Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

You must be very excited Arinna
Old 05-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad you started Orphan Black, Barbara. I have to get started on that show soon. I also hope you watch more of Bates Motel, even if Norma and Norman creep you out.

Less than a month to go, Arinna!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

I watched even episode 2 but it is really too creepy for me. I am a sensitive soul.

Let me know when you start Orphan Black, it's captivating.
And I have just realized that one of the characters is played by Evelyne Brochu, François's girlfriend.

Last edited by Lucresiare; 05-23-2014 at 03:39 PM
Old 05-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I will, Barbara. And I'm sorry you're so creeped out by Bates Motel, but I promise you that it's really good and has a very strong emotional core with the Bates family. You haven't even seen Norman's brother Dylan show up yet, and he really adds something to the dynamic of the show. But I understand if you don't want to continue, even though I hope you give more of the episodes a chance.

I'm going to try to start Orphan Black soon! And I'm sorry I missed you, Barbara. I had to leave to do my laundry and have dinner. I hope you'll be here tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Do you identify to Bates ? Actually, I saw Dylan in episode 2 and I can see he's an interesting character. It is crazy how much Norma 'loves' Norman possessively but doesn't care about her eldest son.
Yep, I hope to see you tonight. I stayed up until nearly 2 am yesterday, but it must be early where you are.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, let's just say I sympathize with Norman, Barbara. It's hard not to. He really doesn't want to hurt anyone, he just has a messed up home life and an inappropriately close relationship with his mother, Norma.

The relationship between Dylan and Norma improves over the first two seasons, Barbara, as does his relationship with his brother, Norman. You'll just have to see what happens. There's a really heartbreaking scene between Norma and Dylan in season two, but I'm not gonna spoil you. And yeah, Norma loves Norman very possessively, and perhaps a little too much.

I think you're five hours ahead of me in the U.K., Barbara, if I got our different time zones correct.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, let's just say I sympathize with Norman, Barbara. It's hard not to. He really doesn't want to hurt anyone, he just has a messed up home life and an inappropriately close relationship with his mother, Norma.
I don't really sympathize with him. He tried to kill his brother in the kitchen, do you remember ? Then, their mother said Dylan should leave, because he hurt Norman, but actually Dylan had only defended himself. He doesn't care that his own brother won't have a roof above his head, since he's penniless and homeless !
Old 05-24-2014, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Norman didn't actually know that he tried to kill Dylan in that episode, Barbara. If you'll notice, when Dylan tells Norman that he nearly killed him with a meat tenderizer, Norman acts like he doesn't know what Dylan is talking about. This is because Norman experiences blackouts where he literally has no idea of what he does. This will be explained in later episodes, Barbara. But trust me, Dylan and Norman's relationship improves greatly. Norman just doesn't like Dylan criticizing Norma, but there's a reason why there's such a big misunderstanding between Norma and Dylan that will be explained later.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucresiare (View Post)
You must be very excited Arinna
Yes I am. And hope this season to be better than the last one, hun.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, and I hope they undo the damage they did to Aria and Ezra in the last season.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

OMG for a moment I thought Alex was talking to himself Hi Everyone! I am finally back.

Barb I am glad I can share my OB obsession w someone else here! are you still on S1?
Old 05-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey you guys! I hope you're all doing well. One of my rare days off from work. The first teaser for season 3 of Fontana's Borgia popped up in the Borgia tag on Tumblr. I didn't know exactly where to put it so here it is:

Loose translation of the voice over is: They have faith but they are without law. Brother, sister, but Borgia first and foremost.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

So S3 is definitely going there with CL then! Good to know! I still need to watch that show, stopped mid season 1 and never continued but I've heard S2 is better (I don't really ship CL in this show tho)
Old 05-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link, hun.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I have finished to catch up OB. I watched everything in a few days ! I wonder what side Mrs S. really is. I worry for Helena now
Closed Thread   Post New Thread