Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2018, 04:03 PM
  #241
New Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
The frantic way he kisses her in 3x04... There's an element of heartbreak behind it. His desperation need to show her how passionate he feels about her, and how he doesn't want her to go through with the public sex with Alfonso, but also... An inner turmoil in them both.


That was their entire relationship in Season 3, in my opinion. Their desperation to restrain their emotions for other after finally consummating their love.
Hi Gwen! Yes desperation is the best way to describe it! His feelings are so strong they overwhelm him. Like how he lost control and kissed her at the wedding seating board. He was shocked at what he'd done and had risked people seeing them. That kiss was frantic too, but without the element of heartbreak.

Lu screams "I love you", but he can't say it back to her.

He tries to show his feelings thru his kiss, but fails, cause she pulls out of his embrace with her face twisted in anguish. She needed WORDS. Reminds me when she danced with Sforza and Ces at her wedding & told them both she needed to hear words of love & tenderness.

That kiss held so many messages, but the saddest for me is what you said, Gwen: "I want to be with you, but I can't and I'm sorry".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
And after that, Lucrezia just stopped fighting against her feelings for him, but he needed more time.
Hi Arinna! Yes, it's true. His feelings were more complicated cause he'd always been her guardian angel like Gwen pointed out, and after having sex, he felt like he'd failed her.
Mignonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:26 PM
  #242
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 157,287
Hey, Lila! Did you see my post?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:48 PM
  #243
New Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hey, Lila! Did you see my post?
Hi Alex! Yes, I just saw your post, thanks! Get some rest and I'll look forward to reading your thoughts later
Mignonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:46 PM
  #244
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 113,412
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:26 PM
  #245
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 157,287
You love those Eskimo kisses, don't you, Arinna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Hi Alex! Yes, I just saw your post, thanks! Get some rest and I'll look forward to reading your thoughts later
Thanks, Lila. My four day weekend starts tomorrow, so let me get back to you then.

OMG, do you really think some naughty stuff was happening with Lucrezia's hand under Cesare's bedsheet?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:56 AM
  #246
New Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
You love those Eskimo kisses, don't you, Arinna?



Thanks, Lila. My four day weekend starts tomorrow, so let me get back to you then.

OMG, do you really think some naughty stuff was happening with Lucrezia's hand under Cesare's bedsheet?
I love those little nose rubs too Arinna, and think Ces does them when what he actually wants to do is kiss her. They're an affectionate substitute

Hi Alex! I think Lu desperately desired him & wanted to do some naughty stuff to him with the hand she had lingering at the edge of that bedsheet

But unfortunately it was that manly-man Catarina that woke Ces up with her hand. Why oh why did they have 2 sex scenes, and long ones too? No offense to anyone who finds her attractive, but I find her physically unappealing and manly. I understand the reasons Ces had sex with her, but
Mignonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:29 PM
  #247
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 113,412
Yeah, they are substitute... until season 3.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:46 PM
  #248
New Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Yeah, they are substitute... until season 3.
Yes Although Lu did kiss Ces on the lips in 2x02 when he helped her see Paolo. She affectionately rubbed her nose to his at the end of that kiss. And it wasn't a little peck on the lips either - she let it linger and he lifted his head to prolong it. That kiss was really significant, because it was the first time they'd crossed the line from affection to expressing their sexual desire for each other. Everything prior had just been innuendo.
Mignonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:11 PM
  #249
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 113,412
That was a family kiss.
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:18 PM
  #250
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 157,287
Hi, Lila!

Nah, it didn't take me long to figure out what was going on with C/L in that scene. I was just surprised, that's all. Cesare was so forceful and passionate with other women, yet Lucrezia made him look like a virginal schoolboy. He was so off balance when it came to dealing with her advances, and the only time he seemed to act like his usual self was when he grabbed her by her neck and started kissing her there. Yeah, like you said, she told him she had "everything" she wanted, he knew she wasn't being honest, and so did she. I don't know if he bit her out of anger, but it did seem like he was claiming her as his with that.

Well, who can ever relate to their sister as a lover, Lila? It's still not the kind of thing that happens often. The level of intimacy it involves has got to be overwhelming, like Lucrezia said. But I still find it fascinating that Lucrezia was the aggressive one in their relationship during season 3, after Cesare was usually the one who did that with women. When she called Cesare her husband on her wedding night, I was like, OMFG! I can only imagine how he felt. Aww, poor Alfonso. I'm surprised he didn't have to sit at the kiddie table.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:22 PM
  #251
New Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
That was a family kiss.
Hi Arinna! I understand what you mean by family kiss. I'm european also, and we french kiss everyone, we are lovers!

The context of how and when it happened is why I believe that kiss was different. There was foreshadowing in season 1 when Guila Farnese taught Lu the meaning of different types of kisses. The kiss on the cheek was the "chaste" kiss. The kiss on the lips was "The kiss of pleasure that begins to promise".

CL were always very affectionate, but they had NEVER kissed on the lips. Ces had been waiting in her bedroom, assuming that she had a lover. He hung his head as he asked if she loved Paolo. She told him "yes" and that knowledge hurt him. But he swallowed his pain and helped her be with Paolo, because he loved her more than his pride. But she knew it hurt him. She wanted him to understand that she knew. Because of the context, it seemed like the kiss of a woman, not a sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Lila!

Nah, it didn't take me long to figure out what was going on with C/L in that scene. I was just surprised, that's all. Cesare was so forceful and passionate with other women, yet Lucrezia made him look like a virginal schoolboy. He was so off balance when it came to dealing with her advances, and the only time he seemed to act like his usual self was when he grabbed her by her neck and started kissing her there. Yeah, like you said, she told him she had "everything" she wanted, he knew she wasn't being honest, and so did she. I don't know if he bit her out of anger, but it did seem like he was claiming her as his with that.

Well, who can ever relate to their sister as a lover, Lila? It's still not the kind of thing that happens often. The level of intimacy it involves has got to be overwhelming, like Lucrezia said. But I still find it fascinating that Lucrezia was the aggressive one in their relationship during season 3, after Cesare was usually the one who did that with women. When she called Cesare her husband on her wedding night, I was like, OMFG! I can only imagine how he felt. Aww, poor Alfonso. I'm surprised he didn't have to sit at the kiddie table.
Hi Alex! It is funny how Ces acts like a virgin with Lu lol. I think he can't be aggressive with her, because he's always seen himself as her knight in shining armor. But now he thinks he's failed her, because he gave into his lust. So he's determined not to do that again. Only once he's realized that she's also fallen, can he claim her.

He was WEARING ARMOR when he crossed the line and kissed her. It was no accident of the writers, because it was meant to be symbolic of HIS FALL. He needs to still see himself as her white knight, but HE is now the danger. He is now the one she needs protection from. He has soiled her with his lust, with incest. He won't touch her unless she's aggressive enough to overcome his resistance.

Lu "God sits in the room with us" = she has NO conflict
Ces "God or the devil" = he's FULL of conflict

Yeah, he was definitely claiming her with the finger bite. Whatever anger he may have felt was just a little flash, more of an irritation really, because he went straight into the sexy suck/talk around the finger "everything?"

Ces is a very jealous and possessive man and he hates when Lu brings up her husband. Even tho he knew she was just trying to make him jealous, it still bothered him.

Yeah, I loved when Lu called him her husband and Ces loved it too. They had fantasized so many times about being able to marry each other.

Alfie at the kiddie table, I can picture it!

Last edited by Mignonette; 06-14-2018 at 10:41 PM
Mignonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:16 PM
  #252
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 157,287
Hi, Lila!

Yeah, Ces acts like a boy on his first date with Lu. Yet with everyone else he's the ladies' man. Oh, he's been aggressive with her, like when he told her what he'd do to an ungallant husband who didn't treat her right, and slammed her up against the wall like he was about to kiss her. And she seemed to like that. But to him that was playing, and he kept convincing himself that it wasn't anything more than that. That's why he kept telling her that they're family, and they love each other, and that because they're Spanish they embrace. But she wasn't buying it. And how did Cesare think he could keep getting away with the two of them kissing before it began to get a bit more serious? Didn't he see how Lucrezia responded whenever he kissed her on the mouth or did anything else to her?

Good observation on the armor. Yeah, he's all armored up and safe and protected. And he thinks she might need protecting from him, but she's the one who seduced him while being completely naked, which was apparently stronger than his armor. Very subtle imagery there.

Yeah, I didn't like how Lucrezia saw their relationship as being like having God in the room with them but Cesare questioned whether it was God or the Devil. He shouldn't question it, just accept it. And I think by the time that Lu was with Alfonso he'd had quite enough of Lu's husbands or lovers getting between them. Sforza probably convinced him that no one would ever be good enough for her.

Glad you like the kiddie table reference.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:47 PM
  #253
New Fan
 
Mignonette's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Lila!

Yeah, Ces acts like a boy on his first date with Lu. Yet with everyone else he's the ladies' man. Oh, he's been aggressive with her, like when he told her what he'd do to an ungallant husband who didn't treat her right, and slammed her up against the wall like he was about to kiss her. And she seemed to like that. But to him that was playing, and he kept convincing himself that it wasn't anything more than that. That's why he kept telling her that they're family, and they love each other, and that because they're Spanish they embrace. But she wasn't buying it. And how did Cesare think he could keep getting away with the two of them kissing before it began to get a bit more serious? Didn't he see how Lucrezia responded whenever he kissed her on the mouth or did anything else to her?

Good observation on the armor. Yeah, he's all armored up and safe and protected. And he thinks she might need protecting from him, but she's the one who seduced him while being completely naked, which was apparently stronger than his armor. Very subtle imagery there.

Yeah, I didn't like how Lucrezia saw their relationship as being like having God in the room with them but Cesare questioned whether it was God or the Devil. He shouldn't question it, just accept it. And I think by the time that Lu was with Alfonso he'd had quite enough of Lu's husbands or lovers getting between them. Sforza probably convinced him that no one would ever be good enough for her.

Glad you like the kiddie table reference.
Hi Alex! Alf wasn't capable of being a man, was he? He went from being a whiny spineless furry to belligerent drunkard. I think you're right about him being intimidated by Ces' height! He had little man syndrome My boyfriend is over 6 feet tall and I've noticed short men being intimidated by him towering over them. I don't know how Lu could stand Alf. She was in love with the most manly beautiful guy, and Alf was his complete opposite.

OMG I loved when Ces slammed her up against the wall and leaned over her wanting to kiss her! That was so hot! You're right Alex, as long as he thought of it as just a game, he could be aggressive with her. Great observation!

Ces was used to being the one in charge, so he didn't foresee what that armory kiss would do to her. She'd been wise to his games for years and had played along. But she was older and more experienced now, so she took charge of the game. She had so much pent-up lust for him that she finally just said ****it and seduced him. I love how you said her nakedness was stronger than his armor!

There were 2 ongoing themes with CL: his armor/being Lu's knight and God vs the devil/Ces a fallen knight & Lu a fallen angel. "God sitting in the room with us" was her way of telling Ces how much she loved him, I think, because she'd asked him before "don't you love God?" and he said "more than I love you?". She saw their love as pure and all consuming as the love of God. He did also, but thought of himself as the devil for causing his angel's fall. He had tears in his eyes when he said "God or the devil". And when she said "when you're away, I forget you", he looked up at her with a devastated look. That was too much for him, because he never managed to forget her. He decided right then that she'd never manage to forget him again.
Mignonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:09 PM
  #254
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 157,287
Hi, Lila! I'm sorry if our posting is slow this weekend. Arinna and I both have a birthday on Sunday, and she's over in Bulgaria at a party and I'm here in the USA... well, doing nothing much.

OMG, I love your avatar, Lila!

Nope, Alf was spineless and totally subservient to his uncle and his family. And his uncle was a pig when referring to Lucrezia and asking for personal details about what she's like in bed. And yeah, perhaps he had that height issue as well. I'm 6'1" so I guess I'm lucky. And you use feet, Lila? I thought Europeans used the metric system.

I think a lot of people looked at Ces slamming Lu against the wall as being way beyond brother-sister behavior. He was playing around with her like he would one of his sexual conquests, and I guess he thought he could get away with it because Lucrezia was always so receptive to his advances. But you're right, after the armory scene, Lucrezia finally decided that she wanted to be the aggressor and he had no idea how to react to that. I think her nakedness in a way IS her armor.

Good observation about the fallen angel thing. I think perhaps they were both fallen angels. Cesare was a Cardinal who left the church and became a general, and Lucrezia went from being an innocent ingenue to a calculating seductress. You're right, he was determined to make sure she never forgot him again after a while, but I don't think that could ever happen.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-16-2018 at 02:19 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:36 PM
  #255
Fan Forum Star

 
BL.Arinna_1982's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 113,412
Excellent choice, Lila!
__________________
Halo - Robsten - Edward/Bella - Paire
Love is a feeling...
BL.Arinna_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Lotte Verbeek, Holliday Grainger Source
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.