Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I hope if/when they bring Joffre back that Aiden has grown and that they do not re-cast the role. Recasting is just cheap.
That's one of my biggest fear, specially if there's a time jump when the season ends. I hope Joffre appears next season and he's played by the same actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinya (View Post)
I saw the kiss scene between C & L and thought.....the beginning of many! I still can't believe I'm shipping an incestous story line!
Anyway, I found Miceletto kind of funny....but he is the guy you would never want to meet in a dark alley ever.
You have joined the dark side

Micheletto is one of those characters that adds a lot to the show doing very little. I think the actor is fantastic.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I saw the kiss scene between C & L and thought.....the beginning of many! I still can't believe I'm shipping an incestous story line!
Welcome to the club! Me and Arinna and Lauren from the Heroes board have been shipping incestuously for years!
Arinna and I shipped Peter Petrelli and Claire Bennet and Cesare and Lucrezia.
Me and Lauren shipped Peter/Claire, Arthur/Morgana, Chris and Cathy Dollenganger, etc. Lauren pretty much ships everybody.

Quote:
Anyway, I found Miceletto kind of funny....but he is the guy you would never want to meet in a dark alley ever.
It was interesting to also see the humanitarian side of Rodrigo.....but what was funny was Juans reaction to the pope wanting to walk the streets. Especially when the pope said "well our saviour did that" and Juan replying "But he wasn't the pope".
Yeah, I was also struck by Roderigo's charity towards the poor, especially him putting Giulia in charge of the Vatican accounting to make sure the money for the poor goes to the poor and not the greedy Cardinals. It paints a different portrait of the man than history often does.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Nelly - yes, I do sincerely hope that Aiden Alexander will be back. I mean kids that age grow pretty fast still, no? It reminds me that somebody told me they wanted to recast that werewolf in Twilight for the second movie but then they didn't after all because the actor's physical appearance changed to their liking.

So Aiden, if you or your agent or your mother reads this: Lots of protein shakes and weight lifting, k?!! Because we want to see you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
have been shipping incestuously for years!
I tried to stay clear of this but it couldn't be helped with Arthur/Morgana (Merlin), Will/Elsie (The West Wing) and Freddie/Karen (Skins) beside CL.

Quote:
putting Giulia in charge of the Vatican accounting to make sure the money for the poor goes to the poor and not the greedy Cardinals. It paints a different portrait of the man than history often does.
Giulia was NEVER in charge of anything in the Vatican apart from that one thing where she bedded Rordigo so her brother would be made Cardinal. That is the part that really irks me about it.

The part about Rodrigo weakening the greedy Cardinals by syphoning off money - even if a bit of it is for the poor is really not that surprising to me. I mean in the end he doesn't want the other Cardinals to have too much money and power. But if you want to see it as a good deed, sure - I mean he let the Jews stay in Rome when they fled from Spain etc. - out of the goodness of his heart and because he could tax them higher than the average Christian out there.

After having read a really good biography on Rodrigo, I have to say - the main thing that can be said about him is that he was able to twist things every way he liked and that was opportune at this very moment, just to later revoke what he did or said when it wasn't convenient anymore. He was a master at playing cat and mouse.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 04-18-2012 at 01:16 PM
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

What was the name of that Biography of Rodrigo? I would like to read that sometime.

Lol, I don't know if any of you are from the UK but theres a show called Eastenders, I really shipped Sharon and Dennis....She was his adopted sister. I however thankfully do not ship the Lannister twins.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

The biography was by Volker Reinhardt.

The Lannisters are hard to ship because Jaime is so vain and Cersei so ... so ... I don't know how to put it.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 04-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I tried to stay clear of this but it couldn't be helped with Arthur/Morgana (Merlin), Will/Elsie (The West Wing) and Freddie/Karen (Skins) beside CL.

Giulia was NEVER in charge of anything in the Vatican apart from that one thing where she bedded Rordigo so her brother would be made Cardinal. That is the part that really irks me about it.
That's great! Another Arthur/Morgana shipper! I've shipped them since I read the Avalon books like The Mists Of Avalon and The Road To Avalon.

And I already figured that putting Giulia in charge of Vatican accounting was a fabrication by the writers. It's hard to believe that it would be tolerated by the Vatican at that time. But I have read from some sources that Roderigo's legacy and reputation was molded in part by vengeful enemies of the Borgias who resented his putting checks on the power of the Cardinals as well as his giving refuge to the Jews. But I guess no one will know for sure what they guy was like. Some things back in those days were tolerated more than they would be today.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Heheh!!! ArMor shippers unite! Marion Zimmer Bradley... oh yes, read those and... I admit it, I think that's where it started and then season 1 of Merlin made it official because the actors have so much freaking chemistry.

As for history - of course for the most part the sources are questionable and some are clearly from vengeful enemies. That doesn't have to make all that they wrote down untrue though. It's just a matter of context and perception. I mean of course the Cardinals resented it to get stripped of power, and of course Rodrigo or any pope would have to do that to some extent back in the day because it was all about nepotism - he wasn't any different than the ones before him or the ones after him, I'd say up to Paul III. (Giulia's brother by the way). I don't blame him. And regarding the Jews, yes it was quite nice of him to let them come and stay (for a while) when they were being persecuted elsewhere but it is also true that it made him a lot of money through taxation. So who knows how he really was as a person. But then, does it really matter?

Old 04-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The biography was by Volker Reinhardt.

The Lannisters are hard to ship because Jaime is so vain and Cersei so ... so ... I don't know how to put it.

Thanks Nina....will add it to my reading list!
I think part with the Lannisters is that we have just seen the sexual nature of their relationship rather than any emotional or loving aspect of it so far. Where as CL is full of tension and emotion!
Part of me still kind of wants the tension to remain in CL because once they succumb to their desires....I dread to think what would happen to their relationship.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, that's true - they are pretty cold and therefore I cannot get excited about it. CL is a whole different story now, isn't it.

Oh, what do you think will happen that you dread that thought? I somehow happen to think that it won't change all that much between them.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yes, that's true - they are pretty cold and therefore I cannot get excited about it. CL is a whole different story now, isn't it.

Oh, what do you think will happen that you dread that thought? I somehow happen to think that it won't change all that much between them.
I imagine maybe one of them if not both feeling guilty (most probably L) and distancing themselves from the other and maybe having a sense of self loathing. It will be interesting to see how it pans out in the series.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Frankly, I think Lucrezia is incapable of feeling guilt... at least she is on her way there, almost there. Cesare might have a moment of self-loathing if he still believes she is sweet and innnocent and he destroyed that. But then maybe not, maybe he can see her for what she really is. Because I'm not sure if that was 2x02 or 2x03 anymore
Spoiler:

Old 04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Frankly, I think Lucrezia is incapable of feeling guilt... at least she is on her way there, almost there. Cesare might have a moment of self-loathing if he still believes she is sweet and innnocent and he destroyed that. But then maybe not, maybe he can see her for what she really is. Because I'm not sure if that was 2x02 or 2x03 anymore
Spoiler:
I'm guessing thats epi 3 then which is on tomorrow. That is interesting though
Spoiler:

Last edited by xinya; 04-21-2012 at 12:53 PM
xinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

I think you forgot the / to close the tag.

And
Spoiler:

Old 04-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think you forgot the / to close the tag.

And
Spoiler:
lol...what episode are you on so far?
Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen everything that's been out so far.

It's just that
Spoiler:

Reply   Post New Thread