Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

That's people for you. I don't even know. Thinking about it I didn't think anyone was really bad - I had to warm up to Assumpta Serna's performance or perhaps she had to warm up to the role but I loved her Vanozza from the end of episode 3 and especially her scenes with Rodrigo. I think John Doman was the only one that made me twitch sometimes with his broad American accent. It just didn't seem to fit the show. But in any case - I don't think the actors and their skills are the problem on any of the two shows.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Hm... I'm really not particularly impressed even though that was my first try. I could use a good tutorial if anyone has one.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

John Dorman's accent took some getting used to I think that was the only one for me. In the first two episodes it seemed like everyone had to grow into their roles a little, but by the third episode I loved them all as much as Jordan's versions. I think people just don't go into it with an open enough mind after seeing Jordan's version, which isn't good. (And even if they hate everything else Isolda is, for me anyway, the stand-out performer in the whole thing, so to dislike her is ridiculous)

They're really good for your first attempt! I have no idea how to make graphics, photoshop just confuses me.
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 05-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

Couldn't agree more on all accounts.

Haha, thank you. But it's horrible. One of my main problems is that I couldn't figure out how to make the transition effect non-transparent. I'm okay-is with simple things like making wallpapers etc. but I haven't done that animation thing before. I think it's also a question of taking enough screencaps per sequence perhaps then you wouldn't need the transition fading. I don't know. I guess I figured out how to fix one of the graphics now. But yeah... bygones.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Those looks pretty good Nina. In tumblr there's lots of help about how to make gifs and their coloring.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Aww, thanks . The colouring is tricky indeed since you are so limited with the .gif format, I find or perhaps it's just me that I always think, things look pretty grainy. I should look for tutorials - so far, it was just "oh look, a button! what does it do when I press it?" kind of thing. The crocheting went slightly better though. I think I might get the hang of that.

Well, I guess in the meantime I'll look for other people's stuff again.

New episode tonight!

Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

I was just looking at this: http://****bees.tumblr.com/tagged/psd (You have to replace the * with the f word).

You can download the PSDs. They aren't gifs but it still helps with the coloring to have some examples
Old 05-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Oh thank you for that. I usually play with intensity and contrast and selective colour replacement. Well, at least when I seriously try something.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some people are really gifted. Nice gifs here.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

I miss Sancia...

Old 05-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

I'd like to have seen more Lucrezia/Sancia interaction, apart from the initial "I hate her because she's beautiful." I think they could have become...not friends, maybe. Frenemies, to quote Mean Girls?
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 05-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Well, they were friends IRL. So yes, I would like to see them interact on the show(s). I just realised that Emmanuelle Chriqui is as old as I am and as "Sancia" played a seventeen or sixteen year old.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, Holly had to play 14 years old Lucrezia in the s1.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I know. It's strange.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

She looked 17 though.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread