Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Arinna: yes I've watched all the movies in the Flowers in the Attic series, I actually watched them before I watched The Borgias, so I became a fan of the Chris & Cathy incest before the Cesare & Lucrezia incest although nowadays I do love Cesare & Lu even more than Chris & Cathy but I haven't read any of the original FITA novels yet.

Alex: don't worry just take your time replying, I don't want to rush you
Old 03-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

And I wonder... have you watched Heroes and do you know about Paire?
Old 03-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Linda! Don't worry, you're not rushing me.

You really think so? I kinda wish VC Andrews had stopped with If There Be Thorns. But I get what you're saying about Bart. I just wish that Bart had his revelation before Chris died so that he could've said all the things to Chris that he ended up saying about him at the funeral. Bart in the novels was so hurt after Chris died that he kept doing things to live up to Chris' memory, and Cathy constantly had to reassure Bart that Chris would've been very proud of him. That's the part that really got me as much as Cathy losing Chris... Bart never getting the chance to tell Chris that he did see him as his father.

I actually wished that they'd have shown Chris coming back to her when she died and taking her to that place where the purple grass grows. I read the books, so there was a lot more detail than in the TV movies.

Oh, I agree, Linda. I'm sure that fans would've been outraged if Showtime had allowed Jordan to put that Apocalypse stuff on TV. It was clear from the advertising for season 3 that the network knew how popular Cesare and Lucrezia had become, and perhaps Jordan resented that, I don't know. Mario Puzo's storyline from his novel would've been interesting to work into season 4, if possible. I didn't read it, but I read excerpts and I know the general story. I also would've liked to see an ending similar to the old BBC version I mentioned. I didn't like the BBC series at all, but I did like seeing Lucrezia reading Cesare's final letter to her and to her children while Cesare lay dying on a battlefield with his last thoughts of Lucrezia and their life together. The Borgias could've had a montage of scenes with Francois and Holly as Cesare slowly died and had Lucrezia instinctively knowing the moment he died while she was in Ferrara.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know it's never the same as the books.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Alex:

I've been told that there were quite a few things from the novels that were omitted from the movies, it would've been nice if they had followed the novels more closely but it's inevitable for them to make some changes in the movies.

Yeah that's the sort of ending that I imagine Cesare & Lu would've gotten too had they made a season 4 or a conclusion movie, I doubt Showtime would've green-lit Jordan's book, Cesare & Lu were just too popular with fans both individually as characters and together as a couple, Showtime would've shot themselves in the foot if they had let Jordan destroy them like he did in his book because many fans would've boycotted it and they would've faced a lot of backlash & criticism.
I do think Cesare & Lu's incestuous relationship would've most likely still ended tragically anyway, but I just can't picture it happening in the way that Jordan has conceptualized in his book. Their relationship would've most likely ended in a similar manner to Mario Puzo's book and the BBC version, or maybe even similar to Borgia.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 03-14-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Linda!

Yep, I read the novels and there was a lot omitted from the TV movies. I don't mind some changes, but I think the TV movies cut out a bit too much and changed some things for a Lifetime TV audience. I would've preferred if it had been more of a cable TV style adaptation where they could do and show more.

Yes, I agree. I don't think the Showtime brass would've liked Jordan's version either. They'd probably know that fans would hate it. I just can't understand why Jordan would have their relationship end in animosity when he knows that's not even what happened in the history. According to the history, regardless of whether the incestuous relationship was rumor or not, Lucrezia reportedly was devastated and mourned for months after Cesare died. I do think that the BBC ending nailed it, even though everything before it was horrible. And how did Puzo's book end again?

Love the gif, Arinna!
Old 03-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know what you mean. They cut a lead character of the Fifty Shades.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Alex:

Well the ending of Puzo's novel was very similar to what happened in history and the BBC version...Cesare dies in the battlefield and Lucrezia was so devastated by his death she mourned him like his widow and locked herself in her room for days I think, or was it months? It's been a while since I last read the novel, so some details about the story may be a bit vague to me now...I'll have to read the novel again to refresh my memory.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
Alex:

Well the ending of Puzo's novel was very similar to what happened in history and the BBC version...Cesare dies in the battlefield and Lucrezia was so devastated by his death she mourned him like his widow and locked herself in her room for days I think, or was it months? It's been a while since I last read the novel, so some details about the story may be a bit vague to me now...I'll have to read the novel again to refresh my memory.
Ahhh, that's what I was hoping. Thanks, Linda! I can't understand why either Borgia or The Borgias would want to deviate from that type of ending, especially The Borgias considering how much they set Cesare and Lucrezia up as a romantic couple. It would've brought everything full circle, rather than having everything descend into self-loathing rubbish, like Jordan's Borgias Apocalypse ending.

Which character was cut, Arinna?
Old 03-16-2018, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

They could've done it, BUT instead we were supposed to get a season, that has nothing to do with the show, Alex.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

As far as I know it was days or a couple weeks or something like that when Cesare died that Lucrezia locked herself in her room

In Los Borgia we didn't get to see that, we end with Cesare dying in battle and a letter being read I believe. I still loved that they showed Cesare kept this collar Lucrezia gave him at the very end, he was holding it when he died

Let's forget the ending of Borgia cause that sht was terrible wtf
Old 03-16-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know, Arinna. It had mostly to do with Jordan, which is why The Borgias' ending is bittersweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
As far as I know it was days or a couple weeks or something like that when Cesare died that Lucrezia locked herself in her room

In Los Borgia we didn't get to see that, we end with Cesare dying in battle and a letter being read I believe. I still loved that they showed Cesare kept this collar Lucrezia gave him at the very end, he was holding it when he died

Let's forget the ending of Borgia cause that sht was terrible wtf
That's really sad, May. Why do we have to ship the tragic couples?

At least Los Borgia had something that was about Cesare and Lucrezia that was romantic.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

There were months, and I've also read somewhere that she wore only black after that.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
There were months, and I've also read somewhere that she wore only black after that.
Is that true?