Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Loyal Fan

This makes me sad...on a lot of levels....

Here lies in a little earth he who everyone feared, he who held peace and war in his hand.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Still hoping someone subtitles Yamaska
Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnff (View Post)
Still hoping someone subtitles Yamaska
Me too. Tired of watching it and having no idea what is going on...

Here lies in a little earth he who everyone feared, he who held peace and war in his hand.

Last edited by il valentino; 10-14-2013 at 06:17 AM
Old 10-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Kim I thought you told me that you had some French language training and could tell the difference in accents in French. Why then do you have such a hard time telling what is going on?
I love how they put two images in these gifs.

Source:

Icarus laughed as he fell
Old 10-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I can tell generally, but I know I'm missing out on lots of stuff, which ticks me off. Also, the French is not "textbook French" as in Parisian French, so it's pretty hard for me to pick up.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

We needed one more episode like "The Prince" I think. That was one of the strongest one for Cesare's character.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

The Armor I love and if Showtime sells this to another show I might have to bomb their offices. Selling the papal robes pisses me off but selling the armor would be unforgivable to me.

Source:

i walk in the room dripping in gold

Kim I suggest then latching onto a French speaking friend like I did and have them help you with what is going on.
Thankfully I work with lots of French speaking chefs, who help me.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Someone did a gifset of "I'm sexy and I know it" with AC characters and...

.... I can't even.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't play video games, is it true that some people think the AC version of the Borgias is their real story and that Ezio killed the real Cesare?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes Mohindy, youtube idiots say that on like every The Borgias related video. I actually played AC before I knew anything about The Borgias, I was totally intrigued by how screwed up Cesare and Lucrezia were when I played but I never bothered looking into the history beyond Wikipedia at the time. It wasn't until much later that I actually started reading biographies and whatnot about them. AC's is better than some productions of the Borgias, I will say that at least
Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Kim I suggest then latching onto a French speaking friend like I did and have them help you with what is going on.
Thankfully I work with lots of French speaking chefs, who help me.
Hence my problem. I take refresher courses and do very well, but then I don't have anyone around who speaks it well enough to speak with me, so I lose it again. And I think Francois said that if you don't have anyone to talk to, you are screwed!

Old 10-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia1 (View Post)
Yes Mohindy, youtube idiots say that on like every The Borgias related video. I actually played AC before I knew anything about The Borgias, I was totally intrigued by how screwed up Cesare and Lucrezia were when I played but I never bothered looking into the history beyond Wikipedia at the time. It wasn't until much later that I actually started reading biographies and whatnot about them. AC's is better than some productions of the Borgias, I will say that at least
I just bought the PC version on sale at Target to check out the Cesare storyline, but I am absolutely terrible at video games. It took me almost five minutes to figure out how to leave the room.

So I have not yet gotten to anything involving Cesare, but at least I did eventually manage to not only leave the room but climb a wall and kill some people. Progress!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Youtube has most of AC clips of them if didn't want to waste the money. You did buy AC: Brotherhood right? The other games don't have Cesare and Lucrezia. The story doesn't really revolve around them tbh, it's mostly Ezio killing people with a few brief scenes of C/L and them being evil villains. It also has Caterina Sforza and she's sort of the heroine next to Ezio, I found it hilarious once I found out how horrible she was in real life. They really annoyed me with how great Caterina Sforza apparently was in AC, now lots of people think the Borgias are awful and she's great, ugh. Not exactly that simplistic in real life.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Kim I know the DC area has LOTS of French speaking people who could help with translating the show.(not necessarily conversing with you but translation)
Or try the public library, I am have used mine in helping me translate some German movies (while I have an inkling of French I have zero German knowledge and I watch tons of non-subtitled European films). My public library has a group of volunteers that help with a multitude of things like this.

Now back to Francois and Cesare not video games
I'm so glad that Francois and Ana are teamed up again in Thursday

Source:
"I love you, most ardently."
Old 10-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Sorry about going off topic. Anyway love that gif, Cesare is great whoever he's with in The Borgias, remember Francois has chemistry with everyone and everything
Closed Thread   Post New Thread