Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2018, 07:46 AM
  #61
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,462
Oh yes, Victor was definitely a honey trap. I can only imagine how many girls he had lured in before like that. Like I said in the other post, I mainly felt so bad about it all because on the show it because clear quickly that next to Matthew/Caitlyn, Rose/Bennet would be my OTP. So I really felt sad but I understand why Rose wanted to leave that part of her life behind her. Meanwhile I felt sorry for Bennet because he always loved her as a person. I never got the impression that it was a saviour complex or anything that attracted him to her.

Oh, is it? I wasn't aware tbh. I always thought it was the same as France. I travelled through Poland on several occasions some years ago. Unfortunately the most I've seen … and you can't call it see – well, I basically slept at Warszawa Centralna waiting for the train to Šeštokai or to Berlin. One leg on a convoluted journey.

I'll have to look up "Trinity", it appears I've missed that somehow! But more David is always a good thing.

As for the play, I wish I could have seen it too. It was put on last November. I could be wrong but I don't think there are any official video recordings to be later shown at cinemas. I really like that sky arts is doing that tbh. They have recorded several plays of the National Theatre and brought them to cinemas to watch. I last saw "Yerma" a tragedy by Spanish playwrit Federico García Lorca with Billie Piper in the title role that was performed at the Young Vic in London. But I couldn't have gone obviously. I wish this would become more of a thing, filming stage productions, showing them in cinemas or releasing them on DVDs. I'd line up to buy Yerma on DVD or Venus in Fur… obviously because the plays are interesting and the production great but also for actors like Piper, Oakes and Dormer.
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:37 PM
  #62
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 115,110
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:40 PM
  #63
Master Fan

 
DGSAFDMD's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 19,807
Thank you for all the David goodies
DGSAFDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:19 PM
  #64
New Fan
 
Jemima668's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Oh yes, Victor was definitely a honey trap. I can only imagine how many girls he had lured in before like that. Like I said in the other post, I mainly felt so bad about it all because on the show it because clear quickly that next to Matthew/Caitlyn, Rose/Bennet would be my OTP. So I really felt sad but I understand why Rose wanted to leave that part of her life behind her. Meanwhile I felt sorry for Bennet because he always loved her as a person. I never got the impression that it was a saviour complex or anything that attracted him to her.

Oh, is it? I wasn't aware tbh. I always thought it was the same as France. I travelled through Poland on several occasions some years ago. Unfortunately the most I've seen … and you can't call it see – well, I basically slept at Warszawa Centralna waiting for the train to Šeštokai or to Berlin. One leg on a convoluted journey.

I'll have to look up "Trinity", it appears I've missed that somehow! But more David is always a good thing.

As for the play, I wish I could have seen it too. It was put on last November. I could be wrong but I don't think there are any official video recordings to be later shown at cinemas. I really like that sky arts is doing that tbh. They have recorded several plays of the National Theatre and brought them to cinemas to watch. I last saw "Yerma" a tragedy by Spanish playwrit Federico García Lorca with Billie Piper in the title role that was performed at the Young Vic in London. But I couldn't have gone obviously. I wish this would become more of a thing, filming stage productions, showing them in cinemas or releasing them on DVDs. I'd line up to buy Yerma on DVD or Venus in Fur… obviously because the plays are interesting and the production great but also for actors like Piper, Oakes and Dormer.
As for Rose/Bennet, and for Victor, I totally agree with you.

You travelled through Poland? Cool xD . . I've been in Warszawa few times, but I've never seen Central Station .
As for travelling, I've been only in Germany (in Hamburg), once, when I was kid. I went there with my parents, because my cousin had communion.
We had to be there because my parents are his godparents.

I think you should check it. "Trinity" is maybe not my favourite series, but I think it's quite good.
And yes, more David is a totally good thing . There is no way that I could have enough of him.

As for play and filming stage productions and showing them in cinemas, then I totally think the same. I've always been sad that I could'nt see certain plays, because their cinema versions never came out. For example, I soo wish to see "Wicked", but because english is not my mother language, so recordings from play wouldn't be quite satisfying for me. Not too mention quality. I wouldn't understand it, or barely, and I probably wouldn't see anything either.
So that's why I'm still waiting for a cinema version of "Wicked".


Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Good God, I think I'm melting. . He has such a perfect smile. xD
Jemima668 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:34 PM
  #65
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 164,120
Hi, Nina! Hi, May!

Hi, Jemima!

Oh, so you live in Poland? Then you're one hour ahead of Arinna. She's in Bulgaria.

Yes, we have daylight savings time here too, and we go back an hour in November.

Thanks for the info on Trinity. Yeah, I forgot I did see the wiki link.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:53 AM
  #66
New Fan
 
Jemima668's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Nina! Hi, May!

Hi, Jemima!

Oh, so you live in Poland? Then you're one hour ahead of Arinna. She's in Bulgaria.

Yes, we have daylight savings time here too, and we go back an hour in November.

Thanks for the info on Trinity. Yeah, I forgot I did see the wiki link.
Hi, Alex

So Arinna is from Bulgaria? Nice.
So indeed I'm one hour ahead.

Can I ask you a few questions, girls?

First one is for you, Alex, and for Nina.
So right now I know that Arinna is from Bulgaria, but I don't know from where are you two. If it's not a secret, then could you tell me?

Second one is for Nina.
What "OTP" means? I'm asking, because you mentioned that Matthew/Caitlyn and Rose/Bennet would be (or they are) your OTP.
And I don't quite understand what it means.

And third question is for all of you .
I like to watch some fanvideos and fanarts etc. And I have a question about it, do you have here a different thread for fanvideos and fanarts with David/Juan, or are you uploading links for them here in this thread?
Jemima668 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:49 AM
  #67
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 164,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Hi, Alex

So Arinna is from Bulgaria? Nice.
So indeed I'm one hour ahead.

Can I ask you a few questions, girls?

First one is for you, Alex, and for Nina.
So right now I know that Arinna is from Bulgaria, but I don't know from where are you two. If it's not a secret, then could you tell me?

Second one is for Nina.
What "OTP" means? I'm asking, because you mentioned that Matthew/Caitlyn and Rose/Bennet would be (or they are) your OTP.
And I don't quite understand what it means.

And third question is for all of you .
I like to watch some fanvideos and fanarts etc. And I have a question about it, do you have here a different thread for fanvideos and fanarts with David/Juan, or are you uploading links for them here in this thread?
Hi, Jemima! Okay, I'll answer all of your questions.

First of all, I'm not a girl, I'm a guy. My full name is Alexander, but I prefer Alex. It's okay, lots of people have made that mistake. I assumed that my first name would make it obvious, but there are some women named Alex as well(for Alexandra), so it's no big deal.

Second, I'm from the USA. I live in the state of Pennsylvania in a small township just north of the city of Philadelphia. Nina is originally from France, which is her home, but her job required her to move to the USA about a year ago and now she's currently living in New York.

Third, OTP is an internet acronym meaning One True Pairing, referring to a couple or "ship" that is your favorite, end-all-be-all-couple. I know, it can get confusing. I was confused when I first came to Fan Forum and had to get used to all this internet language and abbreviations. LOL means Laughing Out Loud, OMG means Oh My God, BFF means Best Friends Forever, BTW means By The Way, GIF means Graphics Interchange Format, FYI means For Your Information, TTYL means Talk To You Later, TFTNT means Thanks For The New Thread whenever someone makes a new one when the old one is used up, WTF means What The F... well, you get it. You just have to get used to it. It took me a while to figure all this stuff out, but you'll get the hang of it.

Finally, yes, we have two different threads for fanarts, gifs, avatars, videos, etc. We have one thread for The Borgias Fanart/Animations/Fanvids and another thread for The Borgias Icons. I'll link you to both of them. Oh, and you can post arts, gifs, vids, or icons for David or Juan on either this thread or those threads. Also, if you're ever looking for a specific thread, just go to the opening page on the Introduction Thread where you introduced yourself to all of us. There's a list of links to all of the active threads on the board.

The Borgias Fanart/Animations/Fanvids #7: "Beauty perishes in life, but is immortal in art." - Leonardo da Vinci

The Borgias Icon Thread #1: 100x100 boxes of history!
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:25 PM
  #68
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 115,110
I've watched David in "Victoria" today. Still find that show boring.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:33 AM
  #69
New Fan
 
Jemima668's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Jemima! Okay, I'll answer all of your questions.

First of all, I'm not a girl, I'm a guy. My full name is Alexander, but I prefer Alex. It's okay, lots of people have made that mistake. I assumed that my first name would make it obvious, but there are some women named Alex as well(for Alexandra), so it's no big deal.

Second, I'm from the USA. I live in the state of Pennsylvania in a small township just north of the city of Philadelphia. Nina is originally from France, which is her home, but her job required her to move to the USA about a year ago and now she's currently living in New York.

Third, OTP is an internet acronym meaning One True Pairing, referring to a couple or "ship" that is your favorite, end-all-be-all-couple. I know, it can get confusing. I was confused when I first came to Fan Forum and had to get used to all this internet language and abbreviations. LOL means Laughing Out Loud, OMG means Oh My God, BFF means Best Friends Forever, BTW means By The Way, GIF means Graphics Interchange Format, FYI means For Your Information, TTYL means Talk To You Later, TFTNT means Thanks For The New Thread whenever someone makes a new one when the old one is used up, WTF means What The F... well, you get it. You just have to get used to it. It took me a while to figure all this stuff out, but you'll get the hang of it.

Finally, yes, we have two different threads for fanarts, gifs, avatars, videos, etc. We have one thread for The Borgias Fanart/Animations/Fanvids and another thread for The Borgias Icons. I'll link you to both of them. Oh, and you can post arts, gifs, vids, or icons for David or Juan on either this thread or those threads. Also, if you're ever looking for a specific thread, just go to the opening page on the Introduction Thread where you introduced yourself to all of us. There's a list of links to all of the active threads on the board.

The Borgias Fanart/Animations/Fanvids #7: "Beauty perishes in life, but is immortal in art." - Leonardo da Vinci

The Borgias Icon Thread #1: 100x100 boxes of history!
Thanks for all these answers and informations, Alex.
And sorry for this mistake . When I hear "Alex" I mostly think about girl.
By the way, Alexander is a very beautiful name, in my opinion. For me it sounds so hmmm mysterious xD.
I have similar feelings for names like Victor, Kevin, David or Joshua.

So you and Nina live in USA, but Nina is from France? Cool.
I so wish I could visit France one day, especially Paris.
Are you and Nina seeing each other in person? I mean, in real life?

Oh, so that's OTP means, "One True Pairing" . I should guess that, silly me . As for LOL, OMG, BFF, BTW, GIF, FYI and WTF, then I already know these abbreviations xD. But TTYL (Talk To You Later) and TFTNT (Thanks For The New Thread) I see for the first time.

Thanks for these links. Maybe I will upload some funny/cool (in my opinion ) fanvideos someday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
I've watched David in "Victoria" today. Still find that show boring.
Why you find it boring? I almost love it as I love "The Pillars of the Earth", they're my favourite tv series.
Funny thing, my friend think the same way as you about this tv series xD. He find it boring and to girly.

Last edited by Jemima668; 08-11-2018 at 06:24 AM
Jemima668 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:36 PM
  #70
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 115,110
"The Pillars of the Earth"? Yeah, also boring to me. Maybe, because there isn't that much action in it. I liked The Borgias, because it held you by the edge on your seat with every episode.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:58 PM
  #71
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 164,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Thanks for all these answers and informations, Alex.
And sorry for this mistake . When I hear "Alex" I mostly think about girl.
By the way, Alexander is a very beautiful name, in my opinion. For me it sounds so hmmm mysterious xD.
I have similar feelings for names like Victor, Kevin, David or Joshua.
You're very welcome, Jemima! Aww, and it's okay. Don't worry about it. Like I said, a lot of people on FF have assumed that I was a girl.

Thank you. My mom named me after a TV spy on an old television show she liked when she was young. I kind of like my name as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
So you and Nina live in USA, but Nina is from France? Cool.
I so wish I could visit France one day, especially Paris.
Are you and Nina seeing each other in person? I mean, in real life?
Yes, I'm from the USA and Nina is from France, but she's currently living in the USA because of her job. And no, Nina and I do not live anywhere near each other. She's in New York and I'm much farther south, just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We only know each other from Fan Forum. We've never met in person. I live very far away from her.

Aww, I hope you can visit France too, one day. I've never been there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Oh, so that's OTP means, "One True Pairing" . I should guess that, silly me . As for LOL, OMG, BFF, BTW, GIF, FYI and WTF, then I already know these abbreviations xD. But TTYL (Talk To You Later) and TFTNT (Thanks For The New Thread) I see for the first time.

Thanks for these links. Maybe I will upload some funny/cool (in my opinion ) fanvideos someday.

Yep, OTP means One True Pairing. Okay. I wasn't sure which internet acronyms you already knew and which ones you didn't. I Hardly knew anything when I first came to FF other than LOL and OMG. And you're welcome. I hope you can upload some videos whenever you have the chance, or any arts you might want to post.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:30 AM
  #72
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,462
You make it sound like you're in Hawaii and I'm in Maine, Alex. But yes, Jemima, I'm only in the U.S. for work.

I thought 'Pillars of the Earth' was a bit too simplistic – as in the characters didn't really have layers. I still liked watching because gosh, read that cast list everyone: Ian McShane, Matthew Macfadyen, Hayley Atwell, Natalia Wörner, Donald Sutherland, Allison Pill, Eddie Redmayne and of course David Oakes. – I guess I just wish that for once David could have played Eddie's role, idk. We see now on 'Victoria' that he is very versatile and doesn't have to play the villain all the time. Though obviously David was brilliant as both Juan on 'The Borgias' (though arguably the writing of season 1 was much better, he was next to Joanne the one thing that made season 2 worth watching) and George on 'The White Queen'.





Behind the scenes – 'Venus in Fur'
Source: Talky, Talky Bird



Natalie Dormer and David Oakes at the press night after party for Venus In Fur at Mint Leaf on October 17, 2017.
Source: Natalie Dormer News
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:11 AM
  #73
New Fan
 
Jemima668's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 18
Once again thanks for all this answers, Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
"The Pillars of the Earth"? Yeah, also boring to me. Maybe, because there isn't that much action in it. I liked The Borgias, because it held you by the edge on your seat with every episode.
Oh, I see xD. Well, for me "Pillars" are full of action. . But I can a little bit agree with you about "Victoria". I wouldn't call it boring, but yeah, there isn't much action in this series xD. As for "The Borgias", hmmmm, I think I can agree with you, even though that I love more "Pillars" and "Victoria".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
You make it sound like you're in Hawaii and I'm in Maine, Alex. But yes, Jemima, I'm only in the U.S. for work.

I thought 'Pillars of the Earth' was a bit too simplistic – as in the characters didn't really have layers. I still liked watching because gosh, read that cast list everyone: Ian McShane, Matthew Macfadyen, Hayley Atwell, Natalia Wörner, Donald Sutherland, Allison Pill, Eddie Redmayne and of course David Oakes. – I guess I just wish that for once David could have played Eddie's role, idk. We see now on 'Victoria' that he is very versatile and doesn't have to play the villain all the time. Though obviously David was brilliant as both Juan on 'The Borgias' (though arguably the writing of season 1 was much better, he was next to Joanne the one thing that made season 2 worth watching) and George on 'The White Queen'.
Oh yeah, the cast in "Pillars" is soooo brilliant xD. It was thanks to Eddie Redmayne that I found this series . And I agree in 100% about that David could play more roles like in "Victoria", "Cold Skin", "Love by Design", especially like in "Love by Design", he was there so adorable and nice .
As for George from "The White Queen", well, maybe I'm weird, but for me he wasn't, like, 100% villain, I have pretty mixed feelings about him xD.


As for videos, at this moment I have two favourites.

First one is a fanvid about Juan . It's kind of different from all fanvids that I'v seen, because it's funny xD. I know that in season 2 Juan is a sad and dark character, and that's why most fanvids about him are sad/dark. But in season 1 he was kind of funny and so adorably annoying , and 'cause of that I really wanted to see some funny vids about him, and that's how I found this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CvGN8xLAE

As for the second video, it's a music video (video clip?) of band called "FOXES!", with David's guest appearance in it .
And good God, he is soooo cute and adorable there. . I so love this music video, the song, lyrics, and the fact that David is in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2HTVyln5FI

Last edited by Jemima668; 08-12-2018 at 09:38 AM
Jemima668 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:17 AM
  #74
Elite Fan

 
Nikki K's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 37,462
Quote:
As for George from "The White Queen", well, maybe I'm weird, but for me he wasn't, like, 100% villain, I have pretty mixed feelings about him
I mean it was a combination of how history views him, how Philippa Greogry wrote his character and how the character was adapted for the TV show. I felt it was a shame that we didn't get many scenes between David/George and Eleanor/Isabel alone. I mean there was the one in the beginning, where she teased that there are all those Woodville girls and they all want marriages and he asks her if that's not what she wants too. In a way it read hostile and maybe it was because George's ambitions were constantly curbed by Edward and later when he married Isabel, her father basically tried to pull his strings like a puppet but couldn't make anything happen for him. After the first few years, when George was back at court and got Anne's guardianship (or even before that actually), one gets the impression that he and Isabel – not reconciled because I don't think they were actually at odds except for her grief about their lost baby but you get the feeling that they are on really good terms and she supports him fully. And even though when she is dead, he thinks –*because he is an opportunitst, that a second marriage would be a brilliant idea – the way David played George you also believe that he genuinely feels a profound loss and deep grief because of Isabel's death. Despite him hating Elizabeth for so long, he must have understood how absolutely problematic his actions and accusations would be, and that it would be highly unlikely that anyone would back him to the point where he'd find any sort of success or vindication. It made me wonder, he wasn't exactly stable before but this loss of his wife whom he realised in death that he had actually really loved... that cost him his sanity altogether. I thought David portrayed that marvellously.


Source: Don't Be A Fool


Source: I Capture the Period Pieces

So far I've only watched the first season of 'Victoria' and I like it fine but I think it's a bit a show of lost opportunities. For instance, I wish they wouldn't have just made it about Victoria but perhpas started sooner with Charlotte. And covered more of the Regency period. And even if not and if it's only about Victoria, I feel like there are pieces missing like her half-sister Feodora whom she loved dearly. Instead it often feels they try to make way in the plot for all the stuff going on with the staff and in the kitchens so it can be a substitute for 'Upstairs Downstairs' or 'Downton Abbey'.
__________________
Happy thoughts,
Nina

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 08-12-2018 at 11:39 AM
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:31 PM
  #75
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 115,110
Perhaps it would've been better if it was for the Regency period.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Lotte Verbeek, Holliday Grainger Source
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.