Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2018, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

You are welcome, Arinna!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, okay. So those were from UnREAL. Thanks, Nina! Those are cool looking screencaps.

I never saw Surface, so I don't know much about it. Like I said before, I was already watching Lost and that took up most of my TV watching at the time. I missed out on Surface and Threshold, and I did get into Invasion, but it got cancelled, sadly.

Yeah, Queen Sophie Anne had a much bigger role in the books and she lasted a lot longer in the story. I don't think she was killed off, but Alan Ball was so Bill-obsessed that he really didn't seem to care about the other characters.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

I may have to re-watch UnREAL but it hit me really hard the first time around.

Surface was brilliant, catch up on it if you have the chance.

Now I crave for a fanfic where Queen Sophie Anne and Manfred play Yahtzee next to her Grecian bath.

Source: https://bigkuzdra.tumblr.com/

I just love the Rachel character.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-27-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is UnREAL still getting new seasons?

I don't know where I could find Surface since it got cancelled so quickly. It was actually easier to watch cancelled shows before the internet because they got replayed on cable TV all the time.

Manfred and Sophie Anne playing Yahtzee? That would be interesting. Maybe he could get her to try a being with a man again. They never explained why she hadn't since the Eisenhower administration, but perhaps men after that era had disappointed her.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

No, the show has ended. From the first season it was always rather clear that eventually it would end in
Spoiler:

Well, I just sent you a PM a bit ago. You can find it there for sure. Or you can get the complete series on amazon for 18 USD on DVD (or to stream).

Nah, I don't think so. I think she was briefly curious about Eric but he was all about Sookie. Again though so –*no sex stuff, Alex. This is a PG rated forum, is it not? But yeah, still want that fic... I think Sophie Anne would totally fleece Manfred in a game of Yahtzee. Eventually he may get the hang of it but then it'd be too late. I had a Sophie Anne icon here for the longest time...

Source: theborgiasfamily

Old 07-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the gifs and pics, Nina.

Oh, UnREAL has ended? Man, that's a shame. How many seasons did it go for? I won't mention what you put in quote tags, but I'm guessing the ending really hit you like you said?

I got the PM, Nina. Thanks. And I also have another site that I go to that might have Surface as well.

Yes, this is PG, Nina, but I didn't mention anything too provocative. But a Manfred/Sophie Anne fan fic does sound cool And when you say that it would be too late for Manfred, what do you mean? She'd fleece him or feed on him?
Old 07-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

It had four seasons. I think it was a fair run tbh. The first season was surely the best but I still liked it. A lot of strong performances –*very dark show though. I figured from the start though that this couldn't be a show to be drawn out endlessly: You can only escalate things to a point. And so they did. I think what mainly hit me was that
Spoiler:

Great! Let me know how it works out.

Quote:
nd when you say that it would be too late for Manfred, what do you mean? She'd fleece him or feed on him?
Probably fleece him... I don't know... I'm wondering if I can see the feeding scenario. Then again Manfred may have taken some precautions. Also I figured Sophie Anne wasn't in the habit of eating guests unless they offered.

Last edited by Nikki K; 07-27-2018 at 06:14 PM
Old 07-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I see. Yeah, I guess that's a good run, although most networks want to hit the five season mark so they can get 100 episodes so they can run the show in syndication forever. Yeah, the first season is usually, but not always, the best. Thanks for all that info in the spoiler tags. Man, Rachel's story seems really sad. And there's a castmember from that show coming to Midnight, Texas?

I'll let you know. I'll see if Surface is there.

Yeah, I don't see Sophie feeding on him. She wasn't totally cruel. She did treat Sookie's cousin well.

But it would be an interesting scene if Sophie did seem to be a bit interested in Manfred and said, "Wow, you're the first man I've wanted since James Dean was alive."

I have to go to bed soon, Nina. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay? Goodnight and sleep well!
Old 07-27-2018, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

As we have discussed before 22 episode seasons are kind of dying out and probably rightfully so. Denser storytelling is more conducive to binge-watching. The show's seasons only had 10 episodes each (and the last one had 8). It's been almost a month since S4 was released so I don't know if the spoiler tag is still strictly necessary as per policy but better to be polite and let people catch up who may not have yet.

And yes, as I have mentioned before Josh Kelly, who played Rachel's other fiancé Jeremy on UnREAL, is headed for Midnight, Texas where he'll portray a demon-hunter in the second season.

That's true, she did treat Hadley well. So yeah... still would be a fun fic. I figure she may say that with a follow up how to improve his grooming or something, then clap her hands enthusiastically shouting "Yahtzee!" in delight and it turns out she only said these things to throw him off his game. It'd be like... he thinks he may be able to con her but get conned instead.

Goodnight, Alex!

Old 07-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the pics, Nina! Yes, I know we've discussed this before. But networks still like the 100 episode mark because shows can continue to profit in syndication after 100 episodes, so I don't think that the 20-22 episode format is going away any time soon. It takes longer to reach the 100 episode mark with shorter seasons. But 10 episodes each seems the standard length for cable dramas these days. And yes, perhaps we should wait until more time has passed to post anything.

Yes, I know you said that Josh Kelly was coming to Midnight, Texas. Again, speaking rhetorically. I do that a lot.

Aww, now you're really making me miss Sophie Anne. Evan Rachel Wood killed it in that role. It would be cool to see her and Francois acting opposite each other. She's so different as Dolores Abernathy.

Thanks, Nina. I hope you had a good night's sleep as well.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:08 AM
Absolute Fan

talk about a bad hair day, literally

Old 07-29-2018, 05:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for that hilarious picture, Linda!

My boyfriend's hair looks like that every morning He has thick curly hair like François, only longer, and if he doesn't style it, OMG he has that crazy hair all day!
Old 07-29-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG, thanks for that pic, Linda! That looks like my bed hair when I was a teenager and I just woke up.

Thanks for the gif, Arinna!