Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Discussion Topic: Dear Neil Jordan, I would like to see [insert name here] guest star on your show!

Alright... just to create something to talk about... who would you like to see guest-starring on "The Borgias", why and if you have an idea - historically or fictionally - who would said person play?

I need to consider my wishes a bit more carefully because I am pretty damn certain Karen Gillan will not happen. Shame. If we have to have that at all, she could have been a great Fiammetta (after all, didn't she get her name from her red hair?)

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

^^ I've never heard of her before. I rarely watch tv and movies so there are many actors and actresses out there that I don't know

icon
Nonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:16 AM
Elite Fan

Karen Gillan is my absolute celeb crush (yes, sorry François - she's even hotter than you). And funny thing, I usually don't do celeb crushes. She's currently on Doctor Who.

Yeah well... I just thought this is a topic that brings easy posts. Throwing a few names in the ring...

So if I thought somebody listened to me, I'd definitely suggest that they cast Nina Hoss who is one of my favourite contemporary German actresses. I have seen her in movies and on stage in plays and she is just fabulous. She also read a lot of audio books... see voice is very important for me (hence my affinity for Karen and François).

One of the first thing I've seen her in was a movie called "Girl Called Rosemarie" which was after the real story of Rosemarie Nitribitt who was a high class call girl in the 1950s. She was eventually murdered because she had too much leverage on high political figures.

Apparently last year she starred in a feminist vampire movie called "We Are The Night". I didn't see that one yet... somehow it sounds trashy and not worthy of her acting skills but reviewers on amazon.com seemed to enjoy it because it bore a lot of resemblence to "True Blood" I hate gore and bloodshed but one of the reviewers said there is hardly any of that, so... perhaps when I'm really bored over Christmas.

In any case, Nina is awesome! Also I'm thinking one of the very few people who could make me like a character I would otherwise hate. For instance when thinking of the Borgias: I just read Julia Cartwright's biography of "Isabella D'Este" and gosh, I really didn't like the woman before and absolutely not after. Casting an actress who is talented and I actually really like would definitely help with that.

I also think it's not out of the question - since 'The Borgias' is produced by Canadians and especially in past years there have been quite a few German actresses in leading roles in Canadian shows/movies. Just remember Nora Tschriner as Vanozza in that movie they made about a young Rodrigo...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 12-26-2011 at 09:11 PM
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Karen Gillan is my absolute celeb crush (yes, sorry François - she's even hotter than you). And funny thing, I usually don't do celeb crushes. She's currently on Doctor Who.
Ah, I don't watch Doctor Who Most of the shows I watched are VERY contemporary so there's no actors/actresses that I know will be a great addition to the Borgias Well, accept for Natalie Dormer but she's tied to Got now

icon
Old 11-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

What's not contemporary about Doctor Who or Karen Gillan for that matter? I cannot wait for the Christmas Special.

Natalie Dormer... she is on Game of Thornes? I didn't know that. So if she were on The Borgias who do you think she should play?

Frankly, I was never really sure about her, but it might have been that I hated The Tudors in the first place. The only time I had fun was that one scene where Sarah Bolger and Tamzin Merchant got into a bitch fight over some pastry.

Didn't know Natalie went blonde now!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Natalie Dormer... she is on Game of Thornes? I didn't know that.
I don't remember the name of her character she'll be playing but I do know her character will marry the King

icon
Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Margaery Tyrell according to imdb. Let's hope she keeps her head this time around.
So yeah, on The Borgias who would you like her see playing?

Old 11-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Margaery Tyrell according to imdb. Let's hope she keeps her head this time around.
So yeah, on The Borgias who would you like her see playing?

Her head is still intact at the end of the fourth book. Who knows what happen to her in book 5

Well, I don't mind her playing Cesare's wife. I like her as an actress so her presence with Cesare should not annoy me

icon
Old 11-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

It's maybe also the fact that he only saw her for about two weeks in his whole life.
I read that Charlotte d'Albret was indeed the sixth woman who was asked to marry Cesare - five before that said 'no way in hell'. But then her brother was made Cardinal, perhaps that was a good incentive.

I still think that Kaya Scodelario should play Della Rovere's daughter.

Last edited by Nikki K; 11-24-2011 at 09:17 AM
Old 11-25-2011, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

^^ I'm pretty sure I've seen her before. But I don't remember on what show/movie

icon
Old 11-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

She recently played Cathy in an adaption of 'Wuthering Heights'. She was also on 'Skins'. I think she'd be perfect for the role - how I imagine it after having read Felice Della Rovere's biography. That whole love hate relationship with her father while trying to be independent without turning into Catarina Sforza. She was Lucrezia's age btw.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

I must have confused her with someone else then because I don't watch Skin or WH.

I didn't know that DR has a daughter!

icon
Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

He did indeed.
No idea where else you could have seen Kaya then. Hm. In any case, she'd be perfect for that role.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Was his daughter born before he was a cardinal?

icon
Old 11-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Nope. He was a cardinal alright. She was born... I think almost two years after Lucrezia.

Reply   Post New Thread