Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

She did indeed. I'll see if I get my hands on it one of these days... perhaps I can make some screencaps.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

She's a very lucky woman! I'd die if I ever met Charles Dance cause c'mon. Man is flawless.

That'd be nice and appreciated
Old 09-19-2014, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

I'll definitely look into it.

In the meantime... I'll see if I can post some screencaps when I've finally watched the two episodes of season 3.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

I saw links this morning to watch online, so if you don't have any links let me know. I haven't checked to see if they work tho.

Also, Borgia is already on episode 7/8 in Brazil. I remember someone from one of those Borgias sites mentioning it but no one ever confirmed and now there's a chick uploading clips for episode 7 on tumblr. It's better that way, because the audio is in English but with Portuguese subtitles.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you but I'm good. My usual site got it shortly after I wrote you that last PM a few days ago. I just haven't got around to watching it yet.

And yes, I heard they started earlier in Brazil. I agree that's better for watching but not really for making screencaps etc. so I suspect I'll stick with the French dubbed version until of course I buy the DVD box. Really looking forward to that, the last two had tons of extras.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

You know what I noticed tho? that by the clips they've released, seems they were just teasing CL in the promos just for fun it doesn't look like there's much going on between those two yet... I mean, it's almost like they're going backwards. S1 they made out, S2 they kissed and confessed their "feelings" and S3 they're acting more like actual siblings by the looks of it.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

True. I think it was always that way though, the lure of something scandalous etc. but ultimately the show was never about that and I'm fine with it. I do hope though that they integrate the whole thing with Lucrezia being sick in Ferrara and Cesare riding all night just to see her though.

Ah, I found "Henry VIII", the thing with Assumpta and Charles Dance etc. on amazon for eight ninety-nine. I might give in to the temptation after all... something to tide me over till "Wolf Hall".

Old 09-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Oh that's nice and very cheap!

Yeah I know, is just odd cause the promotion hinted that they were totally going there with CL this season. They never promoted them like that before

I keep forgetting they have more than 12 eps this season tho, so there's still time for something to happen maybe.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Sixteen so the Brazilians are half-way through at this point, I guess.

And yes, it's not too bad, so I'll hit the "buy" button, I think...

Old 09-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

I wish I could purchase online... I always have to go to the store that is not very close to my home if I want to buy dvds/cds... and they're very expensive and if they order something online for you it's even MORE expensive.

The Fades cost me more than 50 bucks! a 6 episodes series that no one knows of wtf.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Retail has a tendency to frustrate me greatly, I hardly ever find what I want and then I have to order it online anyway, making me wonder why I even left the house in the first place. Fifty dollars is a lot... wow.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

I know, but I really wanted that show
Old 09-19-2014, 04:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Sixteen so the Brazilians are half-way through at this point, I guess.
Fourteen, not sixteen. Alas. Somehow Fontana managed to squeeze 2 extra episodes out of Canal+ after it was definitely known S3 should be the last one. Fontana himself wanted 5 seasons btw.
All the episodes are to download meanwhile - in French. But I'm not able to find any subtitles and it HURTS and I really wish my French were better.
Anyway I'm on the 6th episode and... spoiler!! or not really? ...the more stupid of two Alfonsos died in the previous one.
Quote:
I do hope though that they integrate the whole thing with Lucrezia being sick in Ferrara and Cesare riding all night just to see her though.
Hmmm... not quite so...
I mean, in history he didn't ride to Ferrara JUST to see Lucrezia. By then he already conquered all the Papal States( so quasi everything what King Louis permitted him to) and started stealing up on Bologna and Toskana which Louis would never agree - in fact they paid Louis for his protection. At the time Louis returned to Italy to seize Milan once again and everyone whom Cesare had ever hurt immidiately run to the king complaining and hoping that Louis, who was very angry indeed, would finally kick Cesare's ass.
So Cesare rode to Lombardy asap to see the king and try to renew their old friendship. He stopped at Ferrara for virtually a couple of hours to see Lucrezia and pick up Alfonso d'Este( it was important for him to demostrate to Louis that Ferrara is still at his side and could be a buffer between Romagna and Venice). Then they both left for the french court in Milan and stayed there for a whole freaking month. It was pretty risky and Rodrigo thought Cesare is acting really stupid 'cause Louis could seize his son as a hostage in order to force him to support the French in the war in Naples.
But all went well so Cesare and Alfonso returned to Ferrara where Lucrezia had given birth to a stillborn child meanwhile. This time Cesare stayed with her a bit longer and that's when he held her foot and stuff.
I mean he surely worried about her and her health writing letters, sending the best doctors etc. But he never stopped his wars nor changed his plans because of her; it's just a myth that C/L shippers like to believe. I don't mind when people use it in fiction, though: it's beautiful.

And... hi Nina!! Glad to see you!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

desafinada - so good to see you here!

Ah, so it's fourteen, I don't know where I read sixteen... perhaps it was merely wishful thinking. Glad he got two more episodes though to wrap things up.

Quote:
...the more stupid of two Alfonsos died in the previous one.
Good bye and good riddance! The character was insufferable in my opinion.

Quote:
it's just a myth that C/L shippers like to believe. I don't mind when people use it in fiction, though: it's beautiful.
Yes, that's quite true.

Everytime I read Bologna I get a bit sad that there won't be a sequel and we'll never see Della Rovere's quarrel with the city put on film.

May - I probably spent almost as much on the first season of "Carnivàle" right after it came out.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by desafinada (View Post)
Hmmm... not quite so...
I mean, in history he didn't ride to Ferrara JUST to see Lucrezia. By then he already conquered all the Papal States( so quasi everything what King Louis permitted him to) and started stealing up on Bologna and Toskana which Louis would never agree - in fact they paid Louis for his protection. At the time Louis returned to Italy to seize Milan once again and everyone whom Cesare had ever hurt immidiately run to the king complaining and hoping that Louis, who was very angry indeed, would finally kick Cesare's ass.
So Cesare rode to Lombardy asap to see the king and try to renew their old friendship. He stopped at Ferrara for virtually a couple of hours to see Lucrezia and pick up Alfonso d'Este( it was important for him to demostrate to Louis that Ferrara is still at his side and could be a buffer between Romagna and Venice). Then they both left for the french court in Milan and stayed there for a whole freaking month. It was pretty risky and Rodrigo thought Cesare is acting really stupid 'cause Louis could seize his son as a hostage in order to force him to support the French in the war in Naples.
But all went well so Cesare and Alfonso returned to Ferrara where Lucrezia had given birth to a stillborn child meanwhile. This time Cesare stayed with her a bit longer and that's when he held her foot and stuff.
I mean he surely worried about her and her health writing letters, sending the best doctors etc. But he never stopped his wars nor changed his plans because of her; it's just a myth that C/L shippers like to believe. I don't mind when people use it in fiction, though: it's beautiful.
Thank you, desafinada! That's really fascinating stuff. It's always nice when someone who really knows the history sheds more light on the subject of the Borgias.

Which Alfonso was that, Nina? It's difficult to discern which is "the more stupid of the two."