Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oooohh, thanks for that link, Nina!
Old 06-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
GURL WHAT? My girls are with my British father? I need to know when this movie is coming out.
I know, right?!!! I need this movie now!!!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Did everyone hear about Jeremy Irons in the Watchmen TV series for HBO?

'Watchmen': Jeremy Irons to Lead Cast of HBO's Damon Lindelof Pilot
Old 06-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I saw that a few days ago and thought about posting it here but then I didn't have the time. Kind of meh about it though since it's not really a favourite and there's nobody in it that I crave to see but haha, him and Joanne both doing comic book adaptations now.

Still super excited about Lotte's and Isolda's movie with Charles Dance. The Borgias and Borgia meets Game of Thrones what could go wrong?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know, Nina. How could anything go wrong with that combo?

Well, I didn't really like the Watchmen movie, but hopefully this series will get the comic better. And yeah, it is cool that both Joanna and Jeremy are doing comic book shows.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish him luck there.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's a winning combination.

I guess we'll see about 'Watchmen' it's just that there are no other people attached to the project I'm particularly interested in.

That being said. Not sure if that's been posted already but David was cast in a movie set in post WWII Malaysia called "The Garden of Evening Mists".

Quote:
British actors David Oakes and John Hannah join a starry cast of Asian performers in upcoming movie “The Garden of Evening Mists.” The film is jointly produced by HBO Asia and Malaysia’s Astro Shaw, part of pay-TV giant Astro.

Theatrical releases are being planned, ahead of digital, linear and on-demand releases handled by HBO Asia across the 23 territories in its footprint. HBO sources told Variety that the company is negotiating to appoint an international sales agent.

Malaysian actress Lee Sin-je (“The Eye”,) Japanese actor Hiroshi Abe (“Thermae Romae,” “Godzilla 2000”) and veteran actress-director-producer Sylvia Chang (“Love Education,” “20:30:40”) are set as the leads in the adaptation of Tan Twan Eng’s novel of the same title. The novel was nominated for the Man Booker Prize in 2012.

It tells a tale of cultural complexity shortly after World War II in British-controlled Malaya. The story features a female law graduate who seeks a quiet life in the idyllic Cameron Highlands, but finds love and a common interest in gardening in the arms of a mysterious Japanese man.

The film is to be directed by Taiwan’s Tom Lin (“Starry Starry Night,” “Zinnia Flower’), from a screenplay by Scottish BAFTA-winning screenwriter Richard Smith.

“‘The Garden of Evening Mists’ is a profound novel, showcasing such beautiful cultural complexities which captivate the heart of its readers,” said Najwa Abu Bakar, head of Astro Shaw. “We are excited to bring this classic story to the silver screen with its global theatrical release, and happy to have assembled a dynamic and talented team of professionals to bring this work of art to life.”

Principal photography begins at the end of this month. The film is supported by the the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia.
Source: https://variety.com/2018/film/asia/h...ts-1202805418/

Old 06-30-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

When it's going to air?
Old 06-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Nina! It's nice to see David in an HBO series. Maybe it'll air on HBO?

Well, I wasn't a fan of the Watchmen movie or the graphic novel, but I guess I might check it out just for Jeremy.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

It's a HBO movie not a series, they started filming in May.

Who has also an interesting project going is Mark Ryder, who played Cesare on 'Borgia'. He is going to be in a move called 'Red Snake' about a milita of Kurdish women who are fighting against ISIS.

Quote:
Caroline Fourest, the respected French journalist, documentary filmmaker and feminist champion, is set to make her feature debut with “Red Snake,” an action-packed political film revolving around a battalion of Kurdish female warriors and international volunteers. The film, currently in pre-production, is being produced by Léo Maidenberg at Place du Marché and Jad Ben Ammar (the son of Tarak Ben Ammar) at Kador.

Inspired by true events, the film follows the story of Zara, a young Yazidi woman who is kidnapped and sold as a sex slave to an Isis fighter. Zara manages to escape and joins a battalion of fearless women from all over the world called the Snake brigade.

Through her journey, Zara bonds with other women, such as the nurturing Lina, who takes Zara under her wing; Kenza, a spunky French-Algerian; Clarisse, a religious African-American nicknamed “American Sniper”; and Yael, a French-Israeli who joins the squad as a nurse.

Although they hail from different backgrounds, the women all share a troubled or traumatic past that fuels their urge to accomplish one goal: bring down the fanatics who are raping and enslaving women and radicalizing the local youth. These female warriors are able to scare off Isis fighters who believe they will not get to heaven if they are killed by a woman.

Fourest has assembled a strong international cast headlined by rising stars Dilan Gwyn (“Beyond”) and Camélia Jordana (“Some Like It Veiled”), as well as Jasmine Trinca (“The Gunman”), Razane Jammal (“Djinn”) and Mark Ryder (“Borgia”). Korkmaz Arslan (“My Sweet Pepper Land”), Nanna Blondell (“Hassel”), Amira Casar (“Call Me by Your Name”) and Golshifteh Farahani (“Paterson”) complete the cast.
Source: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/c...ke-1202659570/

Old 07-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info, Nina.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the info, Nina. I was wondering if Mark was doing anything else since Borgia.

Watchmen is an HBO movie? I was hoping it would be a short series so they could expand on the graphic novel better. The movie wasn't able to fit everything in.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's another DC?
Old 07-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
It's another DC?
Yep, it is. I'll tell you about Watchmen later on.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay.
Reply   Post New Thread