Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Hi Renee Nice to meet you! I’m Lila and I’m french, living in the south of France. There are several europeans here, but you’re the only one from Sweden, I believe.

Thanks for the poll links I voted for David. I like him a lot as an actor, but I’m really here for François He’s my favorite actor and I’m probably a little in love with him I voted for him for most handsome canadian actor and he’s running third in the poll, so if we keep voting, he might win it!

Hi, Lila! David is my first favorite actor It's nice to have one. I guess I'm inspired by my cousin who is a die hard "Outlander"-fan. I voted for Francois yesterday! I'll put him on my list Let's spread the word:

Vote Francois Arnaud for:
The Most Handsome Canadian Actors 2018 | Bestofthelist

Vote David Oakes for:
The Most Handsome British Actors 2018 | Bestofthelist
Old 12-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone (View Post)
Hi, Lila! David is my first favorite actor It's nice to have one. I guess I'm inspired by my cousin who is a die hard "Outlander"-fan. I voted for Francois yesterday! I'll put him on my list Let's spread the word:

Vote Francois Arnaud for:

Vote David Oakes for:
Thanks for voting for François & for posting the link to vote for him!

I love Outlander, but The Borgias is my favorite series. Sam Heughan is receiving more votes than David, which surprised me and I would’ve thought Aidan Turner from Poldark would’ve been higher up. He’s gorgeous
Old 12-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Let's do it!
Old 12-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks for voting for François & for posting the link to vote for him!

I love Outlander, but The Borgias is my favorite series. Sam Heughan is receiving more votes than David, which surprised me and I would’ve thought Aidan Turner from Poldark would’ve been higher up. He’s gorgeous
Sam Heughan's & the Outlander-fans are very well organised and have special forums just for voting in different competitions And Season 4 is just out. The buzz is huge on Twitter and other socialmedia. This competition is probably not very well known, but it's the first I've found. Let show the boys our support
And of course for Holliday Grainger:
The Most Beautiful British Actresses 2018 | Bestofthelist
Old 12-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Sorry for doubleposting They were posted on different days so I didn't think about that.

Hungary hasn't forgotten "The Borgias". Hungarian press wrote about David and his work with the British Lungfoundation yesterday. For the last three years he has designed Christmas Cards for them. "The Partridge in a Pear Scarf" is still available, the others have sold out. (Luckily, I managed to get hold of all three earlier this year. Yey!)

https://hvg.hu/kultura/20181203_Egy_...kar_haromfelet
Awww, it's okay, Renee. We all do it when we first come to FF, including me. So like I said, it's no problem. You'll get the hang of posting.

Thanks for posting that. Hungary is where they filmed the show, right?

Oh, and thanks for posting those links again. I voted again!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hope our voting helps.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Sam Heughan's & the Outlander-fans are very well organised and have special forums just for voting in different competitions And Season 4 is just out. The buzz is huge on Twitter and other socialmedia. This competition is probably not very well known, but it's the first I've found. Let show the boys our support
And of course for Holliday Grainger:
Yes, let’s not forget to vote for our girl, Holliday! She’ll always be my Lucrezia :love
Old 12-06-2018, 02:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Jemima!

I'm glad you and your mom loved Bohemian Rhapsody! Oh, I'm sorry you don't like the lyrics to Another One Bites The Dust. But you're right, the melody is great.
Hi, Alex!

Thanks!

As for lyrics... well, yeah, I don't like them.

Quote:
I like Don't Stop Me Now too. Ohhh, I remember I Want To Break Free and I'm Going Slightly Mad. And I loved Keep Yourself Alive as well. Killer Queen was great! Did you like Tie Your Mother Down? That's another one I like, along with Stone Cold Crazy. OMG, I remember the Radio Ga Ga video. That was a great song. Oh, and Fat Bottomed Girls is another one of theirs I like. I don't think I ever heard Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy or Love of My Life. I did like You're My Best Friend. Oh, and Hammer To Fall is another one I love.
Then you should listen "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" and "Love of My Life"!
The first one is sooo funny and horny , and the second one is SOOOO beautiful!
By the way, Freddie wrote this song ("Love of My Life") for Mary Austin, his first true love!

I don't know "Tie Your Mother Down", "Stone Cold Crazy" and "You're My Best Friend". But I will check them out.

As for "Fat Bottomed Girls".... well, I love the rhythm, but the lyrics... yeah, the same thing like with "Another One Bites The Dust".

I LOVE "Hammer To Fall", what a great rhythm! And lyrics too.
It's about nuclear war, or something? These lyrics sounds like it. o_O xD

Quote:
Did you ever hear the songs from the Flash Gordon and Highlander soundtracks? The Highlander songs are from the A Kind of Magic album. That's the album that has Who Wants To Live Forever? That's a pretty depressing song. Oh, and Princes of the Universe is one of my favorites. Yeah, I remember The Show Must Go On. That always depresses me because Freddie knew he was dying when he wrote and recorded that song.
I don't think I know all songs from "Flash Gordon" and "Highlander" soundtracks, but I know "Who Wants To Live Forever" and indeed this song is very sad and depressing, but also beautiful. Little "Bohemian Rhapsody" spoiler, this song was played during a scene where Freddie finds out that he has AIDS.

As for "Princes of the Universe"; I know this song too and I kind of like it.
Funny thing, I first heard this song in a fanvideo about Loki and Thor.

Quote:
David was in the original cast of ”Shakespeare in Love” live on stage, but that was in 2014. Unfortunately, he is not in the current Royal Shakespeare Company´s production of the show. Last year (October-December 2017) David was in the West End-production of ”Venus in Fur”. The female lead was played by the beautiful and talented Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones). I would’ve loved to see it!

And yes, he will be in season 3 of ”Victoria”! https://www.instagram.com/p/BmdagEYgpRg/

According to Twitter he just finished filming something in Germany & Italy. Can’t wait to find out what 😊
Quote:
I'm Renée. I live in Sweden, so I'm off to bed now :-)

I'm really, REALLY, looking forward to season 3!
Hi, Renée!
My name is Monika, but I prefer to be called Jemima.
I'm from Poland.

Thanks for all these infos.

It's great to hear that David's gonna be in third season of "Victoria".
I also can't wait to see this season!

Quote:
David is my first favorite actor It's nice to have one.
So David is your first "celebrity crush", or something like this?
Whenever I'm crazy about some actor or musician, I call it "celebrity crush" or "craze" (in Polish "bzik").
And on my list I already have 42 actors that I adore! David is my 42.
And right now I added 43 "celebrity crush" to my list, and his name is Rami Malek.

Yup, I have a list of actors, musicians, characters from movies/tv shows/musicals, that I totally adore!

In total I was crazy about 42 actors, 38 characters from movies, 17 characters from tv shows, 4 characters from musicals and 11 musicians.

And yes, it's really nice to have an actor that you adore.

Last edited by Jemima1205; 12-06-2018 at 04:04 AM
Old 12-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope he gets even more good roles in the future.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, let’s not forget to vote for our girl, Holliday! She’ll always be my Lucrezia :love
I voted for Holly, Lila!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Hi, Alex!

Thanks!

As for lyrics... well, yeah, I don't like them.

Hi, Jemima! You're welcome! And yeah, I know you don't like the lyrics. The beat and melody are catchy, though. And thank you for letting us know your real name. But if you prefer, I'll keep calling you Jemima instead of Monika.

Quote:
Then you should listen "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" and "Love of My Life"!
The first one is sooo funny and horny , and the second one is SOOOO beautiful!
By the way, Freddie wrote this song ("Love of My Life") for Mary Austin, his first true love!

I don't know "Tie Your Mother Down", "Stone Cold Crazy" and "You're My Best Friend". But I will check them out.

As for "Fat Bottomed Girls".... well, I love the rhythm, but the lyrics... yeah, the same thing like with "Another One Bites The Dust".
I have both of Queen's Greatest Hits albums, but I always skipped over Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy for some reason. I'll check it out. And I don't think that Love of My Life was on either album, but I guess I can find it on YouTube. And yes, I know that he wrote that about Mary Austin. He also wrote 'You're My Best Friend' about her as well, so you should check that one out. And yes, you should also try Tie Your Mother Down and Stone Cold Crazy. Metallica did a cover of Stone Cold Crazy, and Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters performed Tie Your Mother Down with Queen when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Yeah, I figured you might not like the lyrics of 'Fat Bottomed Girls.' But I love the guitar rhythm and melody.

Quote:
I LOVE "Hammer To Fall", what a great rhythm! And lyrics too.
It's about nuclear war, or something? These lyrics sounds like it. o_O xD

I don't think I know all songs from "Flash Gordon" and "Highlander" soundtracks, but I know "Who Wants To Live Forever" and indeed this song is very sad and depressing, but also beautiful. Little "Bohemian Rhapsody" spoiler, this song was played during a scene where Freddie finds out that he has AIDS.

As for "Princes of the Universe"; I know this song too and I kind of like it.
Funny thing, I first heard this song in a fanvideo about Loki and Thor.
I loved Hammer To Fall. I first heard it when it was included in the Highlander movie, but it was actually from an earlier album and not the Highlander album. Yeah, it does have a few nuclear war references like "in the shadow of the mushroom cloud," but Brian May said the song is actually about life and death, and being aware that death is a part of life. The nuclear war references were probably just incidental. The song also has the lyrics "every night, and every day, a little piece of me is fallin' away," and "build your muscles as your body decays," so I guess the whole song is about life and death in general.

Oh, the Flash Gordon and Highlander soundtracks are epic! It's like a Wagnerian opera or something. The songs 'Flash' and 'The Hero' were both featured in the Flash Gordon movie. Who Wants To Live Forever was probably the saddest song on the Highlander soundtrack, when Connor MacLeod has to watch his wife grow old and die while he remains young and immortal. And yeah, I did figure that Bohemian Rhapsody would use that song when Freddie found out he had AIDS, although in real life Freddie wasn't actually diagnosed until 1987, years after his Live Aid performance. Princes of the Universe is probably the most heroic song on the Highlander soundtrack, and I've heard it used in a lot of YouTube videos, so it didn't surprise me that they used it for Thor and Loki.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Any recent photoshoot?
Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Hi, Renée!
My name is Monika, but I prefer to be called Jemima.
I'm from Poland.

So David is your first "celebrity crush", or something like this?
Whenever I'm crazy about some actor or musician, I call it "celebrity crush" or "craze" (in Polish "bzik").
And on my list I already have 42 actors that I adore! David is my 42.
And right now I added 43 "celebrity crush" to my list, and his name is Rami Malek.

Yup, I have a list of actors, musicians, characters from movies/tv shows/musicals, that I totally adore!

In total I was crazy about 42 actors, 38 characters from movies, 17 characters from tv shows, 4 characters from musicals and 11 musicians.

And yes, it's really nice to have an actor that you adore.
Hello, Jemima! Nice to meet you.

Yes, David is my first (and only) "celebrity crush"!

God, that's an impressive number of favorites! How can you keep track?

Arinna! There's a nice new photo taken in Rome recently on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/David_Oakes/stat...59206299541504
Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload photos in posts.

Dont' forget to vote!

David Oakes - Most Handsome British Actor 2018:

Francois Arnaud - Most Handsome Canadian Actor 2018

Holliday Grainger - Most Beautiful British Actress 2018
Old 12-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Renee!

Thanks for posting those links because I voted again!

And here, I'll post the pic for you. Is this the one?

Old 12-07-2018, 04:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hi, Renee!

Thanks for posting those links because I voted again!

And here, I'll post the pic for you. Is this the one?
That's the one! Thank you, Alex!
Old 12-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Renee!

And if you want to post a picture, just copy and paste it here using IMG tags around the link code. They look like this: [IMG][/IMG]