Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 05:48 PM
  #196
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Hi Alex & Arinna! I'm really hoping season 2 of MT will be better than the first. Losing Creek is a big improvement. Sarah Ramos had zero chemistry with François. They shouldn't have cast her in a romantic role with him. He was completely out of her league, so the lack of chemistry was probably cause he didn't fancy her. You could sense his lack of interest & I felt embarrassed for her. It was awkward to watch.
Hi, Lila! Welcome back!

Yep, so do I. I think we're all glad that Creek is gone. From what I can see from this video, they may be getting Manfred with this redheaded woman whose husband owns the hotel, but I don't know yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticipation (View Post)
MT season 2 promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jVg5vFQx_E

I like the hair.
Thanks for the vid, Anticipation! Yeah, Francois does have great hair.

Here, let me embed the video you posted:

__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 06:02 PM
  #197
Loyal Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
From what I can see from this video, they may be getting Manfred with this redheaded woman whose husband owns the hotel, but I don't know yet.
François' character behaving immorally? No way! He's at his best when he's really bad Like Machiavelli said to Cesar "Black. It suits you."
Mignonette is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 06:03 PM
  #198
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
François' character behaving immorally? No way! He's at his best when he's really bad Like Machiavelli said to Cesar "Black. It suits you."
Well, yeah. But it also looks from the trailer like the woman's husband might not be such a good guy, so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 06:10 PM
  #199
Loyal Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, yeah. But it also looks from the trailer like the woman's husband might not be such a good guy, so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.
Have you seen François' movie Rabid Dogs? It's on Hulu now. I watched it today & it was really good. François' character is so sinister that it was scary how well he can pull that kind of darkness out of himself. It's amazing that he can be so tender as Cesar with Lucrezia & so frightening as Vincent in this movie. See it if you can
Mignonette is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 06:45 PM
  #200
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Have you seen François' movie Rabid Dogs? It's on Hulu now. I watched it today & it was really good. François' character is so sinister that it was scary how well he can pull that kind of darkness out of himself. It's amazing that he can be so tender as Cesar with Lucrezia & so frightening as Vincent in this movie. See it if you can
No, I haven't seen that one. I actually haven't seen many movies at all, lately.

But I can believe that Francois pulled off a sinister character. He could get that way as Cesare in season 3, and I've seen him get downright scary.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 09-13-2018, 01:57 AM
  #201
New Fan
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 56
I was short of time, yesterday and so just posted quickly because I knew there were some who have been waiting for any promotion.

Lila, nice to meet to you and I want to respond to your nice post but I keep getting distracted.

I particularly like Manfred's hair in the season 2 clip because it looks flatter, longer and more natural than it did in season 1. I noticed this in the videos from Comic-con but sometimes they do something different when filming.

That gives me a good excuse to post a clip from Comic-con where you can admire the hair but also learn that (unlike many bigger stars), François does his own laundry and shopping.


I understand why people don't want him to become a big star and all that goes with it that but on the other hand, a higher profile would make it easier for his projects to get funding and to get released to audiences. It seems like his indy films take about three years from filming to a very limited release and that makes him very inaccessible. For example, the only legitimate copies of his films in the UK are for I Killed My Mother, Rabid Dogs, The Girl King and Permission and for everything else, I have to rely on someone having illegally loaded it onto YouTube or Dailymotion. Origami isn't even available from Amazon.fr (I can see it on amazon.ca but shipping costs are high).

Rapid Eye Movement was filmed in October 2015 and may possibly get some kind of release soon. Possibly, they are timing that to coincide with any promotion François might do for MT.

To see the difference that fame makes, just look at the interviews he gives in Quebec in which we learn about a wide range of projects, his future plans, thoughts on his career etc and compare with the US interviews which are (almost) always focused on the specific show that he's promoting.
Anticipation is offline  
Old 09-13-2018, 03:00 PM
  #202
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 117,575
Thank you for the interview.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline  
Old 09-13-2018, 06:02 PM
  #203
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173,459
Hi, Anticipation! It's okay, whatever time you had to post, we're just glad that you did.

Thanks for that Comic Con vid! You're right, I think Manfred's hair does look more natural this season. He was looking like Cesare Borgia meets James Dean in the first season.


Yeah, I guess it would make it easier for Francois' projects to get funding if he were a bigger star. And because he's worked in mostly Canadian and UK projects, that does affect how much promotion they get. I just hope that before he becomes a big star he gives us a lot of projects to fawn over like Midnight, Texas, so we still have a lot to post about. Thanks for letting us know about those other films. And you do have a point, when you're a big star, you get to talk about a lot of stuff regarding your life and your career, not just whatever project you happen to be working on at the time.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 02:43 PM
  #204
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 117,575
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline  
Old 09-14-2018, 04:05 PM
  #205
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173,459
OMG, thanks for that video, Arinna!
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 01:09 AM
  #206
New Fan
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 56
For anyone who thinks the first part of the promo trailer goes by too quickly:
https://twitter.com/JAMNPP/status/1040660608734117895
Anticipation is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 02:38 PM
  #207
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 117,575
Thank you for the link.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 03:40 PM
  #208
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticipation (View Post)
For anyone who thinks the first part of the promo trailer goes by too quickly:
https://twitter.com/JAMNPP/status/1040660608734117895
Thanks so much for that link, Anticipation! Yeah, they have Francois digging in slo-mo.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 04:30 PM
  #209
Loyal Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,023
Thanks, Arinna, for that video! It was beautiful

And thanks for the link & also for that interview clip Anticipation! The promo for MT definitely needed more of François in underwear in slo-mo....

Poor François used by NBC that way to promo the show He's always being used for his body

In one interview, the female host said she didn't recognize him (because he wasn't dressed as Cesar with the long hair). François misunderstood & said "you didn't recognize me with my clothes on?"

In the interview clip you posted, I loved that he said he left his pants in the dryer. But confess, my first thought wasn't about him doing his own laundry....but that he was pant-less
Mignonette is offline  
Old 09-15-2018, 04:44 PM
  #210
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Thanks, Arinna, for that video! It was beautiful

And thanks for the link & also for that interview clip Anticipation! The promo for MT definitely needed more of François in underwear in slo-mo....

Poor François used by NBC that way to promo the show He's always being used for his body

In one interview, the female host said she didn't recognize him (because he wasn't dressed as Cesar with the long hair). François misunderstood & said "you didn't recognize me with my clothes on?"

In the interview clip you posted, I loved that he said he left his pants in the dryer. But confess, my first thought wasn't about him doing his own laundry....but that he was pant-less
Really, Lila? Yeah, I guess a lot of women are used to seeing Francois without clothes or long hair.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Lotte Verbeek, Holliday Grainger Source
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST