Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh if we're talking RL then no I don't, but fiction is fictional. I don't think it matters.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Oh if we're talking RL then no I don't, but fiction is fictional. I don't think it matters.
Agree. But I think the initial conversation was about RL, so maybe I got confused !
Old 06-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't understand why members would smash a C/L fiction for RL reasons?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Because some of the fans don't make the difference between the fictional characters and the real life I guess.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha I really find that hard to believe, but obviously it's true.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Oh it is true. Reason why people also trash on actors because they hate the characters they play
Old 06-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is a smutty one shot I wrote

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10488355/1/Wild-Nights
Old 06-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Another I wrote of the morning after C/L consummation

Sacrilegious Consummation
Old 06-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting the link here, hun.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome in currently writing another one at this moment
Old 01-24-2015, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

I found this book review which sounds potentially interesting:

Quote:
City of God
by Cecelia Holland
Reviewed by David Maclaine

There's no way to signify irony by font, so the title City of God might easily mislead a casual book-lover. This gripping novel is set in Rome with more than a few scenes at the Vatican including the pope and occasional cardinals, but there are precious few utterances by any characters showing anything resembling religious feeling. This is, as the subtitle tells us, "A Novel of the Borgias," set during the last few years that Pope Alexander VI - the former Rodrigo Borgia - sat on the throne of St. Peter; that is, when he wasn't at the card table, on the laps of his assorted mistresses, or tending to the interests of his children. These include the celebrated Lucrezia and the brilliant, unscrupulous warlord Cesare, whose plots surround and threaten to destroy the novel's narrator and protagonist, Nicholas Dawson, secretary to the Florentine ambassador to the papal court. Nicholas' counterpart back in Florence - the man who sends him letters and reads the ones he writes - is an off-stage presence whose spirit permeates this work of intrigue and betrayal: Niccolo Machiavelli.

Author Cecelia Holland's characters must navigate the dangerous streets of Rome at the dawn of the sixteenth century, when the crumbling relics of the city's imperial past loom over patches of wasteland and shadowed back streets where thieves and assassins lurk. Nicholas is a suitably detached observer, a man without a country whose flexible moral code allows him to stroll through some of the most infamous scenes of Vatican debauchery without raising an eyebrow. He is at the heart of several vital schemes, with rivals bidding for his loyalty, but his complex sexual entanglement with a young man named Stefano leads him toward life-or-death decisions involving more than pure expediency. City of God is a novel of slowly mounting tension leading to an intense pay-off. It is a brilliant introduction to the people and events that gave us the word "Machiavellian." (1979, 273 pages)
City of God

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! thanks for posting the review! It's great to see you back! We've missed you!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Ah, Alex, thank you, that's very kind of you.

I found two more books that were published last year apparently both by Kate Quinn:

Kate Quinn, The Serpent and the Pearl (2013), about a beautiful young woman forced to become Cardinal Borgia's concubine.

Kate Quinn, The Lion and the Rose (2014), about Giulia Farnese, the concubine of Pope Alexander VI (Rodrigo Borgia), as the pope's enemies threaten her security; sequel to The Serpent and the Pearl

I haven't read them yet though.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-24-2015, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Don't mention it, Nina. I PM'd you, by the way. It's always great to see you here.

Thanks for the links! So there's a Borgia Chronicles series? I should tell Arinna; she wanted Mario Puzo's The Family(I think she has it.) This Kate Quinn is a big Borgia author?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

I have no clue. I don't even know if it's any good. Puzo was horrible though. I cannot recommend it. The best Borgia novel I've read so far was the one on Vanozza. I think it's mentioned in the book list in the OP of this thread.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread