Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Jemima! Nah, I don't think you're weird. I like the idea of David playing a vampire. Although even if a vampire fed on animals and not humans, that still counts as animal protein so I wouldn't call that being a "vegetarian vampire."
Hi, Alex.

That's why I called it a "vegetarian", in quotation marks.
Becasue it's not real vegetarianism, it's vampire vegetarianism.
Among the fans of The Twilight Saga there is such a term as a "vegetarian" vampire, which means a vampire who doesn't drink human blood.

I think that David would be a great vampire.
When I saw him in the last episode of first season of "Ripper Street", then I thought that maybe his character would turn out to be a vampire.
I don't know why. This tv series wasn't supposed to be a fantasy, so I really don't know why I thought like that.
But when he appeared for the first time, he looked quite mysterious. He wore sunglasses, black gloves, a white hat and long, white coat.
So for me he looked like a vampire who was protecting himself from the sun.

This is how he looked.

Quote:
And yes, it is sad what happened to Sancia. And she and Gioffre at least deserved a mention in the later seasons.
Totally agree.

Quote:
You know who we were talking about. We were talking about you.
About me? For real? Aaaaaaw, thanks.

Quote:
Well, I'm glad that Ernest didn't die, but it does look like his character was put through the wringer, which I guess is typical of many of David's characters. They always have to suffer so much.
He seems to like these kind of roles. But Ernest is quite different from Juan, George or William.
He is nice, kind, he doesn't want to kill anybody or take revenge on anyone. So it's even sadder that his character can not be 100% happy.
But in history Prince Ernest also had this disease, so it would be weird if David's character wouldn't have it too.
But "Victoria" is mix of history and fiction, so they could make it that Ernest wouldn't get infected with this disease.
Especially that they completely made up his affair with Harriet. In history they never had an affair.

Last edited by Jemima1205; 09-12-2018 at 09:52 AM
Old 09-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know... I liked his Juan.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Extreme Fan

I didn't say that I don't like Juan, because I do.
And I really felt sorry for him after what he's been through and how he ended.
I only didn't like what he was doing in second season. He was too brutal and too dangerous.
That's why I liked him the most in first season.

Last edited by Jemima1205; 09-12-2018 at 02:41 PM
Old 09-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
I don't know... I liked his Juan.
I liked his Juan also, Arinna. I'm not into the boy next door type of guy, so David doesn't appeal to me in a romantic role. I like the dark, but charming, & quietly dangerous Cesar Borgia type of man. David was cast perfectly as the incompetent Juan, who was destined to always be in his brilliant brother's shadow.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Lila! Hi, Arinna! I liked David's Juan as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)
Hi, Alex.

That's why I called it a "vegetarian", in quotation marks.
Becasue it's not real vegetarianism, it's vampire vegetarianism.
Among the fans of The Twilight Saga there is such a term as a "vegetarian" vampire, which means a vampire who doesn't drink human blood.
Hi, Jemima! Yeah, that's one part of Twilight I never agreed with. When Edward told Bella that drinking animal blood was like tofu, I was like, uhhh… no. Genetically speaking, human blood isn't that much different from animal blood. Tofu is made from vegetables.

Quote:
I think that David would be a great vampire.
When I saw him in the last episode of first season of "Ripper Street", then I thought that maybe his character would turn out to be a vampire.
I don't know why. This tv series wasn't supposed to be a fantasy, so I really don't know why I thought like that.
But when he appeared for the first time, he looked quite mysterious. He wore sunglasses, black gloves, a white hat and long, white coat.
So for me he looked like a vampire who was protecting himself from the sun.
Yes, I think that David would make a great vampire as well. And while I think it would've been cool if here were one on Ripper Street, I think that show was too grounded in reality to have vampires and stuff. But OMG, that picture you posted of him in the coat, the hat, the gloves, and the sunglasses does make him look like one.

Quote:
Totally agree.

About me? For real? Aaaaaaw, thanks.

He seems to like these kind of roles. But Ernest is quite different from Juan, George or William.
He is nice, kind, he doesn't want to kill anybody or take revenge on anyone. So it's even sadder that his character can not be 100% happy.
But in history Prince Ernest also had this disease, so it would be weird if David's character wouldn't have it too.
But "Victoria" is mix of history and fiction, so they could make it that Ernest wouldn't get infected with this disease.
Especially that they completely made up his affair with Harriet. In history they never had an affair.
You're welcome, Jemima. We always appreciate having you here.

Yes, from what you describe, Ernest does seem to be a lot different from David's other roles, but that's what makes it interesting. But Ernest also does seem like a sad, tragic character because of the bad stuff that happens to him that he doesn't really deserve. And he even had this disease as well? Well, if they made up that affair with Harriet then maybe they don't have to give him the disease. After all, The Borgias didn't give Cesare syphilis. Instead they gave it to Juan.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
After all, The Borgias didn't give Cesare syphilis. Instead they gave it to Juan.
Can you even imagine François' Cesar having syphilis? I can't imagine his perfect face flawed with pustules

it was so funny when Juan asked the doctor if his fate was to be a blind, pox-ridden, madman with one leg
Old 09-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Can you even imagine François' Cesar having syphilis? I can't imagine his perfect face flawed with pustules

it was so funny when Juan asked the doctor if his fate was to be a blind, pox-ridden, madman with one leg
Yeah, Francois wouldn't look good with that. But it's still a shame that they gave it to Juan instead. Poor guy can't get a break.

I know, right? Juan was going through that Book of Job thing, where it was just one thing after another.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it was a good idea to put that on Juan.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What, give Juan syphilis, Arinna?
Old 09-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm not into the boy next door type of guy, so David doesn't appeal to me in a romantic role. I like the dark, but charming, & quietly dangerous Cesar Borgia type of man. David was cast perfectly as the incompetent Juan, who was destined to always be in his brilliant brother's shadow.
I'm not a fan of Cesare, but I can agree with some parts of your post.
David's look indeed reminds me of nice, cute "boy next door". He has that type of beauty.
As for David and romantic roles, well, for me he's very appealing in romantic roles. But for me he's appealing in almost every his role.
As for Juan being all his life in Cesare's shadow, yeah, I can agree. But it would be pretty sad if he was destined only to be in Cesare's shadow.
It's kind of ironic, that Juan was Rodrigo's favored son, but somehow he didn't see it. Ok, maybe he somehow knew that, but he wasn't 100% sure.
Especially that he suspected that Rodrigo might not be his real father. I really felt sorry for Juan, because, in my opinion, he always felt like a fifth wheel.
Vanozza was focused only on Cesare and Lucrezia (as Alex mentioned it few posts ago).
And Rodrigo was focused partly on Cesare and partly on Juan, but somehow he didn't saw that Juan was suffering.
He never talked honestly with him and he never adviced him.
Maybe that's why Juan acted like an annoying troll who only likes fun, sex, duels, parties and teasing his siblings.
As for duels (fights?), I think that he probably wanted to show that he is better in something, than Cesare. That's why he always started fights.

Quote:
I know that I can't. But I also can't imagine David/Juan with pustules on his face, so I'm glad that he didn't have them.

Quote:
Yeah, it was kind of funny. But for me this scene was also pretty sad. I felt sorry for Juan, but on the other hand I was like:
"But it's only your own fault, you buffoon! That's what you get when you are banging whores almost every night! "

Quote:
Hi, Jemima! Yeah, that's one part of Twilight I never agreed with. When Edward told Bella that drinking animal blood was like tofu, I was like, uhhh… no. Genetically speaking, human blood isn't that much different from animal blood. Tofu is made from vegetables.
Hi, Alex.
Yeah, I know. But still I will call these type of vampires as a "vegetarians".

Quote:
Yes, I think that David would make a great vampire as well. And while I think it would've been cool if here were one on Ripper Street, I think that show was too grounded in reality to have vampires and stuff. But OMG, that picture you posted of him in the coat, the hat, the gloves, and the sunglasses does make him look like one.
Yeah, "Ripper Street" was too grounded in reality, so I really don't know why my first thought about Victor Silver was:
"OMG, is he gonna be a vampire or something?! Is he seducing this poor girl?! He totally looks like a seducing vampire!"

Here you have another pic of Victor:

If I would saw someone dressed as he, in the middle of the night (or even at day ), in some park or forest, I would probably run away.
I know, he is devilishly handsome, but I would be like: "OMG, what a creep! Handsome, but creep! I'm getting away from here!"

Quote:
You're welcome, Jemima. We always appreciate having you here.
Aaaaaaaw. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Yes, from what you describe, Ernest does seem to be a lot different from David's other roles, but that's what makes it interesting. But Ernest also does seem like a sad, tragic character because of the bad stuff that happens to him that he doesn't really deserve. And he even had this disease as well? Well, if they made up that affair with Harriet then maybe they don't have to give him the disease. After all, The Borgias didn't give Cesare syphilis. Instead they gave it to Juan.
Totally agree!
They could made up his affair with Harriet, but they couldn't spare him this disease? What a nonsense.
So in history it was Cesare who had syphilis? Wow, I didn't know that. o_O

Quote:
Yeah, Francois wouldn't look good with that. But it's still a shame that they gave it to Juan instead. Poor guy can't get a break.
Totally agree.

Quote:
I think it was a good idea to put that on Juan.
You mean that giving syphilis to Juan was a good idea? But why? o_O

Last edited by Jemima1205; 09-13-2018 at 07:55 PM
Old 09-14-2018, 01:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Cesare, but I can agree with some parts of your post.
David's look indeed reminds me of nice, cute "boy next door". He has that type of beauty.
As for David and romantic roles, well, for me he's very appealing in romantic roles. But for me he's appealing in almost every his role.
As for Juan being all his life in Cesare's shadow, yeah, I can agree. But it would be pretty sad if he was destined only to be in Cesare's shadow.
It's kind of ironic, that Juan was Rodrigo's favored son, but somehow he didn't see it. Ok, maybe he somehow knew that, but he wasn't 100% sure.
Especially that he suspected that Rodrigo might not be his real father. I really felt sorry for Juan, because, in my opinion, he always felt like a fifth wheel.
Vanozza was focused only on Cesare and Lucrezia (as Alex mentioned it few posts ago).
And Rodrigo was focused partly on Cesare and partly on Juan, but somehow he didn't saw that Juan was suffering.
He never talked honestly with him and he never adviced him.
Maybe that's why Juan acted like an annoying troll who only likes fun, sex, duels, parties and teasing his siblings.
As for duels (fights?), I think that he probably wanted to show that he is better in something, than Cesare. That's why he always started fights.

You mean that giving syphilis to Juan was a good idea? But why? o_O
Hi Jemima! I'm Lila, it's nice to have you here! Thanks for replying to my post

I love Cesar, on the show & IRL. He's my favorite historical person & was a very complex, fascinating man. François played Cesar like I always imagined him: gorgeous, tall, built, charismatic, charming, loyal, ambitious, & dangerous....and in love with his sister I know you're not a fan of their incest, but I ship them 100% & that forbidden element makes the even hotter. But I understand how it could turn off someone & that's ok. We have the Cesar & Lucrezia thread for all of us shippers

I felt pity for Juan, but cheered when Cesar & Micheletto threw him off that bridge. He was a murderer, a rapist, & would've killed the baby cause he believed Cesar might be the father & hated him. Cesar loved Lucrezia more than life, so threatening that baby signed his death warrant. Better a quick drowning than a slow rotting I'm happy he killed Paolo cause Lucrezia was Cesar's. I'm as ruthless as Cesar when it comes to anyone besides him having Lucrezia

IRL, Juan was incompetent, a drunkard, & a whore. Most men were whores back then , and so was Cesar. He had syphilis, but so did half of Italy. Juan probably had it, too. He was a notorious womanizer, just like Cesar. They both slept with Sancia while she was married to their little brother. Very bad boys. But I still love Cesar, whoring, syphilis, incest, murder, and all

Last edited by Mignonette; 09-14-2018 at 05:06 AM
Old 09-14-2018, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Lila! You make a good point, in the actual history, neither Juan nor Cesare come off that good. I think the show did a good job at making Juan look both reprehensible, and tragic. Even though I felt the same way that Cesare and Lucrezia did about Juan after what he did to Paolo and how he threatened Lucrezia's baby, I still felt sorry for him that he had to come to that.

Quote:
Hi, Alex.
Yeah, I know. But still I will call these type of vampires as a "vegetarians".
Hi, Jemima! Yeah, I know what you mean.

Quote:
Yeah, "Ripper Street" was too grounded in reality, so I really don't know why my first thought about Victor Silver was:
"OMG, is he gonna be a vampire or something?! Is he seducing this poor girl?! He totally looks like a seducing vampire!"

If I would saw someone dressed as he, in the middle of the night (or even at day ), in some park or forest, I would probably run away.
I know, he is devilishly handsome, but I would be like: "OMG, what a creep! Handsome, but creep! I'm getting away from here!"
OMG, that pic really does make him look like a vampire! But why is he out in the daylight? Yeah, he does look kinda creepy in that outfit.

Quote:
Aaaaaaaw. Thanks guys.

Totally agree!
They could made up his affair with Harriet, but they couldn't spare him this disease? What a nonsense.

You're welcome, Jemima. So Ernest does get the disease on the show?

Yes, in the history it was Cesare who contracted syphilis, which forced him to wear a mask for a time to cover up his pustules. I guess they decided to give it to Juan to further expand on his tragic downfall. And I guess that's what Arinna mean when she said it was a good idea.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-14-2018, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that vid, Arinna!
Old 09-15-2018, 01:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hi Jemima! I'm Lila, it's nice to have you here! Thanks for replying to my post
Hi, Lila.
You're welcome.

Quote:
I love Cesar, on the show & IRL. He's my favorite historical person & was a very complex, fascinating man. François played Cesar like I always imagined him: gorgeous, tall, built, charismatic, charming, loyal, ambitious, & dangerous
Yeah, Cesare is exactly how you described him.
I kind of have a neutral feelings about him. It's not that I don't like him, but I'm not a fan either.
But I can agree that he is very handsome and mysterious.
There is something about him, but in the same time he kind of repulse me.

Quote:
I know you're not a fan of their incest, but I ship them 100% & that forbidden element makes the even hotter. But I understand how it could turn off someone & that's ok. We have the Cesar & Lucrezia thread for all of us shippers
Hmmmm, I think I can understand why this ship has so many fans. Because it's typical forbidden love (forbidden fruit etc.). xD
I'm a BIG fan of forbidden relationships, but in this case I say NO, it's too much for me.

Quote:
I felt pity for Juan, but cheered when Cesar & Micheletto threw him off that bridge. He was a murderer, a rapist, & would've killed the baby cause he believed Cesar might be the father & hated him. Cesar loved Lucrezia more than life, so threatening that baby signed his death warrant. Better a quick drowning than a slow rotting
As for Juan's death I have exaclty the same feelings. On the other hand I really felt sorry for him, because I really liked him in first season and seeing him suffering and downfalling was very painful to me. And when Cesare killed him I had pretty mixed feelings, because I knew that Juan was a murderer, a rapist and he started to be too dangerous, but on the other hand I was so sad that it had to end this way.

As for Juan's suspicious that Cesare is father of Lucrezia's baby... hmmmm.
I thought that Juan suspected that father of her baby was Paolo. And that's why he killed him.
Not only because he didn't want Paolo to meet with Lucrezia, but also because he suspected that he might be a father of her baby.
You really think that he also suspected Cesare for being Giovanni's father?
I'm starting to be confused.

Quote:
I'm happy he killed Paolo cause Lucrezia was Cesar's.
Ouch, that hurt.
I LOVE Paolo . And I'm BIG fan of his relationship with Lucrezia!
They were sooooo cute together. Don't be so mean to him.

Quote:
I'm as ruthless as Cesar when it comes to anyone besides him having Lucrezia
You're freaking me out.

Quote:
IRL, Juan was incompetent, a drunkard, & a whore. Most men were whores back then , and so was Cesar. He had syphilis, but so did half of Italy. Juan probably had it, too. He was a notorious womanizer, just like Cesar. They both slept with Sancia while she was married to their little brother. Very bad boys.
Indeed they were a very bad boys.
In a show Juan also was incompetent, womanizer, drunkard (mostly in second season) & a whore.
As for Cesare, it seems to me that in a show he behaved a little more decently than in history.
He wasn't that wild and dangerous. But probably he would be in fourth season.
From season to season he started to be more dangerous, violent and scary.

Quote:
But I still love Cesar, whoring, syphilis, incest, murder, and all
Oh my.
Hmmmm, so I think that my love for Juan isn't as big as I thought.
All this whoring, syphilis and murder stuff.... nope. I'm out.
Whoring... ok, maybe (but still I wasn't happy that Juan was banging whores almost every night ), but syphilis and murder... nope.

Quote:
Hi, Jemima! Yeah, I know what you mean.
Hi, Alex.
Well, yes.

Quote:
I think the show did a good job at making Juan look both reprehensible, and tragic. Even though I felt the same way that Cesare and Lucrezia did about Juan after what he did to Paolo and how he threatened Lucrezia's baby, I still felt sorry for him that he had to come to that.
Totally agree. I feel the same way.

Quote:
OMG, that pic really does make him look like a vampire! But why is he out in the daylight? Yeah, he does look kinda creepy in that outfit.
Yeah, it totally does! And yes, he look pretty creepy, but still very handsome. Even with that weird, strawberry blond hair.
I would like to see David play more characters with long hair, it suits him.

Have you seen "Dark Shadows"? Movie with Johnny Depp?
Johnny played there a vampire who could walk freely during the day, but he had to be covered.
You know: hat, sunglasses, gloves and long coat. Sounds familiar?
Maybe that's why I thought that David's character gonna be a vampire.
Because he kind of reminded me of Johnny's character from "Dark Shadows".

This is how Johnny looked in that movie (This thread is about David/Juan, that's why I'm puting these pics as a links xD):
https://i.imgur.com/32pc88F.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J3qBU0a.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XZeJMOh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uaw37UN.jpg

Quote:
So Ernest does get the disease on the show?
Unfortunately, yes.

Quote:
Yes, in the history it was Cesare who contracted syphilis, which forced him to wear a mask for a time to cover up his pustules. I guess they decided to give it to Juan to further expand on his tragic downfall. And I guess that's what Arinna mean when she said it was a good idea.
Oh, I see. I read something about that mask, but it didn't say why Cesare had to wear it. Now I know. Thanks for info.

Quote:
Hi, Arinna.
Thanks for this video. I think I haven't seen it yet.

Last edited by Jemima1205; 09-15-2018 at 03:04 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread