Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

François | Cesare #11: "I know he was a dark soul and cruel at times, but I f—— loved him." - Francois on Cesare

Welcome to the 11th François | Cesare appreciation thread
François | Cesare #11: "I know Cesare was not perfect. I know he was a dark soul and cruel at times, but I f—— loved him." Francois on Cesare

Supporters

ღEmrys
MademoisellePaulina
xKarlaCruz
~Phoenix~
- Nina -
Penrose
bbertocchi
Vanora
Enigma
red velvet
DUHsoTK
claire_bear2007
foreverafter12
memory91
Clockwork Angel
s e r e n i t y
P&B4ever
timtyra
Roxy87
Nikki K
Sweet Charity
guilty ones
deathly_smirk
xinya
Butterflygirl
Elenwyn
bijou156
BL.Arinna_1982
Fredz
prettyinpink90
rochey
il valentino
cheekymonkey503
NYPoster
britnik
Katja82
Borgia1
Lucresiare
RXQueen
Lambinclouds
darkphoenix_
AlwaysCB
MadDoll
Fay the Greek

Credit: god and borgia

Credit: god and borgia

Cesare Borgia

Cesare Borgia was born in Rome on September 13th, 1475; the son of Cardinal Rodrigo de Lanzol y Borgia, soon to become Pope Alexander VI, and his mistress Vanozza dei Cattanei. He was made Bishop of Pamplona at the age of 15. Following school in Perugia and Pisa where Cesare studied law, along with his father's elevation to Pope, Cesare was made Cardinal three years later. After his brother Juan's death, Cesare became the first person in history to resign the cardinalate. On the same day the French King Louis XII named Cesare Duke of Valentinois, and this title, along with his former position as Cardinal of Valencia, explains the nickname "Valentino". Cesare's military career was founded upon his father's ability to distribute patronage, along with his alliance with France (reinforced by his marriage with Charlotte d'Albret, sister of John III of Navarre), in the course of the Italian Wars. At the time of his father's death in 1503, Cesare's dominons in the Romagna disintegrated without continued Papal support. In order to smooth the way to his election as pope, Giuliano Della Rovere - later Pope Julius II - made an agreement with Cesare, promising to make him captain of the papal troops again. After the conclave, Cesare surrendered the Castel Sant' Angelo and came to live with Della Rovere in the Vatican. The pope toyed with the idea of using Cesare to stem the Venetians in the Romagna, for he could still attract loyalty not only from the Spanish but also, to some degree, from the people of the province. However, the Venetians claimed that all they were doing was taking the lands of their common enemy, Cesare Boriga. Hence, Julius II asked Cesare for the countersigns of the fortresses that he held (Cesena, Bertinoro and Forlì). In return Cesare received a brief saying that he could go where he liked once the cities had been surrendered. He went to Naples and begun to try to recruit troops but when the Spanish monarchs heard of this they ordered their viceroy Gonsalvo to arrest Cesare. Exiled to Spain in 1504, he was imprisoned in the Castle of La Mota, Medina del Campo, from which he escaped and joined his brother-in-law King John III of Navarre. Subsequently, Cesare was killed in 1507 while fighting for the Navarrese king in the city of Viana, Spain.

In "The Prince", Machiavelli uses Cesare Borgia as an example to elucidate the dangers of acquiring a principality by virtue of another. Cesare also inspired many novels and was portrayed in many movies and television series based on the Borgia's rise and fall. For instance most recently:

The Borgias (TV, 2011) played by François Arnaud
Borgia (TV, 2011) played by Mark Ryder
Los Borgia (Movie, 2006) played by Sergio Peris-Mencheta
The Borgias (TV, 1981) played by Oliver Cotton

François Arnaud

François Arnaud (born 5 July 1985 in Québéc, Canada) is a French Canadian stage and film actor who trained at the Conservatoire d'Art Dramatique de Montréal in 2007. He is best known for his performances as "Cesare Borgia" in Showtime's TV series The Borgias and as "Antonin" in the critically acclaimed French Canadian movie J'ai tué ma mère. In 2009, he had a part in Sophie Lorain's Les Grandes Chaleurs. In Québéc, François is known for his role as "Théo" in the TV series Yamaska.

Credit: Punk'n Elf

Credit: Thecrimefamily - Page 1 sur 3

Past Threads

{1} | {2} | {3} | {4} | {5} | {6} | {7} | {8} | {9} | {10}

Credit: Wormstache world

Old 09-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Alex yeah a new Francois thread

We posted at exactly the same time in the old one Alex
Old 09-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I saw that. And you're welcome. You might want to re-post that pic of Francois and Ana. It would be a shame for you to post it just as that thread was being closed and have it buried.

I could only fit the last part of the title. I had to remove that first part.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Well most of us have already seen that pic Alex. I just did it for your benefit.

I kind of knew that the whole thing wouldn't fit so it is quite fine.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, well then that's cool. Thanks again for the title, Christine.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

But I will post again the new knowledge of the plot of Thursday.

Quote:
Here's a shot of the famous Romanian actress Ana Ularut, about to hit the floor: swollen lips and short and tight dress, a prelude to what will likely be a violent scene. Juszt by Balazs does not care about the excitement factor of his film. Even through the male protagonist - who has worked in The Borgias, Francois Arnaud - Looks at the Roman underworld. It will be a priest working in the Vatican secret services on behalf of a friend called Thursday for integrated gender anarchist terrorist organization, which over time turns out to be called to the head of the gang, recruited as a spy in the end, linked to Satan .

"That way it might sound like some kind of Angel Heart (1987 film)," says the director. "Here, this comparison is not too far from reality. Yeah, Angel Heart is a middle ground between the various movies inspired me and I looked before turning, for example, Fight Club, The Devil's Advocate and The Ninth Gate. "

"We are interested in telling this story, whose protagonists are seven individuals, each of them called by the name of a day of the week. There is also a novel way, but it is of course different from my film. There is talk of a detective Scotland Yard and is set in 1906, in London, with nobles, elephants and balloons. Bizarro and absurd, but I wanted to tell the story in a different way, "says Balazs Juszt, who worked on the script for three years, writing twenty versions different. "

"At first we wanted to shoot in Romania, but there is a film industry quite important, as it is here, we would have to procure the transfer of many artists Hungarians, and it would cost a lot. Filming in Hungary, with local support, has allowed us to stay on budget of two million dollars, and they can also arrive in Rome. mica And of course I did not ask a favor to friends, all those who worked on the set were well paid. "

The crew includes many famous names that have worked well in Hollywood. For example Iván Pohárnok who gave their contribution, in terms of makeup and special effects, in The Rite, The Pillars of the Earth, Cloud Atlas, World Without End, and in many other films and hit series. O Judit Varga, who oversaw the decoration of the set of The Borgias in three episodes and here he discovered wood paneled rooms with fireplace. A former mental hospital that makes an excellent frozen time: in its courtyards and cellars nothing happened after closing in 2007, quietly crumbling.

"I'm sorry that the building is so rotten, but at the same time I love it. Well, it can be transformed into any location. As for the church, however, the location is great, ideal for exterior scenes. Was enough to blow off some graffiti, land of the few road signs in English ...
Old 09-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT Alex

Ok sup there's an interview here with Francois

Francois Arnaud Budapesten járt - Reflektor - RTL Klub

But the page doesn't open for me so..
Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

It takes a minute and that is what I was going to post so thanks. This is a fussy vid give it a minute.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

I think is cause I'm at work and the internet here is slower.. so the page didn't even load for me and I left it like that for 3 minutes
Old 09-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Sorry Christine...I was out all day.

It is a really fussy vid!

Here lies in a little earth he who everyone feared, he who held peace and war in his hand.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Truly it is, but at least I learned that indeed he is called Smith. And waiting to see if Dharma wants me will translate the Hungarian parts for http://****yeahfrancoisarnaud.tumblr.com/.

So we know more about what he is being asked even if he responds for the most part in English.

It did play better for me the second time I played it. Just FYI
She did translate it for us

Quote:
Francois Arnaud gave an exclusive interview to “Reflektor”. It’s always a pleasure to do interviews with world famous people but the Canadian star had me at the first moment. Why? You’ll see in a moment.

FA: Hi I’m François and all I want to say is “Puszi, puszi” (laughs) (puszi means kiss in Hungarian)
Francois Arnaud is best known for Hungarians from “The Borgias” where he played the son of Pope Rodrigo played by Jeremy Irons. All three seasons of the TV show was filmed in Hungary so for Francois it was like coming home to Budapest when one month ago he arrived to film the American-Hungarian movie “Thursday”. The actor, whose mother is Canadian and his father is French, was born in Montreal. He is living in Los Angles now, but he travels a lot around the world.
R: Which language do you use more often? FA: English. And French with my family. R: How often do you talk to them? FA: As often as I can. I try to call my mom regularly because I miss her very much, but I’m going to see my dad next week in France.
Francois doesn’t like to talk about his personal life. He has been dating the Canadian actress Evelyne Brochu for years. Recently they were seen in a Vancouver jewellery picking wedding rings. The actor didn’t comment on the news, he only said he had someone to miss when he is in another country for months.

R: Now that you’ve recently been to Argentina, Belgium and now you are here in Hungary, when do you have the time to be with your girlfriend, your family? FA: It is a bit hard, but I can’t complain. (There were times when) they came here where I am to see me. I try to go home as often as possible. It comes with the actors’ job but I feel lucky that I can work this much. R: I know you are only 28 but have you ever thought of what’s gonna happen in five-ten years? You settle down? Still travelling around, shooting everywhere? FA: I don’t know, I try to enjoy what I have now. At the moment I don’t have family, but in time maybe this will change.

“Thursday”, which is directed by Balázs Juszt, is mostly filmed in the more than 150 year old closed down building of the mental hospital of Lipótmező which provided the basic atmosphere for the movie. Since it is a mystical thriller it only helped Francois to get into the story.

FA: The movie takes place in America and in Rome. I liked the story very much, but when I first read it I said “Oh, no a priest again?”. It took me three years to get out of the role of a priest, and now I’m gonna play a priest again. But it’s a very different story, it’s a modern day story which follows an American priest called Father Smith. R: Is that you? FA: Yes, that’s me. From his parish he has to go to the Roman underworld in disguise because he had so many sins.
Besides Francois, Riddick actor Jordi Moila is also in ‘Thursday’, but we can see István Verebes and Ferenc Hujber in smaller roles. Besides English and French Francois speaks Spanish perfectly, he even showed us that he learned some essential words in Hungarian too.

R: You’ve been here several times so you must know a few words. When we arrived you greeted me with “szia!” FA: “Szia”, well that’s very simple. You know I’m very polite in Hungarian. “Köszönöm szépen”= thank you very much. Szívesen = you’re welcome. R: Dirty words? FA: “Bazd meg!” = **** you. “Kuss!” = shut up. And I can count now! Egy, kettő, három, négy, öt, hat, hét, nyolc, kilenc, tíz, tizenegy, tizenkettő, tizenhárom… R: What else? FA: Just every day stuff like “étterem”= restaurant, “bor”= wine, “puszi, puszi”= kiss, kiss.

Maybe I’m not exaggerating when I say that Francois was one of the kindest guests of “Reflektor” but maybe he swept me off my feet with his particular accent. However we have to wait for his new movie till the spring of 2014.

Wishing we could hear the original version without voice-over

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 09-17-2013 at 12:16 PM
Old 09-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Yeap, just read it on Tumblr thanks for bringing it over
Old 09-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wasn`t the bit about the wedding rings on the website with the fake news? The same one that said that he was nursing his Labrador back to health after a surgery for a torn ACL?
Old 09-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

I don't know, but true or not, I don't think he'd say, he doesn't like to share much about his private life
Old 09-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

It was, but you notice that he very slyly doesn't really answer that question?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread