Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so sorry, Arinna. I really hope you feel better soon. Just stay in bed and take medicine and get some sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Alyssa is Rachel Bilson's character on the show. Meanwhile Jessie is played by Kaitlin Doubleday. Yes she did, I didn't mind though. Gunnar was so whiny and they are never going to break Avery and Juliette up unless Hayden wants to leave the show but the show is still ongoing. So whatever. That being said, Scarlett sadly lost the baby after a street mugging.

I'm kind of feeling meh. Part of me wants to go to Providence today but it'd mean an overnight thing and I'm not sure if I'm up for that.

Well, first things first...
Oh, so that's Rachel Bilson's character? I wasn't sure. And Jessie is Kaitlin Doubleday's character? She used to be on Empire, and now she's moved to Nashville. So is she Deacon's girlfriend?

OMG, so that's how Scarelt lost her baby? That's sad. Yeah, I'm actually getting tired of Gunnar, but I really want Avery to get a better storyline, and it seems like they just wanna trap him with Juliette.

What are you going to go to Providence for?
Old 08-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

It was for a meeting but I managed to postpone it. It was a bit too last minute. I'd really love to go to Providence but preferably I'd like to know the day before or something, especially when I have to drive.

Everyone on tvline etc. seems to constantly complaining about Scarlett being emotional but really Juliette is just as clingy and terribly manipulative on top of it. So idek. And yeah, Avery deserves better...

Yeah, I don't know... Empire... not my thing tbh.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Nina! Yeah, Empire wasn't my thing either. I only watched it because Arinna was into it, but she lost interest after season two. We watched part of season three and then quit.

I'm glad you managed to postpone the meeting. Better to do something on your own terms. You'll have more rest time, at least.

OMG, Juliette and Scarlet could have a contest for who's the most emotionally screwed up. They both have mom issues, they both cheated on their boyfriends, Juliette thought she might be pregnant by Jeff Fordham. And they both relied on men as their musical co-dependents; Juliette with Avery and Deacon, and Scarlet with Avery and Gunnar. But I guess an Avery/Scarlet reunion is a lost cause, huh? You're right, he does deserve a better storyline than just being Juliette's security blanket.

I'm going to sleep, so I'll talk to you tomorrow, Nina. I'm off Thursday and Friday and I'm on vacation starting Thursday next week. Have a good night and sleep well!
Old 08-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Ach, double post...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Well, Scarlett didn't cheat though. It was never clear whether she and Gunnar were back together in all honesty it seemed to be more wishful thinking on his part than anything she really wanted and she told him upfront that she had feelings for the British video director and would like to pursue it. So I think that was really different from Juliette sleeping with Jeff Fordham of all people. Scarlett also made it clear to Gunnar from the get go that she wasn't sure whether it was his baby though by that point she had conceded that they could give it another go. So unlike Juliette she didn't lie. And of course Gunnar couldn't handle it though he said he could so whatever?

The thing is, I always thought Avery and Scarlett would be like Deacon and Rayna in the longrun. But yeah, all Avery does these days is listening to Juilette bitching about everything and Gunnar bitching about Scarlett, while sometimes subtly hinting that thing may be better if they simply grew a pair. Idek.

My problem with Empire was/is that I found all the characters utterly unlikeable apart from Cookie. Plus it's not music I normally listen to so that made it hard.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've stopped watching it, because it stopped making any sense.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

I think the show is really in decline since Rayna's death. Perhaps even before that... since it moved to CMT. I don't know... maybe even before that... having Layla get with Jeff Fordham was the beginning of the end.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Nina! Sorry I'm posting so late. My PC had to update itself.

Yeah, I couldn't believe they got Layla with Jeff either. At least they killed him off so audiences wouldn't have to put up with him anymore.

Oh, so Scarlet didn't cheat? I wasn't sure if she and Gunnar were together or not. And it was a British video director? Figures. But Gunnar couldn't handle it, huh? And I guess the writers didn't want to upset audiences with Scarlet and Gunnar raising another man's baby? I still think that's a bit unnecessary. And yeah, I also shipped Avery and Scarlett. But the writers were hell bent on her being with Gunnar and Avery being with Juliette, and fans went along with it. But has it really turned out to be a good storyline for either of them? Like you said, both of these relationships have turned out to be unhealthy.

I actually liked Jamal on Empire, but no one else. You're right, the characters are unlikeable, and Andre is just nuts. It's bad enough that he's bipolar, but they had to make him schizophrenic as well, seeing his dead wife?
Old 08-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

I actually liked Layla and Will together – they could have played it out in a more sensitive manner, I always thought. I mean they got along great as friends so... ach. Anyway. Yeah... thankfully they killed off Jeff post haste. He was toxic.

Well, it doesn't matter about Gunnar and Scarlett because they are broken up anyway, which is fine by me. He just wasn't terribly mature.

Quote:
But the writers were hell bent on her being with Gunnar and Avery being with Juliette, and fans went along with it.
Yeah, it's a tragedy really.

As for Empire – I like Jamal well enough until they made him this cray-cray drug addict. And as for Andre – see, I really hate how they portrayed mental illness. It's just totally appalling. I mean I could get behind the idea that they portrayed it as a stigma among African-Americans but then did Andre as well as his grandmother have to turn out to be crazy murderers? I swear that's really not a great percentage among mentally ill people who turn out that way.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked Will and Layla too, but there was no way that was gonna last. He couldn't lie to her anymore. But I agree it couldn't been handled better. But her getting with Jeff was just...

Oh, so Gunnar and Scarlet are indeed broken up? So is there any chance of her and Avery getting back together?

Jamal is a drug addict now? I think the last time I watched he was beginning his drug addiction, but his main problem was his post traumatic stress disorder after being shot, which I think the writers way overdid. I mean, they already have Andre dealing with mental issues.

Wait, Andre and his bipolar grandmother murdered someone? Who did they kill?
Old 08-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Like Will could have broken to her differently and since they were friends she could have agreed to protect his image until he was ready to come out or something... I mean we saw glimpses of that when they went to that Indie festival and nobody cared that they were big Country stars in the making etc.

Yeah, Gunnar ran away after the mugging and is now on tour with Avery and while being on tour he hooked up with his highschool sweetheart (who apparently is different from the girl he and his brother dated and who was on the show last season or so), so yeah... and Scarlett has moved in with Deacon and the girls and is taking self-defence classes.

So yes, I guess theoretically but the current storyline is that women on tour throw themselves at Avery left and right but he tells them all no while Juliette throws jealous temper tantrums on the phone every five minutes.

Jamal has been in and out of rehab last season. It was a total snooze fest. Meanwhile Andre is planning to kill Lucious and grandma has actually killed Tariq after he and Lucious had finally found common ground. Idek.

Okay, I didn't quite catch that, what did Valentine say to the Seely queen at the very end of the episode?

Old 08-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, they really made Will look bad with his resistance to come out, and he just ended up hurting a lot of people, including Layla. That was the only thing I really disliked Will for.

OMG, Gunnar and Avery are on tour now? He just left Scarlet after the mugging? That's not right. And he's already hooked up with his old sweetheart? From what you tell me it sounds like a retcon if she isn't like the one he and his brother dated. Maddie and Daphne taking self defense classes? Deacon's probably afraid the same thing might happen to them.

Oh, so now Avery chooses to show restraint? And all for Juliette, someone who isn't exactly earning it? Man, she hasn't grown at all, has she? I hope their baby is still okay.

Damn, Andre is just slipping off the deep end, isn't he? I wonder what's gonna happen when his mom or dad find out what he did.

I don't remember what Valentine said to the seeley queen. I think he promised her something she wanted, but I don't know what it was. Maybe Simon?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

No, sorry, Scarlett is taking the self-defence class but she has moved in with Deacon and the girls. So yeah. That happened. It's just really annoying how insecure Juliette is – I mean he is only gone for six weeks. Baby is okay.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Cookie to bring out her broom or her handbag and give him a proper beating.

I doubt he knows she wants Simon... he was talking like it was something that was equally important to the both of them, I doubt he holds Simon so dear.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, okay. Scarlet taking the class makes a lot more sense.

Juliette is really disappointing me. If her relationship with Avery isn't making her grow and mature, then what's the point? They might as well get Avery back with Scarlet now.

Cookie would probably shoot Andre in the leg. But I'm wondering what Lucius is gonna do. He may kill Andre.

Really? I thought the queen was really interested in having Simon around. She tried to get him on her side and he refused. But I guess we'll find out next week what it was Valentine offered her.

I'm going to bed, Nina. I hope you have a good night's sleep too! I'll talk to you tomorrow! Goodnight and sleep well!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, here is to hope - as in Lucious kills Andre and Andre kills Lucious and while that goes on stray bullets kill the rest. I mean seriously.

Oh yeah, the queen is. But I doubt Valentine is. And what he said in the end was that it would be of great advantage to them both.

Yeah, I agree, no point to Juliette/Avery if there is no character growth in it for Juliette.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread