Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

Don't you love the DVD full of extras? That's when I love buying DVDs. I can think of four scenes they shared (a) at Rodrigo's place: Adriana is searching for Lucrezia and Cesare and Juan hide her, then Cesare tells her he'll bring her to bed but Lucrezia says she wants Juan to do it; (b) Lucrezia runs away to say goodbye to Joffre, then they look out of the window, holding a bunny and complaining about how Rodrigo controls their lives; (c) Cesare is about to be imprisoned by the Colonna - Lucrezia goes crazy and yells at Rodrigo who slaps her, later Cesare is released but cannot tell Lucrezia what really happened, tells her instead that they treated him well and fed him lasagna - big hugs; (d) the bedroom scene.

Frankly if I'm honest I want to fast forward almost all of season 2 of The Borgias. David Oakes was brilliant, so was Joanne Whalley. Jeremy Irons had his moments when he wasn't made to shout and pout and vengence blahblah at the same time, then he was great. I know that François can act but they didn't him any good material it was all whining whinging whinging. And I start thinking that Holliday cannot act at all - every time she is supposed to portray anger it's so over the top I can't help thinking it's freaking amateur hour. The only time she shines is in scenes with François or Joanne. Then there was the Gonzaga foul up which I'd rather erase from my memory and lot of other things mostly the bloody baby. The good scenes were really few this season sadly.

The times I wanted to fast forward on Borgia were fewer - mainly it was during the Conclave because I have read extensively how that procedure works so it wasn't all that interesting to me. I still do not understand why Franchetto Cybo poisoned the wells. I fast forwarded through the violence and John Doman's nudity which I would like to file under violence. But otherwise it was more amusing. Not as amusing as season 1 of The Borgias was but a hell lot more amusing that season 2 of The Borgias. Really I cried I was so frustrated with the latter.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Don't you love the DVD full of extras? That's when I love buying DVDs. I can think of four scenes they shared (a) at Rodrigo's place: Adriana is searching for Lucrezia and Cesare and Juan hide her, then Cesare tells her he'll bring her to bed but Lucrezia says she wants Juan to do it; (b) Lucrezia runs away to say goodbye to Joffre, then they look out of the window, holding a bunny and complaining about how Rodrigo controls their lives; (c) Cesare is about to be imprisoned by the Colonna - Lucrezia goes crazy and yells at Rodrigo who slaps her, later Cesare is released but cannot tell Lucrezia what really happened, tells her instead that they treated him well and fed him lasagna - big hugs; (d) the bedroom scene.

Frankly if I'm honest I want to fast forward almost all of season 2 of The Borgias. David Oakes was brilliant, so was Joanne Whalley. Jeremy Irons had his moments when he wasn't made to shout and pout and vengence blahblah at the same time, then he was great. I know that François can act but they didn't him any good material it was all whining whinging whinging. And I start thinking that Holliday cannot act at all - every time she is supposed to portray anger it's so over the top I can't help thinking it's freaking amateur hour. The only time she shines is in scenes with François or Joanne. Then there was the Gonzaga foul up which I'd rather erase from my memory and lot of other things mostly the bloody baby. The good scenes were really few this season sadly.

The times I wanted to fast forward on Borgia were fewer - mainly it was during the Conclave because I have read extensively how that procedure works so it wasn't all that interesting to me. I still do not understand why Franchetto Cybo poisoned the wells. I fast forwarded through the violence and John Doman's nudity which I would like to file under violence. But otherwise it was more amusing. Not as amusing as season 1 of The Borgias was but a hell lot more amusing that season 2 of The Borgias. Really I cried I was so frustrated with the latter.

I liked season 2..apart from the assassination plot Boring is an understatement to the least But honestly, I found the acting better this season. Holly's Lucrezia isn't meant to be the 'complete' femme fatal just yet..so her slightly dramatic outbursts point out that she isn't too refined just yet so I'm ok with it Although her darkness definitely frightens me..less than Cesare's though I absolutely believe that the youngsters totally owned this season I think. Not a lot of fans liked Juan but I loved him I think it had a lot to do with David Oakes turning him into a 3D character for me. Defo gonna miss him

To me, I've realised the problem with TheBorgias. Its too, too reclusive? I did vague background research into the family legacy and the social circle seemed massive especially since Lucrezia was able to practically jump from husband to husband. Also it would solve the issue of a new baddie. All in all they need to take the camera out of the Vatican and build up families for The Borgias to shake everything up as well as well just make it harder to root for The Borgias. Fascinating stuff
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

(I thought we are not supposed to quote whole posts. Rule # xxxxx whatever.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly_smirk;
But honestly, I found the acting better this season. Holly's Lucrezia isn't meant to be the 'complete' femme fatal just yet..so her slightly dramatic outbursts point out that she isn't too refined just yet so I'm ok with it Although her darkness definitely frightens me.
I found some people like Joanne had more of a chance to show their trade. Others were shamefully disregarded like Colm or only came in occasionally and way too little like Peter. David of course was fantastic. The only good moment François had in my opinion, the only one that truly stood out was the one with Urusla and the painter. That was the only time I could really see his darkness. I agree that Lucrezia's "darkness" is more frightening because it is a lot more personal, vindictive and spontaneous without any signs of remorse. Well, it's great you attribute that to what you did but frankly I never wanted to see her as a femme fatale solely and I think what you call her dramatic outburts... to me that is just really really bad acting on her part. She doesn't have a wide range of emotions to pick from, I feel her skills are pretty limited and it annoyed me to no end every time this season when we got other fit with flared nostrils and too aggressive of a voice to Rodrigo or Juan - were were no nuances there, nothing subtle. I wish I had never had to see it.

On and about that last part - building up the Sforza (since they already started), the Orsini, the Colonna etc. more as the bad guys who actually had pretty good reason to be that would be fantastic and I totally agree with you. It's not going to happen though sadly.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 06-28-2012 at 10:12 AM
Old 06-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

My favorite scenes with Francois' Cesare, aside from these with Lucrezia, were in ep.3.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

You mean when he outsmarted King Charles? Yes, despite that never happening I was okay with it, a bit too obvious as in "we have to establish how smart Cesare is" but it was amusing nonetheless. Especially as Micheletto yelled at everyone that they better pretend those canons are real. What I loved was the CL hug in the end, had only not Giulia trolled her way in what was clearly a CL scene.

Last edited by Nikki K; 06-28-2012 at 01:12 PM
Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

I can forgive Giulia for cockblocking tho.. I prefer her doing it than Rodrigo, maybe because he does it every 2 episodes?
Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

That's the word I tried to avoid May but was thinking all along. And yes... Rodrigo is notorious.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Well it doesn't get censored so I guess we're all good.

Time that I really wanted to kick my monitor was on episode 6.. I didn't even mind episode 9 interruption (now I am all proper) because well.. it was interesting though I felt that something was missing on that scene, I am not sure how much Rodrigo actually heard from that conversation. I really enjoy when people stare at C/L all weird like Alfonso did
Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

And no scene was better than the one on "Los Borgia" (2006) where they kissed on the mouth in front of the entire court at the Vatican for a little bit too long.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
You mean when he outsmarted King Charles? Yes, despite that never happening I was okay with it, a bit too obvious as in "we have to establish how smart Cesare is" but it was amusing nonetheless. Especially as Micheletto yelled at everyone that they better pretend those canons are real. What I loved was the CL hug in the end, had only not Giulia trolled her way in what was clearly a CL scene.
Exactly what I'm talking about, Nina.

And May, we share same opinion.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

I have seen pics of that scene, I want to watch the movie because it looks like the C/L storyline is pretty similiar to their relationship in The Borgias, just with less scenes since it's only 2 hours or less long.

I actually enjoy the actor who plays Cesare's work, I've seen him play evil guy in a sort of series/soap called Tierra De Lobos, I am not sure how good he was in Los Borgia though.

Anyone knows where I can watch the movie? I am lazy, I don't want to download.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

We found links to d/l but not to stream, I don't think. Sorry.

Nelly said she wasn't all that impressed with Sergio/Cesare and I felt soso about him, perhaps because his looks didn't fit the role but that didn't mean the movie wasn't good, the opposite and the ending was heartbreaking. They were both so unhappy and lost.

Source: it has to be this way

And I'm cross with anyone coming between them, sorry. I'm protective that way and everyone knows how much I hate this version of Giulia so you can't expect too much lenience from me.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

I am really not that informed on The Borgia family and I don't mind Giulia but she's not remotely close to being my favorite character. Her voice tho. UNF. I don't care about anything else when she's on screen. Selfish, I know.

I've seen pics of Cesare's death in Los Borgia, it does look very freaking depressing, I think I'd enjoy it, I'm into all those sorts of drama.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

I like Marta Gastini's Giulia so much better, Lotte Verbeek is really given nothing to work with. I'm sorry for the actress. Otherwise I hated her character in season one because she was such an opportunist (and I hate people like that), not caring at all about other people's feelings - now of course it's Rodrigo's fault too for being such an old horny dog but honestly, I hated her more and more with every scene in season 1. Then I hated her relationship with Lucrezia because it was so obvious that NJ stole the whole idea from "Les Liasions Dangereuses" - like Lucrezia being the Cécile de Volange to her Marquise de Merteuil. Then the fact that they left her entire family out of the show which basically leaves her with no good reason to be there in the first place. I'm also scared of her high forehead and that hair that grows and grows into some crazy jungle like Oliver Cotton's beard. I loved the first episode of this season where Vanozza got her revenge without Giulia even noticing. In any case I adore Marta Gastini in the role - her Giulia is the most awful person ever but we know why she is so fierce and fights and bites and just won't let go because she would do everything for her brother rising up in the ranks of the church. I their relationship. /rant

CL, where were we...

And yes, I think you will enjoy the movie. It was good despite it being a movie and therefore short.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

I am going to search torrent or links online, hopefully someone will know of a good link.

I was trying to watch Borgia, downloaded but episodes were in Spanish (from Spain) I am mexican and I can honestly say I despise shows/movies that are dubbed in Spain spanish (and sometimes in latin spanish too) so I just quit, I am going to try to get them in other lenguage with subs.

I did notice in the first episodes that Lucrezia was a bit annoying and she was closer to Juan than Cesare. I kind of felt everything was a bit over the top, except maybe Juan and Rodrigo? I don't know, I just watched like 3 episodes.

Then I saw that C/L almost hook up... bit out of nowhere since I know they don't have many scenes, but I might be able to enjoy the show for the rest of the characters and not for the C/L relationship.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread