Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

I bet this is going to be a theme in Luke's career. He'll always be the lad that gets killed off at one point or the other.

Was it really a baseball bat? I thought it was a cricket bat at least. TV can be so disappointing sometimes.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Was it really a baseball bat? I thought it was a cricket bat at least. TV can be so disappointing sometimes.
No, in this case, TV has it right. The poor cricket-muddled Brits think that baseball bats are for bashing skulls, not hitting balls. They don't understand that for killing people, one uses handguns. A couple years ago, when there were riots in London, baseball bat sales went through the roof.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, what you are saying is totally plausible and I understand your reasoning now. Nobody in their right mind would defile a cricket bat like that and since Tesco unlike Walmart doesn't sell firearms, I completely understand he had to fall back on the next best U.S. American weapon - naturally because the producers were already so keen on getting Skins US established so they had to make some concessions.

And oh yeah that. Was that when Germany won the cup against England (and subsequently it was suggested to christen the bridge to the old Wembley stadium Didi Hamann bridge?) or was it when the Smiths released their classic "Panic". Perhaps a bit of both with some political/union pretext involved.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

You know the character was credited as "Paolo" not "Paulo" albeit that obviously runs more smoothly off theh English tongue but I wonder whether we shouldn't change that?!

In any case:

Source: lost in paradise

Even though I'm not all yay for that couple, you have to admire his resilience. And I wonder where/how he learnt he had a son anyway. He didn't deserve this particular end albeit Juan was right in a way - you never know when these stains, these shadows on your past come back to haunt you, alll of them really, the whole family. But he could have been a lot more subtle about it. Frankly, I wonder what drove him to this cruel and senseless display. He is not stupid, he should have guessed that writing/reading wasn't an ablity Paolo possessed. That leaves cruelty and while I think he is a bastard to a certain degree, I doubt that was really where he was going with that - especially after he just paraded around the city with Lucrezia on his arm, joking, obviously on good terms. Idek. Poor lad. I'm probably the only one wondering whatever happened to that poor donkey of Paolo's?!

Old 07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw that art in tumblr.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good point, where the heck is the donkey ? lol

Also has everyone wondered if the series would be up until the Pope's death (using history), Lucrezia's son is suposly 12/13 years at that time, do you think that will happen? I mean, see the characters, not only her son, but everyone else being 10 or 12 years old? Or do you think they will rush things and not age the characters?
Old 07-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Credit
DGSAFDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

So sad...
Old 07-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

I know, the entire gifset was posted in another thread, here I just posted the Paolo/Lucrezia stuff but the entire set is beautiful and depressing
Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

May - thanks for bringing it over.

Leonor - I don't know. I'd think they rush it. Also I'm a bit puzzled by the whole thing that they really made everyone see it's her baby. This Alfonso might be nice and in love enough with her to let her keep it but she had to give up even her child by Alfonso when she went to Ferrarra. Personally I am not a fan of babies on television, I wish that baby had been in the show less. Not just because it didn't make a lot of sense.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well I think that the baby kinda gave a good reason to Lucrezia's hate towards Juan. I know Paolo's death was important too, but it's like the baby threats were the last breaking point.
I love seeing the baby on Rodrigo's lap, I wish there was a gif of that, I think it was from the last episode, Lucrezia was talking ... about something (sorry for beeing so specific! *insert sarcasm*) and he has the baby on his lap, and at the end of the scene she takes the baby with her and the nanny.

Crap I can't remember what she was talking about -.-'

Is Borgias story line more accurate to the real history?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it is.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

As far as I know Borgia is more accurate in some aspects, but the characters behaviour is not that accurate and doesn't make much sense sometimes, I think probably the only character that was in place was Giulia and some say Lucrezia.. as far as I know Juan was a bit off as well as Cesare and Rodrigo, and for sure the C/L relationship was completely off in S1 of Borgia, maybe we'll have a bit more of context in S2, I hope to finish S1 soon and be able to watch S2, I heard it premieres on 2013 tho? maybe we won't get to watch it ... damn it!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

lol I still need to see S1 I haven't watched Borgias at all. Though it might be awkward to watch two different tv shows about the same thing.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

That's exactly what happened to me, since The Borgias S1 kind of bored me I gave it a try with Borgia before S2 of TB aired, so I couldn't really enjoy all episodes I watched, there was too much blood. torture and unecessary nudity that tired me after like 4 episodes only.. I found all characters except Juan, pretty annoying, but again I didn't really pay attention that it was more accurate than The Borgias, it was difficult because I kept comparing TB and Borgia's acting and characters so I didn't enjoy it much, I have to give it another try, be more open minded and stuff
Reply   Post New Thread