Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wait, you got charged by NYSEG for the person who had the flat before you? How can they charge you for that? Or was it just a statement of the power usage for the whole year?

Okay, I just assumed that traffic was so crammed on Manhattan Island that driving would be crazy, not to mention finding a parking spot in that mess.

Maybe you can order some food delivered? I normally do Chinese or pizza or some other Italian food.

Arinna is liking Francois' character, Manfred, but not his girlfriend, Creek.

Thanks for letting us know how your trip went, Arinna! You're lucky you got one last holiday at the beach for the summer.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

No, of course not but NYSEG is giving you a projection of what the electricity will be like throughout the year – and from that you can see what they charged for electricity for the flat last year... in September – there's a real spike in the curve, it goes down again in October. That makes me think that the people before me used a space heater in September and then in October the heat came on and their electricity bill went back to normal.

Depends where you have to go. And for work purposes I have to drive places. So...

Hah, that would have been great but I eventually went out for Ethiopian.

I think his girlfriend is cute. i mean the show doesn't make sense, mind.

Awww, summer, the beach... I should move to the tropics.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alex has the same idea about the tropics.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina!

Oh, I see. So it was a statement, like I said, about the total usage that year.

So do you only have to drive around Manhattan, or do you go into Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, or The Bronx?

There are Ethiopian restaurants in New York? I've never been to one before. We don't have those in Philadelphia.

Of course the show doesn't make sense. It's from the same writer of the Sookie Stackhouse novels that True Blood was based on. But it does seem structured a bit better.

Yeah, Arinna is right. I always dream about winning a lot of money and moving to San Diego or Santa Barbara. I thought about Florida, but those hurricanes are a pain.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah actually mostly I go upstate or to CT, MA, RI for work.

Indeed and I'm surprised, actually if I look on yelp there are several Ethiopian restaurants in Philadephila... most of them located around the Spruce Hill neighbourhood.

If I won a lot of money, I'd simply go home.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

If I won money... I don't know what I would do. Maybe visit Alex first.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

It's tricky. It'd have to be enough money to quit work, right? So... yeah... idek.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh really, Arinna?

Hi, Nina! Well, most Powerball and Mega Millions winners do win enough so they never have to work again. But they need to manage and invest their money wisely. And yeah, if you won money you'd probably go home and live on the French Riviera. Who needs cold weather?

Oh, I see. I didn't even know we had Ethiopian restaurants. But then I grew up around North Philadelphia, and Spruce Hill is next to the University of Pennsylvania in south West Philadelphia.

Oh, so you often leave NYC for your job? How do you like New England?
Old 09-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

It's astonishing that most seem to "suffer" from some sort of curse like that bloke on 'Lost'. But yeah, I'd definitely invest in a flat... idk... somewhere in Montpellier.

Now you know and can go explore.

Oh, I do like Providence and Woodshole. Yeah, anything that takes me away from the city really. Unfortunatelly it's rather infrequent, I suspect it'll pick up in spring.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina!

You mean Hugo "Hurley" Reyes? Yeah, but he ended up running the island in the end. And those people who get "cursed" are usually cursed by their own stupidity when it comes to how they fail to manage their money. If you do it right you should be okay.

Where's Montpellier?

I'd probably move to California or Florida. Someplace warm.

Well I hope you get to spend more time outside the city. I always wanted to visit NYC, but I guess it also has its bad points.

I have to go to bed now, Nina. I have to get up for work at 4am, so I'll talk to you tomorrow! Goodnight and sleep well!
Old 09-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

In the south of France. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montpellier

Yeah like... rats. And people. And flats that only get heat in mid-October. I'm sorry, I'm banging on about this, it's just so bloody irritating.

Sure, good luck. I'll talk to you later!

Old 09-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't like the Fall. I really don't.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

I don't like being sick. It feels like this is going on forever.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry you're still feeling sick, Nina. I get sick in the winter and I remember one time it just didn't seem to end for me either. The cough just wouldn't go away. Did you see your doctor?

Thanks for the link, Nina! Montpellier looks beautiful.

OMG, rats? I've heard about New York City rats. Are they as bad as they say?

I understand, Nina. I've gone through my own issues here in this apartment. I hope I can get out of here one day.

I don't like Fall much either, Arinna. Just Halloween, pumpkin flavored foods, NFL Football, Thanksgiving dinner, and that's pretty much it. I hate the weather.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

No, I'd have to phone my insurance and find a GP and I feel overwhelmed by it all but I suspect I have to. It's just too much you know.

Yeah the rats are basically as big as Volkswagens.

See at home I liked the weather in autumn but mainly because we had heat in the house and I wasn't sick. I don't care about Hallowe'en or football or Thanksgiving and I positively hate anything pumpkin flavoured.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread