Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Jemima!

Yeah, he does have that mischievous smile, doesn't he? And is that from The White Queen? I thought it looked familiar. Yeah, we watched that show as well. His character there seemed a lot like Juan, ironically. Always jealous of his brother, Edward IV. But you're right, it is nice to see a video with David in it that's funny and lighthearted.

Thanks for sharing your YouTube comment! I actually felt the exact same way. There were times I wanted to strangle Juan, but other times when I pitied him and felt sorry for him because of the way his life turned out. His syphilis and his leg injury and subsequent addiction to opium really took a toll on his health and mental state. It would be interesting if Juan and Cesare were both jealous of each other for different reasons. Cesare, because Juan was the favored son, like you said, and was in command of the army, and Juan, because he knew that Cesare was smarter and more capable than he was, and that everyone thought that Cesare would make a better leader.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Jemima!

Yeah, he does have that mischievous smile, doesn't he? And is that from The White Queen? I thought it looked familiar. Yeah, we watched that show as well. His character there seemed a lot like Juan, ironically. Always jealous of his brother, Edward IV. But you're right, it is nice to see a video with David in it that's funny and lighthearted.
Hi, Alex.

Yes, he does . And yes, it's from "The White Queen".
As for George being like Juan, well, maybe they are similar. But for me, hmmmm, not that much.
When I watched this tv series for the first time, my first thought about George was that he reminds me a little bit of Loki, Thor's brother.
(Characters from Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Comics). Almost the same story xD.
Two brothers, the older one is a king, the younger one is jealous of him. He wants to be a king, because he think that he would be a better one.
And in both stories younger brothers are mischievous, angry, devilishly handsome (well, in my opinion ), they became insane and they betrayed their brothers several times. Yes, I'm a little bit weird.

Quote:
It would be interesting if Juan and Cesare were both jealous of each other for different reasons. Cesare, because Juan was the favored son, like you said, and was in command of the army, and Juan, because he knew that Cesare was smarter and more capable than he was, and that everyone thought that Cesare would make a better leader.
Sometimes I have an impression that indeed it was like that. Maybe it was another reason why Juan was so furious at the end.
Because from the beginning he clearly knew that Cesare is smarter and he would be a better head of the Papal Army.
And when their father was close to give it all to Cesare (Rodrigo didn't literally said that, but I'm guessing that he was thinking about Cesare), Juan was very terrified. He even threatened to kill himself, if Rodrigo is gonna do it.
He said something like this: "If you were to rob my sword from me, my position, my respect, then there is a price to pay.
If you take my honour, you must take my life. Mine to give, yours to take."
I remember that in this scene I was thinking: "Jesus! What are you doing?! What are you thinking?! You're weak, sick and you're dying!
How you wanna lead a Papal Army?! Just give it up already and focus on your health! Or remains of it -_-."

Last edited by Jemima1205; 08-17-2018 at 05:07 PM
Old 08-18-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-18-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the gif, Arinna! Where's that one from?

Hi, Jemima! Yeah, I thought that was from The White Queen. And George and Juan weren't exactly alike, but I did see some similarities, especially near the end, considering how they both ended up. Oh, the Loki comparison is nice. And just so you know, I'm a long time comic book fan, so I know who Thor and Loki are. I've been reading comics since I was 6 years old. And don't worry, we're all a bit weird here, so we like weird.

Oh, yeah. Juan really did feel like his position as the commander of the papal armies was all he had. If he lost that it'd be like losing whatever honor he felt he had. He already had suspicions that he may not be Rodrigo's actual son, and he already felt humiliated by his defeat at the hands of King Charles' army, and again by his defeat at Forli from both Caterina Sforza's army and Ludovico's army. That, combined with his illness, his injury, and his opium addiction probably made him extremely paranoid. You're right, he probably should've focused more on his health and trying to recover, and the papal army could come later. Too bad for him that it didn't happen.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Lovely gif, Arinna. It's also from "The White Queen", right?
David looks here so beautiful and angelic.
But well, for me he always looks angelic xD, except when he has a blood on his face. xD
When he played William in "The Pillars of the Earth", his face was sometimes covered in blood and he looked pretty horrifying then. -_-

Quote:
Hi, Jemima! Yeah, I thought that was from The White Queen. And George and Juan weren't exactly alike, but I did see some similarities, especially near the end, considering how they both ended up. Oh, the Loki comparison is nice. And just so you know, I'm a long time comic book fan, so I know who Thor and Loki are. I've been reading comics since I was 6 years old. And don't worry, we're all a bit weird here, so we like weird.
Hi, Alex.

Well, I think that I can agree with you on that. And yeah, they both ended up pretty badly xD.
As for Marvel, well, I only watched movies. I never read comics.
I barely understood this whole Marvel Cinematic Universe, let alone the one from comics xD.
Universe from Marvel comics is probably bigger and more complicated.

Quote:
Oh, yeah. Juan really did feel like his position as the commander of the papal armies was all he had. If he lost that it'd be like losing whatever honor he felt he had. He already had suspicions that he may not be Rodrigo's actual son, and he already felt humiliated by his defeat at the hands of King Charles' army, and again by his defeat at Forli from both Caterina Sforza's army and Ludovico's army. That, combined with his illness, his injury, and his opium addiction probably made him extremely paranoid. You're right, he probably should've focused more on his health and trying to recover, and the papal army could come later. Too bad for him that it didn't happen.
I agree with you in 100% on that. All of this, and also that Juan hasn't got the guidance from his father, like you've mentioned before, had a destructive effect on him.

Last edited by Jemima1205; 08-19-2018 at 11:27 AM
Old 08-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
OMG, cuteness overload. I think I just died.
And I think that David has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, that's a cute gif of David, Arinna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Hi, Alex.

Well, I think that I can agree with you on that. And yeah, they both ended up pretty badly xD.
As for Marvel, well, I only watched movies. I never read comics.
I barely understood this whole Marvel Cinematic Universe, let alone the one from comics xD.
Universe from Marvel comics is probably bigger and more complicated.

I agree with you in 100% on that. All of this, and also that Juan hasn't got the guidance from his father, like you've mentioned before, had a destructive effect on him.
Hi, Jemima! Yeah, I just wish that David didn't always play these doomed characters. And I do think that Juan had at least some good qualities about him, while George just seemed like he was always scheming against Edward and Richard.

I can tell you that the movies definitely get everything wrong. The comics are way different, and movies usually take a while to get the story right. There's a lot the MCU did wrong that I don't like, which is why I don't watch the MCU anymore. I wish I were in Hollywood because I'd make these movies the right way. Yes, the comics are bigger and more complicated, but they're easy to bring to the screen if you know how. Unfortunately, Hollywood doesn't.

Just so you know, Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne are not old people. They're young in the comics as Ant-Man(or Giant-Man) and The Wasp and they both co-founded the Avengers with Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and later Captain America. Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't join the team until much later, and there is no character named Hope Van Dyne because Hank and Janet never had any children. Oh, and Hank created Ultron, not Tony Stark. And Adam Warlock started the Guardians of the Galaxy, not Star Lord, and Adam Warlock is also the one who defeated Thanos and took the Infinity Gauntlet. Gamora is Adam's girlfriend, not Star Lord's. And in the comics, they're called Infinity Gems, not stones. Oh, and in the comics, Spider-Man isn't a teenager, he's in his 20's and he and Mary Jane Watson have already been married.

Okay, back on topic. Yeah, I do think that things could've gone differently for Juan if he had more guidance from both of his parents. I also think that Vanozza tended to favor Cesare and Lucrezia over Juan and Gioffre, sadly.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hi, Jemima! Yeah, I just wish that David didn't always play these doomed characters.
Hi, Alex.

Have you seen movies "Love by Design" and "Cold Skin", or tv series "Victoria"? David played there pretty nice characters.
Especially in "Love by Design", he is sooooo adorable there.

Quote:
And I do think that Juan had at least some good qualities about him, while George just seemed like he was always scheming against Edward and Richard.
I agree, Juan was loyal to his family all the time. He wanted to fight for them, protect them. Even if in their opinion this protection was crossing all the lines (Killing Paolo, for example. I even think that he wanted to kill Lucrezia's baby as well.).
Technically he didn't betrayed them, but his way of thinking how can he protect his family was kind of terrifying.

Quote:
I can tell you that the movies definitely get everything wrong. The comics are way different, and movies usually take a while to get the story right. There's a lot the MCU did wrong that I don't like, which is why I don't watch the MCU anymore. I wish I were in Hollywood because I'd make these movies the right way. Yes, the comics are bigger and more complicated, but they're easy to bring to the screen if you know how. Unfortunately, Hollywood doesn't.
I never read comics, so maybe that's why I pretty like all these movies xD.
Well, except for these about Captain America xD. Somehow I find him pretty boring.

Quote:
Just so you know, Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne are not old people. They're young in the comics as Ant-Man(or Giant-Man) and The Wasp and they both co-founded the Avengers with Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and later Captain America. Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't join the team until much later, and there is no character named Hope Van Dyne because Hank and Janet never had any children. Oh, and Hank created Ultron, not Tony Stark. And Adam Warlock started the Guardians of the Galaxy, not Star Lord, and Adam Warlock is also the one who defeated Thanos and took the Infinity Gauntlet. Gamora is Adam's girlfriend, not Star Lord's. And in the comics, they're called Infinity Gems, not stones. Oh, and in the comics, Spider-Man isn't a teenager, he's in his 20's and he and Mary Jane Watson have already been married.
OMG xD. It's a lot of differences.

Quote:
Okay, back on topic. Yeah, I do think that things could've gone differently for Juan if he had more guidance from both of his parents. I also think that Vanozza tended to favor Cesare and Lucrezia over Juan and Gioffre, sadly.
I totally agree that everything could be different if Juan had more guidance from parents. But as for Vanozza and her tendency to favoring Cesare and Lucrezia over Juan and Gioffre, then I think that I can't agree with you on that. But it's interesting what you said. Hmmmmm, maybe I was blind, or maybe I really didn't see that she is favoring Cesare and Lucrezia, or any of her child. Ok, maybe I can agree as for Lucrezia. But as for Cesare, well, no. xD

Last edited by Jemima1205; 08-20-2018 at 12:09 PM
Old 08-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-20-2018, 03:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Great gif xD. It's from "Truth or Dare"/"Truth or Die", right? I have pretty mixed feelings about this movie.
I kind of like it, but there's something in this movie that makes me feel weird and uncomfortable.
Usually I like to watch movies like that, you know, old wood cabin hidden deep in the forest, bunch of teenagers, and some psycho or monster.
But I always feel kind of weird after watching that kind of movie. Maybe "weird" it's not such a good word for describing how I feel, but it's close enough.

Last edited by Jemima1205; 08-23-2018 at 01:19 PM
Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the gif, Arinna!

Hi, Jemima! Is that from Truth or Die?

Oh, I haven't seen those movies, Jemima. I have heard of Victoria, but I never saw it.

You find Captain America boring? The Winter Soldier is one of my favorite MCU movies. And yes, there's a lot of differences between the movies and the comics.

Yeah, that's one thing that Juan was, loyal to the family. That was his best quality. He was loyal to the family, but he lacked the intellect, cunning, or knowledge to know how to best defend it. You really think he wanted Lucrezia's baby dead as well?

Well, the only reason I said that Vanozza favored Cesare and Lucrezia is because Cesare was her first born and Lucrezia was her only daughter(originally). I never saw Vanozza on the show give Juan a lot of attention, as she was always more focused on Lucrezia and Cesare.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hi, Jemima! Is that from Truth or Die?
Hi, Alex.

Yeah, I think it's from "Truth or Dare"/"Truth or Die". Have you seen this movie? It's kind of cool, I guess, but I have pretty mixed feelings about it. xD

Quote:
Oh, I haven't seen those movies, Jemima. I have heard of Victoria, but I never saw it.
Then you must see!
In my opinion they are great. Especially I like "Love by Design", it's such a happy and cute movie.

Quote:
You find Captain America boring?
Yeah, he is kind of boring to me xD. I don't even know why, but he is.

Quote:
You really think he wanted Lucrezia's baby dead as well?
You remember that scene at the balcony (or whatever that was)? The one in which Juan took the baby and held it above the railing.
If Cesare and Lucrezia wouldn't take the baby away from him at time, then I suppose that he would be able to drop this poor little thing.
As you said before, he was paranoid at that time, so I think that he really would be able to kill her baby and he probably wanted to.

Quote:
Well, the only reason I said that Vanozza favored Cesare and Lucrezia is because Cesare was her first born and Lucrezia was her only daughter(originally). I never saw Vanozza on the show give Juan a lot of attention, as she was always more focused on Lucrezia and Cesare.
Oh, I see. Well, I can agree that she was more focused on Cesare and Lucrezia. And also that she favored Lucrezia.
But as for favorizing Cesare, well, somehow I don't see it. xD

You guys posting a lot of gifs and pics of David, so I was thinking that maybe I can post some of my favorites as well.
So here is a first part of my most favorites pics of David:

Last edited by Jemima1205; 08-23-2018 at 02:05 PM
Old 08-21-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the gif, Arinna!

Hi, Jemima! Wow! Thanks for those pics! Yep, you can post them here any time you want. He's so James Dean in those.

No, I haven't seen Truth or Die. I don't get to watch movies that much anymore. I'm mostly watching TV now. I hope one day I can see those movies you mentioned.

Yes, I remember the scene at the balcony, and that was tough to watch. But do you really think that Juan would kill his own nephew and his parents' first grandchild right in front of Rodrigo and Vanozza? That would almost certainly ruin him. Rodrigo would never forgive that. Look at how he attacked Juan when he suspected that Juan had killed Paolo. Or perhaps Juan was so far gone he wasn't even thinking straight?

Well, the reason I say that Vanozza favored Cesare is because she and Cesare had a lot more scenes together. If you look at which children she shared the most scenes with, it was Cesare and Lucrezia. With Lucrezia, Vanozza was trying to educate and prepare her for what she would have to face once she grew to womanhood, and in this, Lucrezia had both Vanozza and Giulia as mentors. And Vanozza was also an advisor and confidante to Cesare quite a lot, especially when he had to lead the Papal forces or act in defense of the family... and of course, in matters concerning Lucrezia. She just seemed there for him a lot more than Juan.