Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's so interesting opinion to share, Linda. I've never looked at them in this way. However,now when you're mentioning it, I think they share some resemblance. Now I'm even more curious how Francois would've played Christian.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good point, Linda. I haven't read the books, so I can't say for certain, but Arinna knows this better than I do. Yes, I do see similarities in Cesare and Christian's promiscuity. I'm just curious if Cesare would have a red room or something. But yes, Cesare's violent tendencies can lend themselves to Christian's sadistic persona. Oh, and the guy Cesare burned to death was Prospero Colonna. He covered him in sulfur and set him on fire. That was a sick scene. But Cesare also had a few scenes with Ursula and Caterina that also showed a kinky side that is comparable with Christian.

I know, I cannot think of an actress who would have the kind of chemistry with Francois that Holly did. But that's the task that the creators of Midnight, Texas have before them. I just hope they can pull it off.

Thanks for the video, Arinna!
Old 03-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Francois and Holly were just a different level of chemistry!
Old 03-03-2018, 05:18 AM
Absolute Fan

I do remember very vaguely that Francois did mention Christian once during an old interview for The Borgias, but I don't remember the exact context of it...I don't remember whether he said he had auditioned for the role or not, or if someone mentioned to him that he would suit the role, I'll have to dig up that old interview to be sure. But I am sure that he did mention Christian once, so that implies that he's aware of the Fifty Shades series and maybe even read the novels himself. A friend of mine has read the novels and only seen the first movie and she says the movie was awful and Jamie Dornan was miscast as Christian, she thinks he's too "mellow" and "meek" as Christian, she also agrees that Francois would've suited the character a lot better after she watched him as Cesare in The Borgias

Yeah that scene when Cesare torched Colonna and burned him alive was so brutal and sadistic, I think that was probably the most gruesome scene in the entire series...although the European version 'Borgia' was still a lot more violent and gruesome in comparison, but The Borgias still had its fair share of violence too.

Francois & Holly's amazing chemistry is really a rarity in showbiz, and I am doubtful any other actress would be able to compare to Holly what she had with Francois, it would be very hard to match. So I don't expect Sarah Ramos' replacement to even come close, Ramos basically set the bar to 0, so it would be very easy for her replacement to surpass her in the chemistry department.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's gonna be very difficult, because we're going to compare any other actress with Holly.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Linda!

Damn, I still haven't seen Fifty Shades Freed, so I need to get caught up on that. It's difficult for me to watch movies these days because I have little time and money.

OMG, Francois did mention playing Christian once? I didn't know that. I hope you can find that interview because it would be interesting to see. Oh, do you think he may have read them? I'd love to know how he'd have played it.

Yeah, I've heard similar criticisms of Jamie Dornan, but Arinna seems to like him. He does seem to be a bit tamer than what I've heard about in the books. Perhaps Francois would've brought more of an edge to the character.

I felt kind of sorry for Colonna in that scene because I didn't know if he really deserved that. Plus, I hate seeing anyone get burned alive like that.

I know, it's a shame that we may never see Francois and Holly's chemistry ever again on screen. But let's wait and see who the show casts as a new love interest for Manfred. We won't have long to wait because summer will be here before we know it. I hope they begin filming soon so we don't have to wait until the end of the summer.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Absolute Fan

That's exactly why my friend thinks Francois would've suited Christian a lot better, she has watched him as Cesare, so she's seen him play brutal and sadistic characters before and knows that Francois has the talent to pull off characters like Cesare & Christian. My friend really doesn't like Jamie Dornan as Christian and even thinks that whoever decided to cast him in the role are idiots. Like I mentioned before I personally have never seen the Fifty Shades movies so I personally can't compare Francois with Jamie Dornan nor could I form my own opinions about his performance in the role. All I can say is that Francois would've certainly suited the character, him as Christian would've been really cool to watch

Well Colonna did intend on betraying Cesare and we all know that it's very foolish to betray the notorious Borgia family, especially Cesare, who had become a lot more violent, brutal and destructive in season 3. Anyone who dares to betray or cross the fearsome Cesare would be signing their own death warrant, and Colonna's demise was brought on by his own foolishness...however with that said, I also don't think he deserved to die in such a brutal way, I did felt rather sorry for him. But it just goes to show just how much more brutal and violent Cesare had become in S3.

As for MT, I remember some articles mentioned that season 2 is scheduled to be released sometime in 2019, so there's still quite a long time to wait.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to disagree about Jamie. I think that casting about the FSoG movies was good. Jamie looked just like Christian just got out from the book. Everything from head to tow. As for Francois, yes, he has that sardonic element in his face, so I think he would've played that part of Christian really well. However, I can't see how Francois would play a romantic character at all. I mean, I don't think that he looks so innocent at all.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, that's pretty harsh criticism of Jamie. I don't know the book, so Arinna would be better informed to comment than I would. I've seen the movies and I think he was okay. Not having read the books I can't tell how close he is to the character from the books. But I do think Francois would've killed it in the role.

Yeah, you're right about Colonna betraying Cesare, and he probably should've known better. But Cesare didn't have to burn him alive like that. It does show that Cesare was much more ruthless by season 3, as he was intent on not taking any more chances with his family's safety, especially Lucrezia and her child.

Oh no, we have to wait until 2019 for season 2 of Midnight, Texas? It's not gonna air this summer? That sucks. That's too long of a wait.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's because of the late filming.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Arinna: I disagree, Francois has played romantic characters before and even Cesare had a rather romantic side to him too...Cesare was a very complex multi-layered character, he had many different sides to him, he wasn't just brutal and violent, he also had a tender and loving & romantic side to him too, especially when it came to his behavior towards his beloved Lucrezia I think Francois is quite a versatile actor, he can play many different roles

Alex: Yes unfortunately we still have to wait until next year for season 2...I think it's partially because NBC took so long to renew the show, so that has greatly delayed production for the next season.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I agree that he has it in him, but I'll always see that passion in his eyes.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
Arinna: I disagree, Francois has played romantic characters before and even Cesare had a rather romantic side to him too...Cesare was a very complex multi-layered character, he had many different sides to him, he wasn't just brutal and violent, he also had a tender and loving & romantic side to him too, especially when it came to his behavior towards his beloved Lucrezia I think Francois is quite a versatile actor, he can play many different roles

Alex: Yes unfortunately we still have to wait until next year for season 2...I think it's partially because NBC took so long to renew the show, so that has greatly delayed production for the next season.
Hi, Linda! Sorry for the late reply. We've been dealing with a big snowstorm where I live.

I never saw Francois in anything before The Borgias so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I agree, Cesare did have many sides to him, and he could be especially romantic with Lucrezia.

Awww, man. I was worried about that. I said that NBC was taking way too long to make a decision, but I was hoping they could decide before it was too late to be ready for summer 2018. Summer 2019 is a long wait. I was hoping to do more watches on this thread.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Guys !

Here's a link where you can watch The People Garden movie

Watch The People Garden Online | Watch Full The People Garden (2016) Online For Free

Old 03-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the link, hun!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread