Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So did this really happen? Was one of the Princes In The Tower an imposter?
I don't believe in that theory that one of the princes got away. It doesn't seem likely. But I guess that's one of the things that was altered for dramatic effect.

Ah, love this part where Margaret is lying about the Bible only His Holiness and her have held so far. Cunning.

Yeah, the Duke of Buckingham – as we remember was a nephew of Margaret's second husband Stafford so no wonder he's spilling his heart out to his aunt.

Ach Lizzie, have a bit of ambition. Oh well, you'll learn... by episode 7 of TWP at the latest.

Yeah, we all know Richard will not crown his nephew... so now they come up with the part where they declare Elizabeth's marriage illegitimate. Of course Anne is suddenly not so happy about it again because it reminds her of her own precarious situation without the dispensation but then is fully behind it because she'll finally be queen after all. Only had to marry two awful dolts to get there.

See – now Margaret realises that Henry has to marry Lizzie.

I don't think Richard is really being manipulated – he thinks all these things himself, he only lets Anne say it out loud. I mean now we see his whole malice come through in how he talks to Anthony. And then he'll kill one of Elizabeth's sons from her first marriage.

Oh my, Lizzie had a seeing... here we go again.

Yeah that was all not so bloodless, lots of people were beheaded in Richard taking the throne.

That was a nice touch I thought that they actually read out the last words that Anthony Rivers had written down in his cell before his execution over his execution scene.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh great, more magic. Now Lizzie has inherited her mother and grandmother's power and had a vision. Richard Grey is being executed. So is Anthony. And Prince Edward and the imposter had to watch.

OMG, Richard is such a bastard. This is the guy Lizzie loved so much in TWP? Seriously?

Margaret has to put the robes on Anne? All the while plotting to have Henry sit on the throne one day. Yeah, now she knows that a marriage between Henry and Lizzie is the only answer.

All hail King Richard and Queen Anne!

Margaret and Elizabeth didn't have to be enemies. They could've been allies if... ah, if only.

Is there smoke coming out of Richard's nose, or is it just that damn cold there?
Old 06-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This is the guy Lizzie loved so much in TWP? Seriously?
Yeah, it never made any sense to me storytelling-wise to be honest. I think it was only inserted for scandal and because Philippa Gregory who wrote the novels liked the idea for no good reason. Idek.

So Richard and Anne are getting crowned. We can see how there are already a lot less people and it's a less joyous event than Elizabeth's coronation in the second episode.

And we are through!

Episode 9 & 10 tomorrow at 4pm your time? I'll open the new thread. We didn't go over that much.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So Anne got what she wanted. Elizabeth used to be Queen, and now she's Queen. Margaret is the only one of the three lead protagonists that never got to wear a crown on her head.

Yeah, Richard and Anne's crowing seems downright depressing. Not at all like Shakespeare. And after watching this it really makes you wonder why Elizabeth's family were so upset at Richard's death and defeat at the hands of Henry Tudor. Like I said, Richard comes off like a damn Sith Lord here.

Yep, the final two episodes tomorrow! Then I can continue with The White Princess fully informed.

Well, I did read that there was some rumor that Richard had planned to marry Lizzie after Anne's death. At least Anne didn't live to see the fall of the House of York and Richard's defeat.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

New thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f367/david-%.../#post90473075

Let's continue talking in the one above and close this one.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread