Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the Alfonso's look as well.

AGH! I need to relive my CL muse!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

I still think Vanozza and Alfonso were looking at each other: Alfonso concerned, confused and Vanozza with her: "See, this the **** you've got yourself into, boy! Had you asked me earlier but nobody can help you now." look.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nicely said, Nina.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Vanozza just pawns all.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I seriously thought the same thing when I watched that scene. She sure knows about CL feelings.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

If anyone does, it's her. I mean Rodrigo would probably stick his fingers in his ears, close his eyes and hum a hymn.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think he's that oblivious as well. He must see what's going on under his nose. I mean, c'mon! Cesare and Lucrezia are too close and always take the side of the other. He's always protecting her... Even if they don't show something else happened between them in the show, I just wanna see Rodrigo's face in the Vanozza's situation. Could it be similar?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

One would think that but honestly I think Rodrigo is in denial of anything that doesn't fit into his world. Just take Juan's inability to be an effective leader. So if he ever finds out it'll be quite a shock for him. Remember how ONTD he went on Ascanio Sforza and his cousin Gabriella Visconti? So about that tenfold plus surprise, anger, shame added. But I bet he'd rather close his eyes and believe everything's okay. I think Rodrigo knows a lot about politics and how to manipulate the Cardinals and maybe even the Barons - he is really savy there: case in point his maneuvering when it came to Savonarola but there is no transfer effect when it comes to more personal matters.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, that sounds just like him.

“There’s a punishment for spying.”
“What’s that?”
“Oh, I think you know!”

Source: the wolves will come again
Old 08-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Best scene between them.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm new to this random because it is til now that i managed to watch the first season (second one will be watched soon) I can't believe how much I like this pairing even though is incest I really love how they are both so fond, caring and respectful of each other. I also like that they are both determined and loyal. I think that even if the whole world collapses around them, they would get swayed because they have each other .
Can I be added to the op. Shippers's list? please?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Hi Bijou! Welcome to the board and the thread!

Of course you can be added. I'll do so in a minute and I hope you'll come and post here with us often.

They are just doing a rewatch on the board of all the episodes (the thread is topped), so if you are interested in discussing the episodes, especially since you're still in the process of watching, that's the place.

I think the way you described their relationship is very lovely and eloquently put. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

So yes, I hope we see you around often. By the way, I love your Downton Abbey icon. Sybil is my favourite character.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the board!

And that's the first scene I was like... WOW!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you BL.Arinna_1982 and Nikki K for your warm welcome
Nikki thanks for the add too Sybil is also one of my favorite too. XD

Another aspect that I love about C/L is how sweet, considerate and indulging Cesare is with Lucrezia because for women back they were treated as a chattel/property. I love that in her wedding day Cesare carries an exhausted Lucrezia back to her room. I also love how Cesare says that if her future husband would mistreat her how he would be the first one to beat the guy up. It reminds me of one of the Godfather's sons who beat up his brother-in-law after he discovered that he had beaten up his sister. (Sorry I can't remember their names, but that scene was quite epic )
Under better circumstances, C/L are made for each other and would marry.
I think that Cesare must have being extremely distraught to discovered how Lucrezia's husband abused her. Well not only him, Rodrigo too and they both saw to it to avenge all the misery and hurt caused by Lucrezia's husband by giving him one of the worst humiliation a man of those times could get.
All in all, these two don't stop from amazing me.

I got the Borgias season 1 DVD boxset as a Christmas present because I have always loved this period in Renaissance and we even went to see the Leonardo Da Vinci exibition at the National Gallery in London. It was amazing! best still was the opening sequence of the Borgias it reminded me so much of that exhibition.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, more points well made, Bijou. And I love that wedding night scene. Even if you are not a shipper you had to see that he was very considerate of her needs and he was - after having met Sforza - probably very concerned about how this was going down.

As for Rodrigo - yes, he had that nightmare - but somehow with Rodrigo I always feel its more about him than about the other person. He felt guilt for his part in it and wanted to be absolved for it, or wanted to be told that everything was fine. His readiness to marry Lucrezia again to whoever seemed beneficial showed that he didn't really learn anything from the experience.

Oh did you by any chance get the limited editon DVD set? We were wondering about that for a long time now.

I just saw the most interesting documentary on that new painting they discovered by Leonardo Da Vinci - Bianca Sforza (1482-1496; daughter of Ludovico Sforza, Duke of Milan [1452-1508], and his mistress Bernardina de Corradis). I think it was done for her wedding to the Polish king. And the documentary was very interesting on how they scientifically proved that it was Leonardo's work rather than one of his students.

Have you rad Leonardo's Swans by Karen Essex?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread