Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know much about how things work there but if it means she'll have a good career then I'm happy for her

Chrissy |
Old 10-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

Just an observation from how I perceive things to work. So yes, I think all should be well. People usually fail when they think, they have to go to the U.S. - never seems to work out for them.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the US market can be a hard one to break into, There are just SO many people that it can be difficult

Chrissy |
Old 10-25-2011, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

Also there are so many things produced and a lot of them fail, get cancelled or don't find recognition. So I hope she won't try for that. Especially since I'm sure that would mean she had to become even thinner. And she is so cute now.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

I see nothing wrong with the way she looks now. She's healthy

icon
Old 10-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly. But Billie Piper for instance was told that she had to lose heaps of weight otherwise she would never work in the U.S. - and I think Billie also looks healthy and not fat at all. Hence my concern.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh gosh! There's no reason either of those girls should ever have to lose weight. They're cute, and normal looking. There's nothing wrong with that. We all have our different body types and there's no reason everyone should try to fit into the same one just to be able to work in Hollywood.

Chrissy |
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

I was honestly scared when I read that interview with Portia de Rossi where she said what sorts of terror from the producers and the costume department you have to endure. When she was clearly anorexic/bulimic from all that pressure, these people told her that she had never looked better because of how thin she was. It was frightening really. I felt so sorry for her and everyone who has do undergo this inhuman treatment.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

I think they're the one who needs to go to therapy and not the girls who fall victim.

icon
Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly think something has to change about how women in the media are presented.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just don't honestly know if it's possible, not until a period of time has passed at least, perhaps it's a sort of phase

Chrissy |
Old 11-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure. I think it's getting worse and worse. Someone has to make the first step. Or I'll just forgo US television from now on. Seems to be less crazy in Europe.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Absolute Fan

SheIsTheDarknessToYourLight, Lucrezia - The Borgias
Old 11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Oh this is so beautiful, Roxy! I tried my hand on some art (see thread) but it was soso...
Glad to see you back too! We missed you heaps!

Old 11-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

OMG, that is so pretty!!!!

Nina, don't sell yourself short. Your arts are great too

icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread