Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2018, 02:40 PM
  #256
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 116,882
Whoa! I think you can beat Alex in long answers. I think it's time for him to have a competition.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:04 PM
  #257
New Fan
 
Jemima668's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 65
Me as a competition? For real?
Well, I usually talk that much about David. Most of my posts here are very long.

Besides, I thought that Nina and Lila are the ones who post very long answers.
They write so beautifully in English and they always have something interesting to say.

But thanks.
Jemima668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:13 PM
  #258
Say Something Nice

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 170,910
You think so, Arinna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Hi, Alex!

Yup, maybe if he would have stable parents, then probably he could be a different man.

Well, you're right, there are many people who grew up in dysfunctional/pathological families and yet they grown up into decent, stable and good persons.
But as I said before, for me William was to weak to stand against his parents.
Well, it's normal that he couldn't do it when he was a child, 'cause he was too small and his fear of them (mostly of his mother) was stronger then.
But when he grown up, he still was kind of afraid, he still wasn't brave enough to stand against them. But that's just my opinion, that's how I see William.
Hi, Jemima! Nina and Lila post a lot of stuff, but you're pretty good as well. And your English is also good and you've got a lot of interesting stuff to say.

Yeah, I do think that sometimes the parents can make all the difference. Not everyone who has great parents turns out good, and not everyone who has dysfunctional parents turns out bad. I guess it all depends on the individual, and I guess at some point William has to be responsible for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Yup, totally. That's how I see him.

I don't know how it was with his parents' faith, but I think that they believed mainly because it was appropriate. They weren't truly believers, I think.
But if it was like I think, then William didn't have any good example of how to be a religious (and good) man, hence this lack of the moral center.
Ah, okay. I was wondering if his faith was the result of his parents or something else. Yes, you do need something to model yourself on to have a moral center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
I adore Eddie! He's such a cutie pie!
I especially love him as Newt Scamander from "Fantastic Beasts".
He is soooo adorable and cute there! Such a cute, nerdy, dorky, shy guy!
It was my first movie with Eddie in it. And I just got immediately crazy about him since then.
I just can't wait to see a second part of "Fantastic Beasts", it's gonna be in cinemas in November this year.

As for David and his career, well, maybe you're right. Funny thing, I would love to see him and Eddie in some big movie!
It would be soooo cool if David would play some villain in third part of "Fantastic Beasts"!
But then I would have pretty conflicted feelings... two actors, who I adore, playing characters who fight with each other.
I haven't seen Eddie in much. I just saw him in Les Miserables. I heard that Fantastic Beasts is connected to Harry Potter? I hope you enjoy the new movie!

Awww, we don't want you being conflicted. But I don't know if David is interested in a film career. Some people prefer to do theater and TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Yup, he called him that way. But for him "wypłosz" (pipsqueak/wimp) means something different then for me.
For him it means someone with an average/indistinctive look/beauty.

And here you have some synonyms of this word:
buffoon, craze/eccentric, weirdo, freak, ninny, insane, looney, nutty, crazy, wacko.
And I think that I can call that way 90% of my favorites male characters (I call them "crazes" "crushes" xD) from all movies and tv series that I watched.
Ah, okay. Thanks! Arinna's into language and she'd probably be able to figure out what words in Bulgarian correlate to yours.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Oh, I see. It must have been a pretty expensive trip, from the USA to Bulgaria. Or it wasn't?
It's like with me and my friend. But he lives in Poland, just like me.
He is from Warszawa (Warsaw) and I met him on a Polish "The Sims 2" forum, in 2008.
He was an admin of this forum/site and he was making some great stuff for that game.
I don't remember clearly, but I think that we met in person, like, in 2009.
I told my best friend (we went to junior high school together, he's also my neighbor ) about this "Sims 2" forum and he also registered there.
I introduced him to my Warsaw-friend and after a few months they befriended.
After some time, probably it was in 2009, this Warsaw-friend wanted to meet with my neighbor-friend, here in Wrocław.
But my neighbor-friend didn't want to go alone, so he asked me to go with him, 'cause he knew that I also know this Warsaw-friend.
And also 'cause I was the one who introduced them to each other.
I was very shy back then and my Warsaw-friend totally knew that, that's why he never asked me to meet with him in person.
But in the end I had to meet with him anyway, thanks to my neighbor-friend.
And that's how it was.

By the way, this Warsaw-friend is the one who called David "wypłosz"/"wimp".
And it's him with whom I watched "The Pillars of the Earth", "Victoria" and "The White Queen".
And currently we're watching "The Borgias", we ended first season.
Yeah, it was expensive, so I had to put the trip on my credit card and it took me a while to pay it off. Aww, that's really great that you and your friend finally got to meet your friend from Warsaw. Thanks for telling us about that. I hope you had a great time meeting each other.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Oh, I see.

So outdoor cats are teasing dog and also this indoor cat? OMG.

Yeah, I know.

PS Sorry that I wasn't answering for few days, but I am currently sick. I have a cold... or a flu... I don't know o_O.
The only thing I know is that I feel like a snotty zombie.
Yeah, Arinna's cats are funny. They're really cute and adorable too.

Aww, it's okay, Jemima. I'm sorry you're sick. Please take care of yourself, okay? There have been some very bad flus going around. Try to get some rest and get well soon. You can post whenever you feel better.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:22 AM
  #259
New Fan
 
Jemima668's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Jemima! Nina and Lila post a lot of stuff, but you're pretty good as well. And your English is also good and you've got a lot of interesting stuff to say.
Hi, Alex!

Aaaaaw, thanks, you're so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, I do think that sometimes the parents can make all the difference. Not everyone who has great parents turns out good, and not everyone who has dysfunctional parents turns out bad. I guess it all depends on the individual, and I guess at some point William has to be responsible for himself.
Yup, I totally agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Ah, okay. I was wondering if his faith was the result of his parents or something else.
Well, it kind of was. They believed, so he believed too.
But their faith was fake, pretended and his was strong and kind of true and honest, but it was mainly driven by the fear of hell, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yes, you do need something to model yourself on to have a moral center.
Once again, totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I haven't seen Eddie in much. I just saw him in Les Miserables. I heard that Fantastic Beasts is connected to Harry Potter? I hope you enjoy the new movie!
I've also seen Les Miserables, and Eddie was sooooo cute there!
And he sang pretty well too, but sometimes his voice reminded me of Kermit the frog.
Funny thing, David's voice sometimes reminds me of Kermit as well.

Yup, "Fantastic Beasts" is connected to "Harry Potter", it's a prequel based on a small book called "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them".
It's one of the textbooks in the world of "Harry Potter". It doesn't have any plot, it's just a textbook with descriptions of all (almost) magical creatures.
And Newt Scamander is an author of it, in a world of "Harry Potter". But we have this book also in real life, and it was written by J.K. Rowling.
But she wrote it in such a funny way, that when you read it you really feel like it was Newt the one who wrote it.
So the only thing that connects this movie with the book is Newt Scamander and his love for magical creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Awww, we don't want you being conflicted. But I don't know if David is interested in a film career. Some people prefer to do theater and TV.
Oh, I see. But didn't "Cold Skin" have a premiere in the cinema? I thought it was a big movie. Sadly it wasn't played in Polish cinemas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Ah, okay. Thanks! Arinna's into language and she'd probably be able to figure out what words in Bulgarian correlate to yours.
Heh, ok.
I always write something in Polish, so it would be great if Arinna would write something in Bulgarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, it was expensive, so I had to put the trip on my credit card and it took me a while to pay it off. Aww, that's really great that you and your friend finally got to meet your friend from Warsaw. Thanks for telling us about that. I hope you had a great time meeting each other.
Credit? OMG! But it was worth it, wasn't it? You met Arinna in person and you two spent great time together, right?

Yeah, it was 9 years ago when I met him in person and we're still best friends!
Me, my neighbor-friend and Warsaw-friend are very close group of friends. And we get along soooo well!

In our group of friends there's also a girl who's from Łęczyca (a small town located near Łódź). I like her very much and she is very close to me.
But we haven't seen her in person for a long time. At least I know that I haven't seen her for a long time.
But I think that my Warsaw-friend met with her a year ago, but I'm not 100 % sure.

By the way, my Warsaw-friend visited me and my neighbor-friend last weekend.
And funny thing, he is the one who infected me with this flu, or cold, or whatever it is.
What a nice present he gave me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Aww, it's okay, Jemima. I'm sorry you're sick. Please take care of yourself, okay? There have been some very bad flus going around. Try to get some rest and get well soon. You can post whenever you feel better.
Aaaaaaaw, thanks!
I will take care of myself, I promise!
I feel a little bit better now. At least my throat doesn't hurt anymore.
But I still have a runny/leaking nose, but just a little bit, and my sinuses slightly hurt.
But that's typical for sinus infection. Thankfully my infection isn't very bad, it's just the first step of it.

As for word "runny nose"... what a weird word.
It's like your nose want to run away from you, or something.
In Polish we call it "katar"

Sinuses - Zatoki
Throat - Gardło
Sinus infection - Zapalenie zatok
Jemima668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:10 PM
  #260
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 116,882
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:47 PM
  #261
Say Something Nice

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 170,910
Thanks for the video, Arinna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Hi, Alex!

Aaaaaw, thanks, you're so sweet!
Hi, Jemima! You're welcome. And thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Yup, I totally agree with that.

Well, it kind of was. They believed, so he believed too.
But their faith was fake, pretended and his was strong and kind of true and honest, but it was mainly driven by the fear of hell, so...

Once again, totally agree!
Thanks for agreeing with me so much. I don't always get that.

Ah, I see. So their faith was mostly just for show because they wanted to come across as true religious people, probably so they'd look good to the religious leadership? Sounds like William was extremely paranoid as well. Perhaps his parents used that to try and control him?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
I've also seen Les Miserables, and Eddie was sooooo cute there!
And he sang pretty well too, but sometimes his voice reminded me of Kermit the frog.
Funny thing, David's voice sometimes reminds me of Kermit as well.

Yup, "Fantastic Beasts" is connected to "Harry Potter", it's a prequel based on a small book called "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them".
It's one of the textbooks in the world of "Harry Potter". It doesn't have any plot, it's just a textbook with descriptions of all (almost) magical creatures.
And Newt Scamander is an author of it, in a world of "Harry Potter". But we have this book also in real life, and it was written by J.K. Rowling.
But she wrote it in such a funny way, that when you read it you really feel like it was Newt the one who wrote it.
So the only thing that connects this movie with the book is Newt Scamander and his love for magical creatures.
Eddie and David sounded like Kermit the Frog to you? That's awesome and hilarious.

Oh, I see. I heard that Fantastic Beasts was in the Harry Potter world, but I wasn't sure if any of the HP characters were in it or not. Yeah, that sounds like some of the stuff Tolkien came up with for The Lord of The Rings, where he had appendices that didn't have much plot, but just provided some background for characters. So there is no book series for Fantastic Beasts and they're just coming up with stories for the movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Oh, I see. But didn't "Cold Skin" have a premiere in the cinema? I thought it was a big movie. Sadly it wasn't played in Polish cinemas.

Heh, ok.
I always write something in Polish, so it would be great if Arinna would write something in Bulgarian.
I don't think it opened here in the US. His other one did, the one about staying awake for a long time. I think it might've been limited to Europe or Canada. I'm sorry you didn't get to see it.

Why not ask her? Arinna? Would you like to write something in Bulgarian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Credit? OMG! But it was worth it, wasn't it? You met Arinna in person and you two spent great time together, right?

Yeah, it was 9 years ago when I met him in person and we're still best friends!
Me, my neighbor-friend and Warsaw-friend are very close group of friends. And we get along soooo well!

In our group of friends there's also a girl who's from Łęczyca (a small town located near Łódź). I like her very much and she is very close to me.
But we haven't seen her in person for a long time. At least I know that I haven't seen her for a long time.
But I think that my Warsaw-friend met with her a year ago, but I'm not 100 % sure.

By the way, my Warsaw-friend visited me and my neighbor-friend last weekend.
And funny thing, he is the one who infected me with this flu, or cold, or whatever it is.
What a nice present he gave me...
Yes, it was worth it. I just wish I hadn't gotten myself into so much student loan debt, otherwise it would've been easier to go visit her and pay it off. Yes, we had a great time. I'm glad you and your friend are still great friends after all these years.

Aww, I hope you get to see your other friend eventually. I'd hate it to be disconnected from someone that long. Do you talk online? Can you see her again?

OMG, he gave you the flu? I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Aaaaaaaw, thanks!
I will take care of myself, I promise!
I feel a little bit better now. At least my throat doesn't hurt anymore.
But I still have a runny/leaking nose, but just a little bit, and my sinuses slightly hurt.
But that's typical for sinus infection. Thankfully my infection isn't very bad, it's just the first step of it.

As for word "runny nose"... what a weird word.
It's like your nose want to run away from you, or something.
In Polish we call it "katar"

Sinuses - Zatoki
Throat - Gardło
Sinus infection - Zapalenie zatok
You're welcome, Jemima. I just got my flu shot because I don't wanna take any chances this year. I got really sick last year and missed two days of work.

I'm glad you're feeling better. At least your throat doesn't hurt. Sorry your sinuses are still infected.

Well, runny nose just means that mucus is running out of your nose and down your face. It doesn't mean your nose is actually moving. But thanks for the translations. Those words do sound a lot different than other Slavic languages.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:40 PM
  #262
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 116,882
You are welcome.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:55 AM
  #263
Dedicated Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 700
Has anyone heard when "Victoria" will return?
Mignonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:03 PM
  #264
New Fan
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 34
Season 3 will probably be broadcast in early 2019 in the UK, according to Radio Times (venerable UK listings magazine - it's been running for 95 years!)
Anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:25 PM
  #265
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 116,882
So then, not so soon.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:10 PM
  #266
Say Something Nice

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 170,910
Thanks, Anticipation!

Wow, that is a long wait.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:31 PM
  #267
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 116,882
It is indeed.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:12 PM
  #268
Dedicated Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 700
Bummer
Mignonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM
  #269
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 116,882
I know, but we don't have any choice.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Lotte Verbeek, Holliday Grainger Source
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST