Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

The Vatican [OT] #13: Now with sarcasm, the hallmark of the subeducated.

Okay, where were we at? Oh yes. GoT ships/dark secrets.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

You like Cersei and Robb. Oh well...at least you don't like John and Daneyrs. I think that's gross b/c of book those that have fairly solid evidence. I like Arya and Jacquen, the faceless man. You know who I miss? Dory and that D'thraki chick.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

Again, I'm a bit confused what was so funny.

I didn't get the part about the book and the evidence and Jon and Daenerys? What's that about?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

The Cersei thing is hilarious.

Well, a lot of people pointed out portions of the book that prove John and Danaeyrs are related. I believe it, too-Ned wouldn't cheat on Cat and he has all sorts of guilt. Why wouldn't he just say something if it was another woman?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jon/Dany are my crackship.

TFTNT Nina

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still don't know how to feel about Robsten today. Might just watch another episode of The Nanny..
Old 07-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

They'd be mine if I didn't seriously buy into the theory of him being Rheagar's son. I know Targareyn's are fine with incest,but somehow, I doubt John is okay with that, lol.

Vicerys was weird and before I realized he thought of her as property, I seriously assumed they had a creepy brother/sister relationship. I mean, he touched her naked body.

x_X

You know who would be random? Sansa and Khal Drogo.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

I do kinda ship Jon/Dany, though I do think they are related. (But when has that ever stopped me, Borgias being a case in point ) I don't have many ships on the show...nor in the books for that matter, but I always liked Robb/Jeyne even if they didn't have a lot of book time. Now I have no idea what the show is doing with that relationship as Jeyne is now Talisa and nothing like in the books. But, oh well, I'm not that fussed.

Honestly, I don't care who Sansa ends up with as long as she becomes the BAMF I know she can be. She's my favourite
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
The Cersei thing is hilarious.
If you say so. I don't think it is. Otherwise I wouldn't ship it.

I don't know, I haven't read the books and I don't think I will. So I'm going with show canon and my own ideas.

Wasn't Daenerys' uncle at the wall too? Wouldn't he have realised that Jon was a Targareyn?

Old 07-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
If you say so. I don't think it is. Otherwise I wouldn't ship it.

I don't know, I haven't read the books and I don't think I will. So I'm going with show canon and my own ideas.

Wasn't Daenerys' uncle at the wall too? Wouldn't he have realised that Jon was a Targareyn?
Well, he has dark hair. My friend told me who exactly the guy was, but I forgot. She spoils me constantly and links me to the Westeros Wiki, so I may as well had read the books to some extent. I suck at reading since I'm slow, so I may as well get spoiled.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Sometimes I wish I hadn't read the books because I wouldn't already have how I picture things in my head. And wouldn't get annoyed when they change things.

I don't know about the show, but in the books I think Aemon knows who he is. But if it was revealed in the first book I don't think there'd be much of a story Jon and Dany seem to be important - the books are called a Song of Ice and Fire, after all.
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 07-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Well in any case Jon is a lot less creepy than brother #1.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
They'd be mine if I didn't seriously buy into the theory of him being Rheagar's son. I know Targareyn's are fine with incest,but somehow, I doubt John is okay with that, lol.

Vicerys was weird and before I realized he thought of her as property, I seriously assumed they had a creepy brother/sister relationship. I mean, he touched her naked body.

x_X

You know who would be random? Sansa and Khal Drogo.
OMG.

That was perfectly normal back in those days though. I mean, look at Cersei and Jaime.

Oh gosh. I can't even.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

I can't stand Cersei and Jamie-It's twincest. Twincest is gross, especially if it's identical twins. I mean, having a baby with your twin? WTF?

Cesare and Lucrezia happened and the Borgias are supposedly an incestous family, so I can handle anything except for Rodrigo/Lucrezia. I don't like sibling incest as a rule, het or slash. I know it was normal for Targareyns, but it doesn't make it okay. I mean, even on the show, people are judging Jamie and Cersei.

I'd rather he be with Rien-She's not his sister. I try and be 50/50 since I haven't actually read the books, but in my case, being spoiled is necessary. There's a GoT rp on the rpg board and everyone who read the books has to explain stuff that the girl didn't put in the OP. Like, I didn't know the complete history of the Lannisters(I play twins) and Targaryens(I play a bastard one). I think she gave me like, 50 links that even have the damn languages.

x_X

I do know that Jon and Dany are important, though. An ending was sort of made up to accommodate for 150 years passing, but I think it's not far off from what Martin planned.

Aemon was his name? See, I couldn't understand what he was saying. I really, really need to make myself read the books, lol. He was Aegon's brother, right? I know Rheagar was Dany and Vicerys's brother.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 07-25-2012 at 10:01 PM
Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Elite Fan

I cannot keep all these names straight but yesterday I went a bit through AO3 out of curiosity and blimey, there is so much Robb/Myrcella fic out there, I find that a bit disturbing to be honest. I mean she is merely a child, isn't she?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread