Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Jemima! You're welcome!

And yes, I did mention David's movie, Garden of Evening Mists a while ago. But the only thing I found on him lately was his stage work.

Awww. Well, I hope your bigger cold goes away soon.

Yeah, it was actually Lila who had school. Sorry, I mixed you two up. But I mod three boards, so that happens to me a lot.

You went to see Bohemian Rhapsody? Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I haven't been able to go to the movies in a while, but I want to see that one. Oh, I've loved Queen and Freddie Mercury since I was a kid. I loved songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love since I was a kid. I also loved the Queen soundtracks for the movies Flash Gordon and Highlander. And I agree, Rami Malek looks great as Freddie.

Oh, I didn't think you'd forgotten about David. I know he's always gonna be your crush. I know you love his seductive stare. And once again, I'm glad you like the title. Thanks.

They didn't mention David's character at all for the next season of Victoria? Is his character still alive? Isn't he supposed to be part of the story in the history?
Old 11-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Jemima! You're welcome!
Hi, Alex!

Quote:
And yes, I did mention David's movie, Garden of Evening Mists a while ago. But the only thing I found on him lately was his stage work.
Oh, I see.

Quote:
Awww. Well, I hope your bigger cold goes away soon.
I think it's finally ended, I hope. xD

Quote:
Yeah, it was actually Lila who had school. Sorry, I mixed you two up. But I mod three boards, so that happens to me a lot.
Oh, I see. It's ok.

Quote:
You went to see Bohemian Rhapsody? Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I haven't been able to go to the movies in a while, but I want to see that one. Oh, I've loved Queen and Freddie Mercury since I was a kid. I loved songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love since I was a kid. I also loved the Queen soundtracks for the movies Flash Gordon and Highlander. And I agree, Rami Malek looks great as Freddie.
Yes, I went to see "Bohemian Rhapsody" and I will see it for the third time in next week. Yup, I'm crazy.
I've seen it for the first time with my mom, then one week later I've seen it with my friend, and now I'm gonna see it again with my mom.
She decided that she want to see it again.

These are my favorite songs too! Except for "Another One Bites The Dust".
I mean, the rhythm is GREAT, but the lyrics... I don't like them.
I also love songs like:
"Don't Stop Me Now" (Videoclip is sooo funny! Freddie almost bit the microphone. ), "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" (This song is kind of horny. ),
"I Want To Break Free" (I sooo love this song! And videoclip is soooo funny. ), "I Was Born to Love You", "I'm Going Slightly Mad", "Keep Yourself Alive",
"Killer Queen" (I love this song sooooo much! Especially videoclips where Freddie had long hair and had this tight, black outfit! ),
"Las Palabras de Amor" (Such a beautiful song. ), "Love Of My Life" (I'm almost crying when I'm listening to it, it's sooo beautiful!), "Radio Ga Ga" and
"The Show Must Go On" (This song is kind of sad, because it's one of Freddie's last songs. )

As for Rami Malek; OMG, he was GORGEOUS as Freddie! He was so delicious.

Quote:
Oh, I didn't think you'd forgotten about David. I know he's always gonna be your crush. I know you love his seductive stare.
Oh yes, he always gonna be my crush.

Quote:
They didn't mention David's character at all for the next season of Victoria? Is his character still alive? Isn't he supposed to be part of the story in the history?
Well, second season ended with Ernest being alive, but sick (syphilis, or whatever it is o_O), so I thought that David's gonna be in third season.
But when I was reading some news about it; the only main names I saw were: Jenna Coleman (Queen Victoria) and Tom Hughes (Prince Albert).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
I'm glad you're back, hun!
Thanks, Arinna!

Last edited by Jemima1205; 11-27-2018 at 04:26 PM
Old 11-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Jemima!

I hope everything is going well at school! I'm glad your cold is gone.

I'm glad you and your mom loved Bohemian Rhapsody! Oh, I'm sorry you don't like the lyrics to Another One Bites The Dust. But you're right, the melody is great.

I like Don't Stop Me Now too. Ohhh, I remember I Want To Break Free and I'm Going Slightly Mad. And I loved Keep Yourself Alive as well. Killer Queen was great! Did you like Tie Your Mother Down? That's another one I like, along with Stone Cold Crazy. OMG, I remember the Radio Ga Ga video. That was a great song. Oh, and Fat Bottomed Girls is another one of theirs I like. I don't think I ever heard Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy or Love of My Life. I did like You're My Best Friend. Oh, and Hammer To Fall is another one I love.

Did you ever hear the songs from the Flash Gordon and Highlander soundtracks? The Highlander songs are from the A Kind of Magic album. That's the album that has Who Wants To Live Forever? That's a pretty depressing song. Oh, and Princes of the Universe is one of my favorites. Yeah, I remember The Show Must Go On. That always depresses me because Freddie knew he was dying when he wrote and recorded that song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Well, second season ended with Ernest being alive, but sick (syphilis, or whatever it is o_O), so I thought that David's gonna be in third season.
But when I was reading some news about it; the only main names I saw were: Jenna Coleman and Tom Hughes.
OMG, I hope he comes back if his character is still alive. Maybe you should wait a little while and see?
Old 11-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, maybe.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

David was in the original cast of ”Shakespeare in Love” live on stage, but that was in 2014. Unfortunately, he is not in the current Royal Shakespeare Company´s production of the show. Last year (October-December 2017) David was in the West End-production of ”Venus in Fur”. The female lead was played by the beautiful and talented Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones). I would’ve loved to see it!

And yes, he will be in season 3 of ”Victoria”! https://www.instagram.com/p/BmdagEYgpRg/

According to Twitter he just finished filming something in Germany & Italy. Can’t wait to find out what 😊
Old 11-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the board, Chimone! I'm Alex, and it's nice to meet you!

Thank you for the info on David! It's great that he'll be back in Victoria season 3!
Old 11-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you, Alex! Nice to meet you too! I'm Renée. I live in Sweden, so I'm off to bed now :-)

I'm really, REALLY, looking forward to season 3!
Old 11-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone (View Post)
Thank you, Alex! Nice to meet you too! I'm Renée. I live in Sweden, so I'm off to bed now :-)

I'm really, REALLY, looking forward to season 3!
You're welcome, Renée! And it's great to meet someone from Sweden!

Goodnight and sleep well! I hope season 3 is good.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

David getting nostalgic #TheBorgias-flashbacks in Rome tonight:
https://twitter.com/David_Oakes/stat...49085860306946

Psst! Don't forget to vote
The Most Handsome British Actors 2018 | Bestofthelist
Old 12-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

David still tweeting from Rome:
"Finally visited the actual Borgia Apartments in the Vatican. "
https://twitter.com/David_Oakes/stat...35022317797376
Old 12-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the links!
Old 12-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for those Twitter links, Renee! It's great that David is nostalgic for his old show. I'm glad he was able to visit the actual locations. It's cool that they got so much right.

And I voted for David again!

Oh, and you don't have to double post, Renee. If you need to add something, just click the edit message function to add another link to your post. We're actually not supposed to double post, so since you're new to FF I wanted to keep you informed of that. Don't worry, it's no big deal.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry for doubleposting They were posted on different days so I didn't think about that.

Hungary hasn't forgotten "The Borgias". Hungarian press wrote about David and his work with the British Lungfoundation yesterday. For the last three years he has designed Christmas Cards for them. "The Partridge in a Pear Scarf" is still available, the others have sold out. (Luckily, I managed to get hold of all three earlier this year. Yey!)

https://hvg.hu/kultura/20181203_Egy_...kar_haromfelet
Old 12-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone (View Post)
David getting nostalgic #TheBorgias-flashbacks in Rome tonight:
https://twitter.com/David_Oakes/stat...49085860306946

Psst! Don't forget to vote
The Most Handsome British Actors 2018 | Bestofthelist
Hi Renee Nice to meet you! I’m Lila and I’m french, living in the south of France. There are several europeans here, but you’re the only one from Sweden, I believe.

Thanks for the poll links I voted for David. I like him a lot as an actor, but I’m really here for François He’s my favorite actor and I’m probably a little in love with him I voted for him for most handsome canadian actor and he’s running third in the poll, so if we keep voting, he might win it!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread