Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Borgia apartments are rather pretty

Chrissy |
Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Set design and costume design surely was something else.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

I'm excited and hope we get new promo pictures soon! Now that they are done filming.

One another note, I marvelled a bit when I first watched 'Borgia' because - sure, she has the perfect body but otherwise - Marta Gastini is not that pretty. After we talked about the costumes and hair on the other thread I bothered to look for pictures of her and in real life? Looks so much better. Another foul-up of the hair and costume department at least in my humble opinion...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 12-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Did she play Lucrezia on the show?

icon
Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Heavens no! She plays Giulia.

Lucrezia is played by Isolda Dychauk, who is a total cutie, especially when she smiles.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

They both look very pretty in real life than on the show Maybe the make-up and costume department did that on purpose so that we don't focus much on their beauty and pay attention to all the craziness

icon
Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Right? It almost seems like it. On the DVD extras I listened to the hair/make-up/costume people and they talked about how amazing they were and I was like... no, you always put both Marta and Isolda in dresses that are waaaaaaay too big for them, because of the dark light they always have on the show you cannot see the intricacies of the costumes, and you make their hair look like it's a mop. So frankly... Marta (Giulia), Isolda (Lucrezia) and Stanley (Juan) are actually good looking people... why are you doing this to them. Especially to the girls?

Worst case: Andrea Sawatzki who plays Rodrigo's cousin Adriana de Mila... I mean, yes - the woman is 49 or 50 but that doesn't justify giving her such an ugly wig!!!

I'm just saying...

Last edited by Nikki K; 12-08-2011 at 09:38 AM
Old 12-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

The show should fire everyone on the make-up and wardrobe department and hire a new team

icon
Old 12-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

I completely agree on this! Again proof for the fact - that I think - they put the girls in costumes that are way too big for them. I mean, what is Isolda? A size S I suppose but that dress looks like it's L or XL.

So the interview with the photography director and the lighting technician I found pretty interesting. Apparently Fontana wanted to give the show a feel that everything was filmed by day or candle light which presented quite a challenge for the crew. They talked about the tricks that helped them achieve the effects which was pretty cool and they really achieved the desired effect. However, I think that's another problem when it comes to the costumes, you can never appreciate the intricacies of the fabric etc. ... idek.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

I think you can fit at least two of her in that last dress

icon
Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

The bodice of the first one looks more like a harness. Idek. She is such a pretty girl and so lovely - why do that to her?

Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think the style back then was like that

icon
Old 12-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

It actually was... time-wise I think Fontana's costume department took inspiration from the earlier Renaissance and Jordan's more from the mid-late renaissance, some things almost look a bit more French than Italian...

Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

Don't think I'll be able to walk in that big dresses That alone will suffocate me, no need for corset.

icon
Old 12-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

I prefer a light cotton night gown 24/7 these days.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread