Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2018, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Arinna
Old 09-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Oh, so he's like an Adonis or something then? Man, a symbol? Does he get any dialogue or anything?
Yes, he has dialogue (in English) but nothing that would win me over. Just as well he's so pretty!

It's an odd film and it doesn't help that a lot of it is in Spanish, which I don't understand (and the version I watched didn't have subtitles). I think it's supposed to be like a fairy tale dream as it references "A Midsummer's Night's Dream" quite a bit. There's time-travel, dance numbers and operatic singing.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope he has a good plot line.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticipation (View Post)
Yes, he has dialogue (in English) but nothing that would win me over. Just as well he's so pretty!

It's an odd film and it doesn't help that a lot of it is in Spanish, which I don't understand (and the version I watched didn't have subtitles). I think it's supposed to be like a fairy tale dream as it references "A Midsummer's Night's Dream" quite a bit. There's time-travel, dance numbers and operatic singing.
Oh, okay. Well, it's good that he's pretty.

It's in Spanish? So Francois is also speaking Spanish in it? I knew he spoke French, but I didn't think he spoke anything else. Ahh, so it's a bit like that Shakespeare play then.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh, okay. Well, it's good that he's pretty.

It's in Spanish? So Francois is also speaking Spanish in it? I knew he spoke French, but I didn't think he spoke anything else. Ahh, so it's a bit like that Shakespeare play then.
He speaks English in the film as he's playing an american, although I understand that he can speak Spanish.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He speaks English in the film as he's playing an american, although I understand that he can speak Spanish.
Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. I still didn't know he could speak Spanish. I wonder if he knows any others?

Being Canadian, he plays American very well since they're almost the same as we are.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. I still didn't know he could speak Spanish. I wonder if he knows any others?

Being Canadian, he plays American very well since they're almost the same as we are.
It's funny when he speaks french, because of his Canadian accent He said his spanish was rusty, but he was given a new horse in season 2 - a retired racehorse from Spain named Luis, who only responded to commands in spanish. He said he practiced & improved his spanish by speaking & having conversations with the horse I love his sense of humor & have no doubt that he actually did that.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Francois is Canadian by nationality but he is of French ethnicity, however since he was born and raised in Canada, it's understandable he has an accent.

I could never tell the difference between American and Canadian accents, I've watched a lot of American shows and some Canadian shows and their accents sound exactly the same to me
Old 10-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Are you a native English speaker?
Old 10-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Lila! Francois learned Spanish because he had to talk to a horse? Well, that's one way.

And I never noticed Francois' Canadian accent. I don't even hear him say the word "about" like it's "a-boat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
Francois is Canadian by nationality but he is of French ethnicity, however since he was born and raised in Canada, it's understandable he has an accent.

I could never tell the difference between American and Canadian accents, I've watched a lot of American shows and some Canadian shows and their accents sound exactly the same to me
Hi, Linda! I posted a birthday wish for you on our birthday thread because we had missed your birthday with you having been gone so long. I'm sorry we missed it.

I agree, I don't hear much difference between Canadian and American accents other than the occasional vowel pronounced differently. Canadians sound a lot like Americans in the Midwest and Northwest.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here's a new MT teaser, just Manfred and his spade. It doesn't work when embedded, so here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPl8Eit5jI

Last edited by Anticipation; 10-02-2018 at 08:15 AM
Old 10-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Hi, Linda! I posted a birthday wish for you on our birthday thread because we had missed your birthday with you having been gone so long. I'm sorry we missed it.
awww thank you Alex! I'll check it out

Old 10-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

The promotion is kicking in now, with new photos. What's with the paddling pool?
https://seat42f.com/midnight-texas-s...mo-photos.html

There's also a screening and cast interview on Sunday as part of NY Comic-con.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the link.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Here's a new MT teaser, just Manfred and his spade. It doesn't work when embedded, so here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPl8Eit5jI
Thanks for the link! François walking around wearing only boxers & boots, what's not to love? OMG that look on his face! It's the same look he did so well as Cesar when his father forced him to take his cardinal's rites & again when he called Juan a headless coq at Rodrigo's knee
Closed Thread   Post New Thread