Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Almost the same. Some of my students graduated today. So now, I'm going to bed! Nighty!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Goodnight, Arinna!

I know, Nina. I'm just telling you that's the reason that Arinna often lurks, that's all.

Who knows if Hal can schmooze his way into the Blossom's good graces? Aside from Penelope and Grandma, I'd be curious as to how Cheryl would take it. And where exactly are the Blossoms going to live now that Cheryl burned down the mansion?

Yeah, I remember Robyn Lively from The Karate Kid Part III(which I, as a karateka and judoka, was not fond of) and Teen Witch. I'm actually surprised that Riverdale didn't approach her for the role of Mary. I understand the nostalgia of Molly Ringwald, but she really doesn't fit the role in my opinion. And Robyn as the red hair. I liked Jamie Luner, but I kinda gave up on Profiler and The Pretender by then. I thought it was cool that the two shows often crossed over with each other, but I preferred the chemistry between Michael T. Weiss' Jarod and Ally Walker's Samantha Waters, and for Jarod to just hook up with Rachel like that seemed a bit odd.

Yeah, Shelly did look gorgeous. I'm four episodes in and Shelly's only been seen in one episode, hanging out with her friends at the Bang Bang Bar, and chastising them for making fun of James, who had a motorcycle accident and hasn't been quite right since. She tells them that James as "always been cool," although I beg to differ. Still waiting for Audrey to show up, though. It was great to see Naomi Watts as the wife of Dougie(yet another Cooper doppelganger) who thinks that Cooper is her husband. Sadly, Dougie was a creation of the Black Lodge, and he was summoned back and obliterated after Cooper escaped back into the real world. It was hilarious watching Coop(who'd lost his memory) trying to fit into this other guy's life, and Naomi gave a terrific performance as usual. It wasn't until she served him a cup of coffee with his morning pancakes that the old Dale Cooper seemed to return. All it took was a taste of some "damn fine coffee." Twin Peaks: The Return is supposed to run straight through the summer for 18 episodes and end in September, so I may have to get Showtime to keep up with it. I don't really liked downloading stuff off the internet. Oh, I wasn't interested in Leo's redemption. And I'm glad you're also a Brandon/Kelly shipper! I think we already discussed this.

Oh, adult content? I don't see why a link can't be embedded here. FF only objects to such content displayed here, not linked.

Yeah, Jericho was a post-apocalyptic type of series, right? Funny think is that after The Walking Dead, you see those shows all over the place now. In fact, I think one of the actors from Jericho is on The Walking Dead if I'm not mistaken. But the three main networks, NBC, ABC, and CBS, aren't quite as daring as their cable TV counterparts.

Yeah, I do agree that TV used to be better, Nina. I think that Shadowhunters has really dragged on too long. I'm hoping that once Simon gets with Izzy things will improve. That's what I've been sort of looking forward to.

Oh, you had another hospital appointment? I hope that went okay. I'm glad you got a chance to get some more sleep. Ugh, I can't stand those scammers. I basically just tell them that I have nothing on me but a credit card.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

See, that's Hal's in he'll offer Penelope some sort for help the Thorn Hill estate has burnt to the ground etc. – and Cheryl won't like it one bit.

Totally feeling the Teen Witch nostalgia now... And yeah about Molly not being right for the role sadly. I never watched Pretender so while I thought the concept was cool that two shows would cross over I didn't really care for it I guess plus I always thought that Ally Walker was kind of 'meh'.

Well, you know I am interested in characters with layers. So in a sense that was creepy but also appropriate –*Leo being victimized. Yeah the list of "new stars" on the show is really long, I'm not happy with all of them and hope they won't take away from the orginal cast too much. A few of the castings I am interested in though. And well, I guess that's probably more... (a) James was always sold to us as the "James Dean" heartthrob on the original show, so perhaps a nod to that and (b) if Leo actually was never found or only found dead, then perhaps Shelly has a touch of a bad conscience regarding how she and Bobby treated him when they thought he was a vegetable. Not that he didn't treat her horribly when he wasn't but that's not how the psyche of someone who was abused works. So James's disability reminds her of Leo and she felt guilt about others making comments. That's how I'd see it.

Maybe I'll look tomorrow then... maybe.

Yeah, Shadowhunters has problems. I mainly watch for Lydia at this point.

Thankfully no credit cards were involved, I just lost some cash basically. Stupid but I put it out of my mind.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-31-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See, this is why I never say I have cash, Nina. I always tell them I only have cards and I'm not interested, and I walk away.

Yeah, I guess Hal can get back into his family's good graces by doing that.

Oh, so if you're feeling the Teen Witch nostalgia, is it okay of Sabrina shows up on Riverdale? I'd be okay if Sabrina were more like Robin Tunney in The Craft. And thanks for agreeing with me about Molly. Oh, so you only watched Profiler and not The Pretender? It was interesting to see shows crossover like that. I remember as a kid The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman would do that often. Just like Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow are doing.

Hmmm... that's an interesting analogy you just made about James being like Leo now, post-accident. Perhaps Shelly is taking pity on him, but we really didn't get to see much of those two characters yet. Also, Bobby is still in the picture, or at least still in town, so I'm curious if those two are still friendly with each other. And don't worry, the new characters are minimal. There's a new subplot involving a scientist observing a glass box, and his girlfriend played by Madeline Zima, and... yeah, it would take way too long to explain. And then there's Naomi Watts. But don't worry, the show is devoted mostly to the returning characters. It's great to see Lucy and Andy again. She hasn't yet grasped the concept of the cell phone. Sheriff Truman(the brother of the original Sheriff Truman) scared the crap out of her when he walked into the station holding it while he was talking to her on the phone. She's still too used to landlines. And they have a son who's an adult now!
Old 05-31-2017, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Nobody would be believe you here if you said you didn't have cash, Alex. And I take it it's better to lose a few quid then lose your credit card information but I said I don't want to dwell on it but put it out of my mind.

Yeah as we've discussed – it would very much depend on how they'd play Sabrina. I don't want it to be gimick-y.

Oh gosh, Madeline Zima, wasn't she the kid on The Nanny? Heh... Lucy and Andy were always adorable. To be honest I hoped that ultimately Shelly wouldn't be stuck with Bobby but find someone worthier of her. Though I agree that especially in season 1 I thought the actor playing Bobby did a really great job.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-31-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really? A lot of people over here have stopped using cash because they only use cards. I'm lazy that way. I never have cash on me. It's okay, Nina. We won't talk about it then. And did you say, "quid"? Isn't that British money, another way of saying "pound"?

Well, if you look at how all the other Archie characters have been adapted(especially Betty and Jughead) I'm sure you'd probably get the Sabrina you're looking for.

Yep, Madeline Zima was on The Nanny, and she's become quite the hottie. She was on Heroes briefly, Californication with David Duchovny, where she displayed gratuitous nudity, and she's done quite a lot of other provocative movies/TV shows since. She's not that sweet innocent girl anymore. And she doesn't disappoint in that area on Twin Peaks. But damn if I know what the hell happened with her and her boyfriend in those scenes with the glass box. Cooper ended up appearing in that box after his escape from the Black Lodge, but before he materialized in Las Vegas as Naomi Watts' husband. You have to watch it yourself, because it would take too long for me to explain.

Well, like I said, we'll have to wait and see what happens with Shelly. I have no idea where her character is going. So far it's all been about Cooper getting back to reality and remembering who the hell he is. And the problem is that his Bob-possessed doppelganger is still out there, and is being held in prison. And Gordon and Albert both spoke with evil Cooper at the prison and they're both convinced that something's wrong. Gordon suggests contacting someone who might be able to help... a woman, but we don't yet know who she is.

Arrrgh, four episodes in, fourteen to go, and I'm still so confused.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

I did and it is.

Fingers crossed. I mean we already talked about how The Pussycats are kind of wasted so.. no more of that hopefully.

Yeah, I remember her from "Heroes" I think, wasn't she one of Claire's cheerleader friends or something? Well, we have to disagree – she wasn't for me. But then it would be a sad world if we all fancied the same people. Yeah, I have to watch it when my mind is not addled by painkillers. So far it only made me more nostalgic for the original series. So I watched a bit of that and then some more Riverdale.

Hm... perhaps I should really try to write a bit of fic. Perhaps you can help me figure out how Hal is weasling his way into Penelope's good graces and take his cut of the Blossom Maple fortune. Do you think, by the way, that Penelope was aware of the drug trafficking? I mean I doubt that she knew about Clifford murdering Jason but that doesn't mean she didn't know about the drugs.

Man, I adore Albert. – I was so sad when Miguel Ferrer died last year. I also loved him on "Crossing Jordan". Hm... a woman – will we finally get to see Diane? Other than that I wouldn't know who it could be apart from Audrey or the Log Lady or somebody new.

Yeah, the show does that to you.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, thanks, Nina. And I'm sure that Sabrina won't be wasted. The Witch thing fits the theme and atmosphere of the show.

No, Madeline Zima wasn't one of Claire's cheerleader friends. She was Clair's college girlfriend in season 4. Well, I kind of Like Zima myself. And I do hope you get a chance to watch the new series. As for the original, as I said, I can only watch up to the solution of Laura Palmer's murder. Anything after that is too painful for me because it gets into the Billy Zane/Annie/Windom Earle stuff. Season one is my favorite.

Oh, so I'm giving you some fic ideas, huh? I think that Hal is probably gonna use his position as the only remaining male Blossom heir, and that he's the only one who can keep Penelope and Cheryl safe. And I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's possible Penelope did know about the drug trafficking.

Albert was great. It's so sad that Miguel passed away. And not just him, but the actress who played The Log Lady, and Killer Bob have all passed away. We've already seen the Log Lady, who gave Hawk the clues he needed, so I don't think she's the one Albert and Gordon were referring to. It could possibly be Diane, and it would be great to finally see her for once. But I'm kinda hoping that it's Audrey.

And I have to take a little nap, Nina. I'm trying to stay up, but I'm afraid I'm gonna fall asleep in front of my laptop. I'll be back later, tomorrow is my day off. I hope you can get some sleep, Nina! Goodnight and sleep well!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

I'll withhold my judgment until I've seen it.

Ah yeah okay... idk. I never really cared for the show or Zima so I just skimmed it, I'm afraid. But as I said, would be weird if we all had the same taste. Well, I didn't mind the Windom Earle stuff as it was furthering the whole Black Lodge mystery. I just really minded Annie and Billy Zane.

Yeah, I think Penelope did... hm... I have to re-watch a bit, did they say what the argument between the grandfathers was all about that led to the murder? I wonder if they really made their money with maple syrup alone or if there was always a shady component to their business and Hal knew about it.

It might take away the mystery of Diane though if she appeared... hm... I'm in two minds about it.

Well, you have a good nap and we'll talk later!

Old 06-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

How are you feeling today, Nina?
Old 06-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Regrettably in more pain than yesterday. Anyway, how are you? Just out of curiosity, have you ever been to Romania, Arinna?

Old 06-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm tired, I've had a long day today and I'm kind of sleepy. Yes, I've visited Bucharest and Dracula's summer castle.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I just hope you're getting rest so you can heal. Yeah, I was struggling to stay awake yesterday and I had to sleep because I'd been up since 4am.

I think Arinna stood on one side of the Danube and looked at Romania from a distance, Nina.

OMG, I forgot you told me you had visited there, Arinna! Dracula's summer castle? How did I forget that?

Well, Zima was part of why that final season of Heroes was horrible. By then the show was already done for and it quickly got cancelled. And I wouldn't have minded the Windom Earle stuff if it had been done better, but again, Lynch had left the show by then and the Black Lodge stuff began to bore me. Lynch said that Laura Palmer's murder was the tree that all the other branches of the story depended on, and when ABC demanded a resolution to the mystery Lynch left the show. Originally the murder wasn't going to be solved at all, or at least not until the show's end. And yeah, Heather Graham and Billy Zane's characters annoyed me. No more Cooper and Audrey made it not worth watching anymore.

I think I'm gonna have to re-watch Riverdale as well, Nina. All that Blossom family history got confusing after a while. And as far as maple syrup goes... well, it's a thick, viscous liquid. There's all kids of things you can smuggle in maple syrup.

Yeah perhaps we don't wanna see Diane after all. I'm still curious, though.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Arinna – Sorry today was so tiring. That's really interesting. When you feel up to it, tell me more about it?

Alex - Yeah, the Danube... been there, done that in many different locations – (sadly not in Romania though yet), on many different occasions... -- only a couple of weeks ago for instance.

Yeah but that is where I think Lynch is... well, not tuned in to the average TV viewer. You'll want a resolution of some kind or things become a right mess... like "Lost" where nothing made sense anymore. Not a lot of people can tolerate that. And I felt the resolution wasn't bad – actually it was a very powerful episode. It was just a question where to take it from there and that was just pretty aimless until they settled on the Cooper's nemesis storyline. Graham and Zane were just in the very unfortunate postion to play characters that were absolutely not needed at all and therefore annoyed the audience greatly.

Ah, well... not as thick as honey. Yes, rewatch... excellent idea though!

I'm trying to think if we got a glimpse of her in FWWM... again... rewatch, rewatch it all.

Yeah, I don't want to whinge all the time but the pain is excruciating and they can't seem to find out the source really.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They can't find the source? Well, I think that they need to look a little more, because there's always a source. It might be transference from another area. But if you can rest or sleep I hope you can.

Oh, you've been to the Danube? It's beautiful, isn't it? And you were there a few weeks ago?

Yeah, well, Lost suffered from the same problem that Twin Peaks did, which was the loss of its creator. J.J. Abrams. He left the show and Damon Lindelof took over, and things went downhill from there. I think that maintaining the mystery of Laura Palmer's murder could've worked if done right. I didn't like the revelation that it was Leeland Palmer because after all the One Eye'd Jacks stuff and the storyline with the Renault brothers it seemed anti-climactic. And after Ronette's dream I really wanted Bob to be an actual character and not a possessive spirit because he scared the hell out of me. I think that Lynch did have an idea on where he was gonna take the story because Sherilyn Fenn said that the idea that became Mullholland Drive began as a storyline that David had planned for Audrey. And Graham and Zane were playing characters that Lynch had nothing to do with, so they really don't count for me. I'm actually surprised that David even gave Annie a brief cameo in FWWM.

So what have you heard being smuggled in honey? And no, we didn't see Diane in FWWM. We did see that weird woman who was giving Agent Desmond body language code, but that wasn't Diane... at least, I hope it wasn't. I may find time to rewatch Riverdale this summer, hopefully.