Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I see why Margaret hated the Yorks. Edward just stripped her son of his title.
Elite Fan

double post again... bloody

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Elite Fan

Yep but only in her second marriage.

So yes, Isabel and George will be Maggie's and Teddy's parents. There's an adorable 'behind the scenes' picture of David and Eleanor with the baby they had to play little Maggie. I'll see if I can find that later.

Ah yes, so George wins at something even if it's only hawking and also here is where Margaret's (Joanne's character in TWP) marriage to Charles of Burgundy is decided.

Margaret Beaufort is upset... understandably so. Meanwhile Warwick snubs Elizabeth and Jacquetta plays matchmaker.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yep but only in her second marriage.

So yes, Isabel and George will be Maggie's and Teddy's parents. There's an adorable 'behind the scenes' picture of David and Eleanor with the baby they had to play little Maggie. I'll see if I can find that later.

Ah yes, so George wins at something even if it's only hawking and also here is where Margaret's (Joanne's character in TWP) marriage to Charles of Burgundy is decided.

Margaret Beaufort is upset... understandably so. Meanwhile Warwick snubs Elizabeth and Jacquetta plays matchmaker.
Wait, so that's Teddy's claim to the throne, George?

Ahh, so that's why she's in France.

Is this son Margaret mentions Henry VII?
Old 06-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damn, the story of York and Tudor is a real example of what goes around comes around.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I mean Margaret Beaufort is a cousin to the deposed King Henry VI and her first husband (her son's father) was King Henry VI's half-brother, so it's understandable why she is not all "yay York" and then they take her son's title and lands from him... that's not nice.

Ah... Warwick is plotting but very much mistaken...

I actually feel a lot of sympathy for Margaret in TWQ – because it shows that Henry was taken from her and it hurts her very much. Generally I like Stafford, he has little social hang ups. Margaret could have done worse for herself.

And yes, exactly – so they are riding to Wales there we see Henry VII as a boy.

Awww and look, there is litle Lizze at Elizabeth's sister's wedding. You remember her: Here she gets betrothed to the Duke of Buckingham but in TWP Katherine marries Jasper Tudor. Well, you might not be there yet... I think that's episode 4.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Elizabeth had her baby! It's a daughter! Is this Lizzie?

Quote:
Yeah, I mean Margaret Beaufort is a cousin to the deposed King Henry VI and her first husband (her son's father) was King Henry VI's half-brother, so it's understandable why she is not all "yay York" and then they take her son's title and lands from him... that's not nice.

Ah... Warwick is plotting but very much mistaken...

I actually feel a lot of sympathy for Margaret in TWQ – because it shows that Henry was taken from her and it hurts her very much. Generally I like Stafford, he has little social hang ups. Margaret could have done worse for herself.
I see. So this is why Margaret is the way she is?

Ohh, and here's Jasper! The Tudors make their appearance. And there's little Henry! Wow, this is weird after having seen TWP.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, FML, don't start making me sympathetic to Margaret Beaufort now.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Holy crap! Isn't Catherine a little young to be married?
Old 06-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, that's little Lizzie.

And yes, Teddy is George's and Isabel's son and George is Edward's brother. Hence the claim to the throne.

And again about the wedding we just saw: That little girl, Elizabeth's sister Katherine, we'll see her grown up on TWP when she marries Jasper Tudor. It's when Lizzie exacts some sort of revenge on her mother-in-law knowing that she's in love with him.

Ah... George is super blunt again... one could almost think he doesn't want a rich wife and there is no richer heiress in all of England...

Old 06-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Holy crap! Isn't Catherine a little young to be married?
Yeah, it's a betrothal – so basically that means yes, it's as good as married but the girl usually starts living in her in-laws household when she's twelve or so and under normal circumstances the marriage isn't consummated until the girl is fifteen or sixteen. It's more about building alliances and getting money through dowries than anything.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, that's little Lizzie.

And yes, Teddy is George's and Isabel's son and George is Edward's brother. Hence the claim to the throne.

And again about the wedding we just saw: That little girl, Elizabeth's sister Katherine, we'll see her grown up on TWP when she marries Jasper Tudor. It's when Lizzie exacts some sort of revenge on her mother-in-law knowing that she's in love with him.

Ah... George is super blunt again... one could almost think he doesn't want a rich wife and there is no richer heiress in all of England...
Ohhh, I see. So Katherine's marriage won't last long, then? Okay, no spoilers!

Damn, now I wish I had seen this before TWP so I'm not as confused.

Wait, that dark-haired guy that Anne is swooning over is Richard III?
Old 06-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, it's a betrothal – so basically that means yes, it's as good as married but the girl usually starts living in her in-laws household when she's twelve or so and under normal circumstances the marriage isn't consummated until the girl is fifteen or sixteen. It's more about building alliances and getting money through dowries than anything.
Oh, good. I was gonna say....

Warwick brought King Henry VI in chains.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Anne is eavesdropping, the Countess thinks witchcraft, Warwick is about to have a stroke...

Old 06-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Anne is eavesdropping, the Countess thinks witchcraft, Warwick is about to have a stroke...
I'm not there yet.

Damn, after seeing Margaret's mother I'm not surprised how she turned out. I just wished she'd have learned not to do the same to Henry.