Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like her since the begining.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
oh there's no doubt Manfred & Patience, or rather Francois & Jaime Ray had awesome chemistry together so much better than Francois ever had with Sarah Ramos...which is why it's such a pity that Patience turned out to be the villain I definitely would've preferred Kai remain as the villain and Manfred end up with Patience...sadly that wasn't the case
Thanks for the info, Linda. I still wish that things had turned out differently. Now Arinna is gonna be saying I told you so forever.

We're still not caught up on the final two episodes yet, so I'll let you know when we are. We watched Outlander tonight.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for the info, Linda. I still wish that things had turned out differently. Now Arinna is gonna be saying I told you so forever.

We're still not caught up on the final two episodes yet, so I'll let you know when we are. We watched Outlander tonight.
Patience was so phony and fake from her first appearance, which is why I never trusted her.
Yes, I agree, she had great chemistry with Manfred, but that can blind a person to someone’s ulterior motives.

On a brief side note about Outlander, is the show trying to make Roger a total dork? What’s up with that awful wig and those ridiculously short, but very wide pants that make him look like a balding middle aged school boy?
Old 12-31-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Lila!

Yeah, I guess I assumed that Manfred and Patience had to be from the books and were gonna be a keeper. The advertisements for this season implied as much, but they went and pulled a fast one on us. I know you and Arinna never trusted her, but I have a weakness for redheads.

Well, Roger had to get rid of his beard to appear more like a young man in the 18th century. Wearing facial hair back then wasn't considered cleanly. As for how he's wearing his hair, that's probably just him being a typical 20th century man trying to fit into an older century and failing miserably. He's basically doing the Marty McFly thing.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know you have that weakness, Alex. But so it happens that sometimes you are wrong when it comes to a TV show.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Happy new year everyone!

have you noticed that redheads tend to cause trouble in fiction? In a lot of TV shows I watch redheads are often portrayed as troublemakers, guess I shouldn't be surprised

but like Alex I initially thought Patience was going to be one of the good characters because that person on twitter said she and Manfred ended up together in the books, so I just assumed that the series was going to follow the books. But then someone else said Manfred didn't end up with Patience and now I'm just confused don't always believe what you read...and even if it were true that Manfred & Patience did end up together in the books, it doesn't mean the series was going to follow the books, the series has already deviated alot away from the books.

Last edited by LindaL100; 01-01-2019 at 03:35 PM
Old 01-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I know, Arinna.

Happy New Year, Linda! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve!

Yes, redheads do tend to be a source of major issues in Marvel Comics, for example. Scott Summers and Jean Grey, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson, pretty much everyone who's ever gotten involved with Black Widow, and so on.

Yeah, I guess we both got tricked into thinking that she and Manfred end up together in the books, so that was a mistake. Also, since True Blood deviated from Charlaine Harris' novels, I guess we also assumed that Midnight, Texas would as well. We should be more cautious from now on.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

And again.. I told you.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I know...
Old 01-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

You should trust me somethimes.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll try to. And we have to finish Midnight, Texas.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG, we just watched episode 8! Patience cut off Manfred's head!

And Patience/Hyapatia had an incestuous love affair with her brother, Theophilus? How ironic is that?

Oh, and Jaime Murray appeared in this episode as Delilah!
Old 01-05-2019, 10:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
And Patience/Hyapatia had an incestuous love affair with her brother, Theophilus? How ironic is that?
Right? And did you notice how hard it seemed for François to keep his face neutral when Manfred heard about the sibling incest? He said something about their incest being disgusting, but there was a strange look on his face
Old 01-05-2019, 11:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Francois you are in no position to judge because you did the same thing with your beloved sister Lucrezia!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread