Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

tell me what time u guys normally do it if doesnt work ill make sure i post here after i watch eps anyway k bu im curious what time now haha

so u guys do white queen and princess same time intresting hope its not confusing hehe
Old 06-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We do The White Princess on Friday or Saturday around 3:30PM my time, Lauren. That's 5:30AM the following morning for you. I don't think you're gonna get up that early.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

Hey, you never know... I'd get up at 5:30am or stay up for Joanne.

Love your 'Wonder Woman' icon btw, Lauren.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-12-2017, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

running away now i cant even wake up that time for work im horrible hahahaha

thanks did u see the movie
Old 06-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Lauren - no, unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity yet but hopefully sometime soon. Heh, you could always stop by though afer the watches and tell us what you thought about the episodes and Joanne's role? That'd be totally grand!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl (View Post)
running away now i cant even wake up that time for work im horrible hahahaha

thanks did u see the movie
LAURETER!??!!!! I can't believe that you posted here!
Old 06-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

The more the merrier. So let's refocus... Joanne. The White Princess. All the things.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, Arinna. Lauren was here. She really likes The White Queen/The White Princess apparently.

Yes, Nina. We're gonna do The White Princess here soon, once you and I are finished The White Queen tomorrow and I can arrange a time and day for a TWP watch with Barbara and Arinna.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds like a plan. And you'll be fully informed then!

Old 06-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

peterinna i had this feeling the way alex talked about white princess on heroes that u guys were doing a watch here cause as soon as i saw she was on the show joanna i even thought i wonder if borgias board alex peterinna know about this cause they should do a watch even of white queen cause of david haha anyway i popped by and voila but ill always stop by here after ive seen the ep to tell u guys my thoughts

but i thought joannas ep was amaing i was like u need to get revenge ur whole familys dying at tudors hands they have taken everything but her acting was amazing she just wanted peace and happiness and thats what it was like with her fam at her house till tudors came along again but yeah i thought jasper and her could actually make a great marriage but thengod why did she have to fall off the house why that was it her daughter i wasnt sure she was the other happiest woman there i cant remeber her name and the way she got mad at jasper but i dont blame her at all!! but it wasnt tudors fault it was yorke! and she will never know but im looking fwd to a yorke vs tudor war hehe
Old 06-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

peterinna i had this feeling the way alex talked about white princess on heroes that u guys were doing a watch here cause as soon as i saw she was on the show joanna i even thought i wonder if borgias board alex peterinna know about this cause they should do a watch even of white queen cause of david haha anyway i popped by and voila but ill always stop by here after ive seen the ep to tell u guys my thoughts

but i thought joannas ep was amaing i was like u need to get revenge ur whole familys dying at tudors hands they have taken everything but her acting was amazing she just wanted peace and happiness and thats what it was like with her fam at her house till tudors came along again but yeah i thought jasper and her could actually make a great marriage but thengod why did she have to fall off the house why that was it her daughter i wasnt sure she was the other happiest woman there i cant remeber her name and the way she got mad at jasper but i dont blame her at all!! but it wasnt tudors fault it was yorke! and she will never know but im looking fwd to a yorke vs tudor war hehe
Old 06-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Sounds like a plan. And you'll be fully informed then!
Thanks, Nina!

Uhh, you missed the York vs Tudor war, Lauren. The Wars of the Roses ended after Richard III was killed and Henry VII married Elizabeth of York. The White Princess takes place after that. The White Queen takes place during the Wars of the Roses between York and Lancaster. Sounds like Game of Thrones, doesn't it?

I hope you can watch on your own and then post your thoughts here, Lauren!
Old 06-13-2017, 01:24 AM
Elite Fan

Well, the War of the Roses was York vs. Lancaster. The Tudors were basically a side-branch of Lancaster but claimed to unite the two warring sides by having Henry marry Lizzie who was a York.

And yes Mary of Burgundy was Margaret of York's stepdaughter. But basically Margaret raised her from a very very early age so they were incredibly close. That actually happened btw that she died from a fall from her horse and it was quite tragic, her husband, the Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian married two more times but was so miserable that he never loved again. I think I posted that a few pages back with links and all, there was a miniseries about the two of them which was really endearing and also very well done. As for as TWP is concerned, it was clever how they used Mary's death as a plot device but actually it didn't happen that way.

Anyway aren't the costumes gorgeous? I especially adore how they juxtapose the fashion and also the architecture of England and Burgundy. It may not have looked like that in reality (especially Burgundy looks like it's about 200 years ahead of its time or so under William of Orange and Mary II. of England with all the gardening etc. ) but it is aesthetically pleasing nonetheless.

I hope you'll be back often, Lauren. You have good taste!

Old 06-13-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know if you've watched the whole 10 episodes, Laureter, but Joanne is in a lot more than just one episode... and oh, she's so good!
Old 06-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You make a good point about the costumes and clothing, Nina. Ever notice that France always seems sunnier and more colorful than England?

Oh, and to repost what I said on the David thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
No, not a second season, never a second season. This miniseries was closed in itself. But yes, they started talking afterwards about developing 'The White Princess' as a mini-series but the BBC wasn't keen, probably because TWQ was super expensive and TWP is a really weak novel if we're honest. So Starz went ahead by itself... and three years later. See you at the Joanne thread.
Well, the article I read called it a second season. But it was going to be a direct continuation of TWQ using I assume the same actors. But because the BBC decided against developing it the project languished for years until STARZ picked it up. I'm assuming that's why the actors are all different. But it's clear from the first episode of TWP that they are continuing the narrative from TWQ, even recreating Lizzie's affair with Richard with that scene with Jodie Comer and some unknown actor portraying Richard. We only saw him from behind, but we didn't see his face. And his death on the battlefield was similar, albeit more gruesome.