Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

One of their rare pics.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Absolute Fan

yeah, even though you can find plenty of pictures of Francois & Holly together in interviews, but there's very few BTS pics of them together or pics of them just casually hanging out together in real-life, that pic is one of the rare ones you can find
Old 06-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Absolute Fan

here's another rare BTS photo of Francois & Holly together

Old 06-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awwww, I love those pics! Thanks, Linda!

I so wish they could work on something else someday. It's a shame to waste such chemistry.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:33 AM
Absolute Fan

I totally agree with you, and I think many other fans would also agree and wish that Francois & Holly can work together again, they have such amazing chemistry together and they worked so well together It would be such a waste of their chemistry if they don't get another chance to work together again.

But it seems Francois has been mainly focusing on American projects in recent years while Holly has been mostly working on British projects, and she is set to star in a new British TV series that will be released later this year. So if they do get a chance to work together again, it might not be anytime soon...they both seem to be mainly focusing on different types of work from each other since The Borgias
Old 06-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, and I think Holly is also in a new movie with Rachel Weisz that's coming out soon. It's a shame because her doing British projects and Francois doing American ones kinda keeps them distanced from each other.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still hope they get to do another project together.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Let's not lose hope just yet, there's still a possibility for Francois & Holly to work together again Like Alex mentioned before, look at Twin Peaks, the show was renewed 26 years after the last season ended! So there's still that small possibility that The Borgias could get renewed sometime in the future too, don't give up yet! Even if the series doesn't get renewed ever again, I have my fingers crossed that Francois & Holly could have the chance to work together again on something else
Old 06-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Who knows, really? Lots of shows had been revived the last few years.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey503 (View Post)
It's shameful that Showtime didn't have these two do ANY Season 3 promotion together especially since story moved more onto their characters instead of Rodrigo

Source:
so I have been reading through some of the old comments posted in this forum before I bumped it and came across this post that I didn't see until now. And it made me realise just how true this statement is, I mean, it's true that Francois & Holly did promos and interviews together for the first 2 seasons, in fact you can find many pictures of them together during interviews & promos for seasons 1 & 2. But I can't find anything with them together from interviews & promos for S3, there's no pictures of them together or interviews with them for S3, so it makes me think that they didn't do any interviews or promos together for S3, unlike they did for the first 2 seasons. There were only interviews & promos with them separately for S3.
And that got me thinking...maybe it's because of the incestuous nature of Cesare & Lucrezia's relationship in S3? I mean, even though Cesare & Lu have always been very close since the very beginning in the series, even way back in S1 many of Cesare & Lu's scenes & interactions together were inappropriately intimate or had incestuous undertones, but their relationship in the first 2 seasons were still mainly that of unusually close siblings with a certain level of intimacy between them, or just borderline incestuous, but they had not crossed that line into becoming fully incestuous until S3. Having an incest plotline was already controversial enough as it was, I think perhaps Showtime feared that if they had allowed Francois & Holly to continue doing interviews & promos together for the show for S3, then the viewers or public might think that the network was trying to "promote" incest? And maybe that could've caused more controversy, thus maybe Showtime just wanted to avoid that?

I don't know I'm just guessing...but I do find it odd that Francois & Holly did interviews & promos together for the first 2 seasons, but not for S3.
What do you guys think?
Old 06-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I honestly have no idea.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I have a question guys, please feel free to tell me if it goes against the rules.

Looking up both François Arnaud and Holliday Grainger, I often come across the info that they dated each other from 2011 to 2012. I assume this implies the filming period of the 2nd season. I've been wondering how true is this. I do think that maybe it was the fans' wistful thinking that led to those rumours, but over the years it has been included in news articles, Wikipedia, and various blogs without refutation. At the same time, I couldn't find any credible source - how did people come to know it? - and the few times I stumbled on very old discussions, fans seemed unaware. I also considered the publicity trick possibility, especially in the early 2010s it was used a lot, but in such cases the agents/people behind the shows make sure to properly "advertise" the relationship which obviously never happened here.

It goes without saying that both actors are happy in their respective private lives, so I am merely asking this out of curiosity.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, there were some pictures around that time, so... I can't be really sure.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, nothing you posted is against any of the rules, Adora. You'll notice that one of our posters, Linda, posted about this subject just a couple of posts before yours.

There's never been anything conclusive, although if they did date I wouldn't have minded. But yes, I have heard that they're both in other relationships now. I do think it would be awesome if they were romantically involved during the filming.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I skimmed through the thread a bit fast, so I may have missed the "dating" speculations, I thought the discussion was more about whether they hung out or not and how they approached the topic of incest. My bad.

I do wish to say a bit more about them, but I think the thread just came to an end?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread