Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh dont think it counts as a double post if they 20 mins apart and on different subject matter.

I have double posted a few times this week thought and had to go back and edit it, annoying but its FF to blame as it times out when Im trying to post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Elite Fan

I like Carnivàle, Deadwood and Copper and Downton Abbey naturally, I recently got The Paradise but haven't watched it yet – however, when Vanora opened the thread she made the rule that we only talk about shows that resolve around actual historical characters, meaning that something like Pillars or World Without End is out.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought we could talk for just about every historical series.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

We can do whatever. I was just pointing out the original rules.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good poing about Zeus and Hera, Roon. And unfortunately, FF frowns upon double-posting, even if it's more that 20 seconds apart. That's usually just to allow someone else time to post if the posting is heavy that day. But we're generally supposed to wait for someone else to post before we post again. it's okay once in a while if it's by accident or something. No worries, Roon. Just don't do it a lot, okay? And you're right, sometimes a double post is unavoidable if FF is screwing up. That's happend to me a lot. Arinna too.

For a minute I really did think you meant that Civil War miniseries.

So I guess Nordic characters don't count as historical figures, huh? Arthur and Morgan may have been real, who knows? I wonder if characters based on historical figures are allowed?

Woah! Love that femslash pic, Nina! I'll be in my bunk......
Old 10-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

It's not really a secret that Marie Antoinette was bisexual although most likely really a lesbian. The movie was actually really good and just came out on DVD. I recommend it.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
It's not really a secret that Marie Antoinette was bisexual although most likely really a lesbian. The movie was actually really good and just came out on DVD. I recommend it.
WHAAAAAT???!!! where are all these women? And why are they never where I am?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Huh? I don't really understand what you mean. Just go rent the movie.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Alex got a little bit too excited.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah just... rent the movie then. Otherwise... Rome had lesbians, Carnivàle had lesbians, Deadwood had lesbians, Tipping the Velvet was about lesbians... all shows from another era at least albeit not in tune with the thread statement.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry, Nina. Got a little bit facetious.

Catherine The Great is another female historical figure that fascinates me.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

If you check the beginning of the thread, Vanora and I talked about what era in history we would pick to make a TV show about and who to cast etc. – that was a lot of fun.

I remember there was a mini-series with Catherine Zeta-Jones as Katharina the Great.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I remember seeing a commercial for that TV movie!

I also really loved Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth. it really makes you understand what Elizabeth had to go through and sympathize with her.

and Cate looks much prettier in real life. A bit too much makeup in the second film.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Well, they had to in order to age her even though they let ten years or so pass between the movies, I guess.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, but she wore that makeup at the end of the first movie as well, after she cut off her hair. Kinda made her look very cold. Judi Dench did a great Queen Elizabeth in Shakespeare In Love.