Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My favorite villain I love to hate would have to be Della Rovere, just because he's so sanctimonious and hypocritical. He wants to defend the sanctity of the Church, I understand, but his methods only resulted in having as much blood on his hands as he accused Rodrigo of having. Yet he recused himself by saying his ends justified his means.

EEEEWWWWWW, Christine! A calf?
Old 08-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

I thought you'd say Sav cause of the bonefire Christine but yeah Della really sucks, I would have probably hated him more if they'd shown him as Pope and betraying Cesare and working against the family.

Ok so historically who, if any of these people, between Cat, Cesare, Juan, Della Rovere, or Sav do you think was pyschopathic?
Old 08-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

That is a close one I might say Della just because I hated him so much after reading that book about him I hate him even more. (never mind the Agony and the Ecstasy about Michelangelo, he treated him horribly )

But Sav is a close second because of all the art work and books he burned.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Savonarola was definitely a psychopath. When someone goes around burning people at the stake and saying he hears the voices of God and the angels telling him what to do......
Old 08-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

I don't know that much about Sav but wasn't aware that historically he burned people Damn definetely a tie between Sav, Della, and Cat for me. Juan was misguided and a deliquent and did some immature stuff historically (like killing cats and dogs in Barcelona) but he wasn't that bad. Obviously don't think Cesare is crazy either.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And I'm afraid it's bedtime for me, ladies. I have to get up early tomorrow. I'll see you both tomorrow, and thanks so much for being at the watch!

I'm glad you have a working PC now, Trina.

Night, Christine! Night, Trina!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 08-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Night Alex

Time for me to troll the net looking for information now that everyone is leaving.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Damn! You did a lot of posting Alex and Christine! Well done you, guys!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Favorite scene had to be him telling the condotierri that he would not hesitate to act on his worst instincts and then marches down the line with THE SWORD!

And of course on a Francois note, the striptease scene with Charlotte, particularly the chuckle at the reaction to his physique....so fun....

Here lies in a little earth he who everyone feared, he who held peace and war in his hand.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Savonarola was definitely a psychopath. When someone goes around burning people at the stake and saying he hears the voices of God and the angels telling him what to do......
Perhaps he had schizoaffective disorder, or even was schizophrenic. I can`t really hate him; he was just a misguided zealot. Dangerous, no question, but at least he believed in what he preached. On an intellectual level I hate Della the most because he was such a hypocrite, but on an emotional level it`s definitely Juan. That might have changed had we been given a decent S4, because that`s when things would have heated up with Della.

Two of my favorite scenes were the 'I have tamed legend...' one with Cat on the bed, when Ces unlocks her chains, and the Ces/Lu 'Look at me...' in E4 after the consummation, before Ces leaves for France. He just looks divine there , and on that note; I loved the striptease at his wedding. I also loved the emotional pre-consummation kiss, but there were so many great scenes this season I have a hard time choosing. Most of E10 definitely.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Are we still talking about favorite scenes? cause I have many.

S3 favorite scenes I really, really REALLY love the scene between Rodrigo and Vanozza I think it's in episode two when he tells her he'll prefer to be peasant if that meant he'll be able to keep them safe. I can't remember the exact quote but I thought that was wonderful.

I also like the scene between Giulia and Rodrigo in episode 4 when he asks for her because she helped her brother. I like that version of Giulia we see. She's more fierce and HBIC.

Obviously the fight scene in episode 4 between CL and the kiss in episode 3 are probably in my top 3 favorite.

When Lucrezia is talking to Alfonso about a "cloud" in episode 4. I love that scene SO MUCH. As well as Cesare in bed with Charlotte talking about love.

I can't remember any scenes that I absolutely loved in the last 5 episodes, there are some great scenes, I loved Caterina in the cage for example but I don't know if it'll be in my favorites.. and yeah the consummation scene was great but I prefer other scenes

Last edited by DGSAFDMD; 08-17-2013 at 09:36 AM
Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Addicted Fan

We're talking about favorites and characters to hate hmm.. Believe it or not I can't really say I hated Della ...but my most hated character is Giovanni Sforza
Old 08-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

I just didn't care for Della... I can't say I ever hated him. I guess yeah, the only character I truly hated and I was cheering when he was being murdered is Giovanni Sforza.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I was so thrilled when Cesare stabby-stab-stabbed Giovanni Sforza. So much win.

Never really hated Della Rovere in the love-to-hate kind of way. More in the "Oh gawd, another Della Rovere scene, boring" kind of way.

There are so many scenes to love this season. Consummation was pretty awesome
Old 08-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah on The Borgias we didn't get to see the worse of Della, but historically he did some awful things to Cesare and the Borgias' memory. He's the reason in my opinion that lead Cesare to his death so I really hate him on the show (he was a hypocrite and by the end eas no better than the Borgias) and historically he was terrible. In fact historically for me it's Della, Sav, and then Cat, but we never saw Della go antiBorgia Pope mode and Sforza was painted really blackly on The Borgias (he was not like that historically) but I can see why people would answer him.

My show list because of where it ended would be Giovanni Sforza, Juan, Sav and Della tie, perv king, and then Caterina. Historically she was terrible but show version was the love to hate.

When I asked about villians I meant historically not show version because those are two very different things and tbh Giovanni Sforza I figured would be everyone's show villian. Not sure if everyone here knows the history or not...I don't know everything about the villians either but I know Della and Cat's lives somewhat, I know a litle about Sav but not much, obviously know a good deal about Juan.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread