Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Elite Fan

I mean, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference Does Holland has its own language/accent?

icon
Old 06-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I didn't mean that I can tell from her accent that she's from Holland. Just that she's not a native english speaker
Old 06-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

Silly me!

icon
Old 06-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Cool" She's adorable
Old 06-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

She's so beautiful She's more beautiful here than on the show

icon
Old 06-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know about that. I think she's just as beautiful
Old 06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think I'd say she's more beautiful in one or the other, just slightly different kinds of beauty

Chrissy |
Old 06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

She is so adorable and yes you can tell that English isn't her natural language from her accent

I love that she said "thats so cool" about the horse back riding she is so sweet
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

She said 'Cool' a lot

icon
Old 06-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New interview

Quote:
Many actors spend years trying to land that one big role that will then lead to numerous other big roles, but imagine coming from another country and almost immediately landed the role of a lifetime. Such is the case with Lotte Verbeek, one of the stars of Showtime's hit series The Borgias. The beautiful young actress (who can speak Dutch, English, French, German and Italian) came to the States from the Netherlands and without having more than a few roles to her credit, managed to land a major role that will undoubtedly lead to others in the coming years.

I had the opportunity to chat with Lotte about her role on The Borgias, how it has changed her life and what she has planned for the future...

Q: Tell us about The Borgias...

Lotte: "It's the story of the Borgias, the original crime family who are seeking power and going pretty far for that power. In those days, it was quite dark and violent."

Q: And your character...

Lotte: "My character is the mistress to the pope. She comes into the family looking for an asylum in a way, so she hooks up with the pope. The pope isn't making a secret of his affair, he openly presents her to the people of Rome, so she's part of the family in a way."

Q: Once you got the role, did you do any research on the Borgia family and the real Guilia?

Lotte: "I actually read the scripts quite intensely, I really didn't think that doing a lot of research would add anything extra because everything is in the scripts. Neil Jordan has done a great job in writing the scripts based on what actually happened. My character is a mysterious woman; we don't know a lot about her."

Q: Where is your character headed as we head into season 2?

Lotte: "I don't know. It's quite an open-ending to the first season that leaves potential possibilities of things to happen in the future. I do know that my character gains some political power, but I'm not sure how they are going to use that next season."

Q: There have been some very shocking and violent moments on the show, have there been any scenes that particularly shocked you?

Lotte: "I haven't been in any violent scenes, but I've heard from extras coming off the set about eyes being pulled out.and things like that. It's really quite dark and brutal every now and then. I don't think it's going to get any lighter in the future. It's really a part of the period of time.

Q: The costumes on the show are amazing, are they uncomfortable and heavy to wear?

Lotte: "They're very helpful because they make you walk in a certain way and they make you move differently."

Q: When does production start for season 2?

Lotte: "I haven't heard yet, but it's probably going to be this summer. I'm really excited. I haven't read anything from the new season yet, but I am looking forward to reading them."

Q: Do you have any projects in the works?

Lotte: "I'm mostly reading a lot of scripts. I'm shooting a movie in New York and I'm meeting a lot of people. I'm quite excited about my new life here."

Q: Are there any American TV shows you watch on a regular basis?

Lotte: "There are so many shows that are worth watching, but there is so little time. I'm really excited about the quality of American TV shows."

Q: Where is the show filmed?

Lotte: "The Borgias is filmed in Budapest, Hungary."

Q: Do you use Twitter or Facebook to keep in touch with your fans?

Lotte: "Not really. That's something that is quite new to me."

Q: Was this show your first big break?

Lotte: "In terms of audience, yes. I've done theater and film, mostly European small budget films. To be in such a well-watched TV series is great. The ironic thing about it is that I wasn't really looking for anything like it. I got the audition and got the part with just one audition scene. It's been quite overwhelming -- life is treating me good!"
Lotte Verbeek Interview - An Interview With Lotte Verbeek From The Borgias
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the new interview
Old 06-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm very excited to know what lies ahead of her in S2. I hope her character will stay till the series finale

icon
Old 06-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope we get to see more sides of her for sure next season, and of course I'm always for women getting to have more power

Chrissy |
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am looking forward to what lies in store for S2 and hopefullly Giulia will be in it till the finale. I am looking forward to seeing her gain some political power hopefully they will show that in S2
Old 06-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissalaugha (View Post)
I hope we get to see more sides of her for sure next season, and of course I'm always for women getting to have more power

I'd like to see her more than just the Pope's pretty and graceful mistress I'm not oppose to her having her own little storyline to explore.

icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread