Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Morning everyone,

Yes Alex, Ed was accused a while ago, by one chick first and then another one came out, not sure if there has been more since then he denied it when the first one came around with the second one he kept quiet, I guess he was advised...

And I mean Gossip Girl was very popular for like 2 years and then the ratings kept dropping so no idea why they'd treat it as the maximum of maximums, I'd dare to say The OC was more popular.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

The OC was more popular of it's time. And yes, I can kind of agree with you about GG. I've watched it mostly, because of Chair. But Joanne was memorable there too. Impressive French accent.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
The OC was more popular of it's time. And yes, I can kind of agree with you about GG. I've watched it mostly, because of Chair. But Joanne was memorable there too. Impressive French accent.
Anyone knows where we can find the season 1 blooper reel for the borgias? I miss it cause of one blooper with Joanne and Jeremy specially.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
When did Gossip Girl ever rule the world? I know it was popular, but that article overstates it.
You're looking at it from a ratings perspective. No, that wasn't stellar, and 'The O.C.' was probably better because it was FOX (?). I think the point was more that 'Gossip Girl' was at the beginning of the whole social media hype and that more than other shows before it had a certain influence in terms of product placement because designers knew that girls would want to dress like Blair and Serena. Additionally the Vanity Fair article, because it is a fashion magazine, made a point that even the boys on the show had distinct styles. A great deal was spent on talking on how Ed Westwick, being British, was not afraid of colour or fashion unlike American men.

I mean "Vanity Fair" is a fashion magazine and that was a great part of what the article was talking about, that and social media.

In all fairness, apart from the brilliant French accent, Joanne did get to wear some really neat clothes.

Couldn't find the bloopers but this is somewhat funny though I actually really despise Friends:

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 02-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do you have S1 DVD?
Old 02-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

I do but at home.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 02-26-2018, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG, The Borgias set to the Friends theme? Thanks, Nina. That was pretty funny.

I never watched The O.C. either. And I guess it was because I wasn't on social media at the time, so I didn't get it.

Good morning, May! I never knew that Joanne was on Gossip Girl. I think after Beverly Hills, 90210, I really gave up on those kind of shows.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

You did well Alex, Gossip Girl ended being absolutely terrible a complete waste of time.

Thank you Nina!

I wanted to see if the bloopers were anywhere to be found I have the mexican version of the DVD set and it doesn't have the full blooper reel, is edited
Old 02-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well... I liked the finale.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Didn't the Gossip Girl end up being a guy, and Kristen Bell's female voice didn't even really exist?

I just couldn't get into stuff like that, May. It seemed boring.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I wanted to see if the bloopers were anywhere to be found I have the mexican version of the DVD set and it doesn't have the full blooper reel, is edited
It's usually easier to find just the episodes and sadly extras are hard to come by but I'll look around (as I'm sure you have) but maybe we have different sources. If all else fails and we haven't figured it out by then, I can always look into it when I visit my parents in August and find a way to get it to you.

I think the social media landscape has changed a lot between The O.C. and Gossip Girl airing. The latter reflected that in a way, it was the dawn of Twitter and following celebrities through more immediate means than say 'People' magazine.

I just thought Gossip Girl was tragic. Like Chuck tries to rape Jenny in the first episode and then for some reason they think it's a good idea to set him up as a romantic hero, I just couldn't.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I just thought Gossip Girl was tragic. Like Chuck tries to rape Jenny in the first episode and then for some reason they think it's a good idea to set him up as a romantic hero, I just couldn't.
Girl, say it LOUDER for the people in the back. Seriously.

Sorry Arinna, but we're kinda going to sht all over Chuck now
Not only he was going to rape Jenny in the pilot, he later sold his girlfriend for a hotel, he kept doing so much crap and was never punished for it and at the end Blair literally marries him so he doesn't go to prison not only they kept the worst male character alive and well but they DESTROYED the best female character just so she could end up with him...

And yeah Alex, Dan ended up being Gossip Girl which made NO SENSE, no one from the group could have been GG and I think writers probably had a different plan but at the end were lazy and just went with anyone so they chose Dan. Basically Dan almost killed Chuck, Blair, Serena, etc and he just apologized and married Serena at the end
Old 02-28-2018, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

And I really really hated how the writers slipped in this half-hearted apology or whatever that was supposed to be from Chuck to Jenny and didn't she say something like "oh, it's okay" or whatever and I was like, no, no it's not okay, it's really really not. You were a 14 year old kid who worked your arse off go to some party and you were assaulted by that creep even though you said no again and again until your brother and his girlfriend rescued you. None of this is okay. But the writers put that in there so that the audience could give itself permission to like Chuck again or something because look, Jenny forgave him, so who are you to hold a grudge?

Ach, and I forgot about the thing with Blair and the hotel... urgh. See, that's why I liked the books -- at least there Chuck was a laughing stock who owned a pet monkey.

I thought Dan/Blair was a weird pairing and I was always more Nate/Blair to be honest but still... when she was with Dan at least she had more self-respect. They also were mostly pretty good at calling each other on their crap.

Yeah, the end made no sense. No reveal at all would have been better in my opinion. Like just some random person obsessed with the in-crowd. It happens. Or even Jenny or one of Blair's minions like they did because they wanted to become a reporter for TMZ and that was basically their portfolio for a job interview or something. But Dan was just stupid.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I personally think that Chuck was an interesting character.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I thought Dan/Blair was a weird pairing and I was always more Nate/Blair to be honest but still... when she was with Dan at least she had more self-respect. They also were mostly pretty good at calling each other on their crap.

Yeah, the end made no sense. No reveal at all would have been better in my opinion. Like just some random person obsessed with the in-crowd. It happens. Or even Jenny or one of Blair's minions like they did because they wanted to become a reporter for TMZ and that was basically their portfolio for a job interview or something. But Dan was just stupid.
I thought Dan and Blair made a good friendship and I remember shipping it because it wasn't canon and in my head it was never going to be, so when it happened, it was kinda done badly and I didn't like it anymore. I knew it was a matter of time to screw them up.

I remember Penn said literally how then Dan was crazy all along because he literally reacted to the posts from Gossip Girl on his own, without people around him, so he reacted to stuff he wrote all along? also he knew everything that happened in many many events he never attended to but then again it could be the others who would send stuff to him and I guess they just NEVER LIED about any event ever
Closed Thread   Post New Thread