empire", agree – Jamal's (and Tiana's) songs are usually more accessible because probably also going more into an R 'n B / Pop direction. I used to like Lauren and her band in season 2. I suppose that's why I am watching "Star" rather than "Empire" now.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Nina! I hope you're feeling a little better.

I've heard of Star, but I never watched it. And yes, Jamal and Tiana's songs were more accessible, but Tiana hardly had any storyline other than being a token bi/lesbian character.

I agree, this is one reason why I hate love triangles. No one really ends up looking good in these situations. Both Deacon and Teddy ended up looking bad, and Rayna just seemed foolish. I do feel badly for Luke. The actor was a good singer and brought a lot to the show, but he only ended up being a token boyfriend for Rayna and was quickly pushed aside after she got back with Deacon. They don't seem to have much interest in giving any of these characters a good storyline. And the thing with his son and Maddie was just a total waste.

Oh, I'd love to see Teddy come back and take over Highway 65 for Rayna. He is better at the business stuff than Deacon and I always thought that this would be a better storyline for Teddy. I wanted him to resign as mayor and start managing Maddie and Daphne. I wasn't too interested in Tandy to be honest.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Meanwhile, I keep coughing over here...
Old 08-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry, Arinna. I hope you start to feel better soon. Just stay in bed and take medicine this weekend. You're not working, so don't do anything if you don't have to.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, Alex.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread