Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lotte l Giulia #1: They don't call her la bella Farnese for nothing

Welcome to the 1st Lotte Verbeek/Giulia Farneses appreciation thread

Credit: May

Name: Giulia Farnese
Position: Wife of an Orsini baron (unnamed in show as of yet), Mistress of Pope Alexander VI
Personality type: Kind, unaffected, beautiful
Endearing trait(s): sweet, gentle, friendly, calm
Strength(s): shrewd
Weakness(es): a woman

*The ravishing temptress who comes to the Pope seeking redemption and ends up in his bed, Giulia quickly uses her new vaunted position to amass power and influence of her own. She befriends Lucrezia and shares her opinions with the Pope, thereby alienating Vanozza and driving a wedge straight through the heart of the Borgia family.* Source Showtime

credit: dernhelms

Supporters
1. Clockwork Angel
2. ~Phoenix~
3. ღEmrys
4. Nonie
5. sanna_o75
6. Vanora
7. Penrose
8. Chrissalaugha

She was born in 1472 in the Canino, (Lazio) Italy, but grew up in Capodimonte on Lake Bolsena near Viterbo. She married Orsino Orsini "monoculus" on May 20, 1489 in Cardinal Rodrigo Borgia's palace's "The Room of Stars". Soon after the marriage, Giulia became Rodrigo's mistress and remained so until perhaps his death or earlier.

In 1492 she gave birth to a daughter Laura after Rodrigo Borgia became Pope Alexander VI. Many noted that Laura looked like the Pope, but nevertheless Laura was an Orsini.

credit: discosnape

She was known as the 'Pope's wh*re", "the Bride of Christ" and as Giulia la bella meaning 'Julia the beautiful'. Her brother Alessandro became a cardinal during her affair with the pope. Many believed it was mainly because of her relationship with Alexander VI that he was elevated. Later Pope Paul III, young Alessandro Farnese was known as the "Petticoat Cardinal." In 1494 she angered the Pope when she with Adriana left Lucrezia in Pesaro to see her dying brother Angelo in Capodimonte. Orsino at the same time left his duty as a general and demanded that Giulia come to him. Alexander threatened excommunication if she obeyed her husband's request. Ultimately, Giulia did not listen to Orsino, but as she returned to Rome she and Adriana were captured by Yves d'Allegre, a French captain, and ransomed. D'Allegre boasted that he had captured the "heart and eyes of the Pope". She returned safely to Rome and spent the night with the Pope. Orsino died in 1500 after falling off a roof. Giulia was said to have returned to court sometime after, but spent much time in Carbognano where she governed.

She had at least one, but perhaps two four children thought to be by Rodrigo Borgia. One of those is thought to be Rodrigo born in 1503. Her daughter Laura Orsini (never acknowledged as the pope's child, born 1492) married the nephew of Pope Julius II in 1505, for which Giulia returned to Rome. It is said that Pope Julius believed Laura not to be Alexander VI's daughter due to the hatred between the two men (Pope Julius changed the location of his bedchamber because the room had a portrait of Alexander VI).

Last edited by BL.Arinna_1982; 07-11-2012 at 01:03 PM
Old 06-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

shes beautiful and i love how early on rodrigo trusts her and how she is like part of the family already as soon as we see her on the show and i also love her relationship with lucrezia and title and rest of the op is coming soon if anyone wants to be added let me know

Last edited by The Darkling; 06-01-2011 at 12:23 AM
Old 06-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

I her too

icon
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Lauren for the thread The OP looks so pretty

Please add me
Old 06-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

can i add u too nonie? they did amazing casting giulia i didnt think id end up loving the woman that stole another mans hubby haha but its not like that!

welcome adding u now emma ill work on it more tonight i swear but thanks lol
Old 06-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Lauren It already looks pretty with the arts I can't wait to see what else you add

They did cast her very well
Old 06-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please!

I love that a actress from the Netherlands is playing her
Old 06-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

tumblr is a beauitful place thats all i can say

oo i didnt know thats where she was from cool adding u now
Old 06-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me aswell

I think Lotte is a really really good actress. Have you guys seen Nothing Personal?? Amazing movie

She actually made me cry in this movie

And she speaks 5 languages. This chick is cool Love her
Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Angel (View Post)
can i add u too nonie? they did amazing casting giulia i didnt think id end up loving the woman that stole another mans hubby haha but its not like that!
Yes, please do

I don't think I'd like her either but she's very respectful to Vanozza and she's great with Lucrezia. I have no reason not to like her

icon
Old 06-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked her from her very first scene in the confession booth
Old 06-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Loyal Fan

She's my favourite character of this series.

Like the actress a lot as well, she conveys quiet intelligence very well.

Please add me.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

I like that she's very subtle and she can hold her own. My favorite scene was her little 'confrontation' with the Sforzas

icon
Old 06-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how calm she is. She didn't raise her voice once when she talked with Sforza and his cousin. She just left, I loved that

Old 06-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
I like that she's very subtle and she can hold her own. My favorite scene was her little 'confrontation' with the Sforzas
Yeah, that was great. She showed no trepidation about meeting them, tried to help Rodrigo's case and when she saw it was worthless, she just walked off without saying another word
Closed Thread   Post New Thread