Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I thought I had sent a reply here... odd.

Arinna,

Are you asking if we recommend the defenders or Jessica Jones? I totally recommend Jessica Jones to whomever is patient enough to go through it because I ain't gonna lie, the show is boring at times, but IMO is the best written one, has one of the best villains without a doubt and has very good acting.

The Defenders I watched because of Elektra, I would watch again because of Elektra but if you don't watch or care for Daredevil there's no point in watching. Jessica barely does anything in that show anyway.
I thought you did reply, May. Maybe we're all losing track of our posts?

You know, I really can't believe that Jessica Jones is so popular on Netflix because to be honest, she was kind of a D-list character in the comics. That kind of depresses me because most of Marvel's A-list female characters - Janet Van Dyne, Carol Danvers, Jennifer Walters, Greer Grant, and Susan Storm Richards don't get much screen time. Don't get me started on how they treat poor Jean Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Jessica is working hard, becoming a kickass investigative reporter, fighting for social justice. I think that's quite enough for now, no?

I really do hope so. Especially since next week will be really terrible.

I'm glad UnREAL is back: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_(TV_series)
That sounds a lot better, Nina. I prefer leaving the romantic entanglements to the side unless something in the plot necessitates this.

Why will next week be terrible, Nina? Is it because it's gonna focus on the kids?

Thanks for the link. I've never seen UnReal.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I thought I had sent a reply here... odd.

Arinna,

Are you asking if we recommend the defenders or Jessica Jones? I totally recommend Jessica Jones to whomever is patient enough to go through it because I ain't gonna lie, the show is boring at times, but IMO is the best written one, has one of the best villains without a doubt and has very good acting.

The Defenders I watched because of Elektra, I would watch again because of Elektra but if you don't watch or care for Daredevil there's no point in watching. Jessica barely does anything in that show anyway.
Thank you, May. Which one I should start first?
Old 03-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Thank you, May. Which one I should start first?
Jessica Jones, if you're a whovian you'd appreciate it even more cause David Tennant is in it

I would still recommend to watch Daredevil and The Punisher tho. Only if you're invested in Daredevil and finish both seasons then watch The Defenders, but if you don't, you can still watch Jessica Jones and The Punisher and you don't have to watch The Defenders that way.

Nina,

New Trish/Jess picture here:

New Jessica Jones Season 2 Featurette and Photos

Old 03-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that link, May. I guess I'm glad that Jessica Jones is ending the relationship with Luke because it was never really that interesting in the comics to begin with.

Riverdale comes back next week, and all my guilty pleasure ships on that show will be back. And we had some good Mulder/Scully moments in the last X-Files episode. They love going to diners together.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Alex,

I haven't seen the last two episodes of The X-Files, I heard episode 6 wasn't worth it so I'll probably skip it and just watch ep 7 that I head was very fun.

Well Jessica is not with Luke for now since each of them has their own show and if Luke has to remain in his show is for the best to be split cause he's meant to be in his town, not Hell's kitchen, the only two that could interact often are Daredevil and Jessica, they're in the same city.

I don't have many ships coming back for me until April, I get Klebekah back for one last time since the originals is ending this year and I also get my platonic ship from The 100 (bro/sis) my main ships are all gone actually, Jaime/Cersei I don't have anything new since there's no new book out yet
Old 03-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually didn't like the last episode. I found it kind of boring.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The X-Files episode 7 was kind of fun, May. It was a good Mulder/Scully vs. technology episode. They did something like this once before back in the season 1 episode, Ghost In The Machine. But this one is where all modern social media technology, including cellphones, security systems, drones, and even automated cars(I didn't think we had those yet) start turning on them. It was kind of depressing and made me wanna stay away from the internet and my smartphone for a while.

Jessica is in Hell's Kitchen? That's Daredevil's part of town. So I'm guessing that Luke's in Harlem, right? So where is Danny/Iron Fist? He and Luke are normally partners.

Aww, I'm sorry you don't have many ships to watch, May. I know how that is. I go through periods where I don't have any ships because shows ended or writers screwed everything up. I hope you get something to ship soon.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Are you kidding me, Alex? That was the most boring episode of The X Files I've ever watched!
Old 03-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, so you didn't like Mulder and Scully ending up together in the diner? Well, it was kind of depressing. I hope the next one will be better.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the ending, not the episode.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I get what you mean, Arinna. Let's wait for the next episode.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Alex,

Since you haven't seen Black Mirror (which is a show that often ends very depressing) you might feel TXF was a little bit bleak because of the whole technology revolution vibe going on but wasn't it because they didn't tip the restaurant? I find that kind of funny

I haven't watched yet, I'll try to watch within the week but can't promise cause I'm busy today, will be busy Wednesday (got a concert) and got Jessica Jones on Thursday so...

Yes, Jessica is in Hell's kitchen and Luke is Harlem. No idea where Iron Fist is because I didn't watch his show tbh

Well whenever Humans comes back I have a ship there, not sure if I'm seeing them both again and whenever the ending of Sense8 comes back I also have 3 ships there ♥
Old 03-05-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

So you have many ships to look forward to then.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, May! I actually did like the episode(Arinna is the one who didn't like it), but I did think it was a little bleak because it really reminded me of how technology is suffocating us these days. I hate anything automated now; I prefer talking to humans. But I did think that it was funny that the machines calmed down once Mulder finally tipped them. What to machines need a tip for? What are they gonna spend it on?

Oooh, I hope you enjoy your concert, May! That sounds nice! And I only assumed that Danny was near Luke since they are usually partners in the comics. I guess he's probably near Chinatown or something.

OMG, which show is Humans again? The one with the androids? I keep forgetting.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Yes Alex, Humans is the one where the robots are bought as "helpers" by humans and one of the robots who was a prostitute in season 1 got a girlfriend in season 2 and they're adorable so I want to see more of them. The GF didn't know she was a robot tho, she finds out after like 6-7 episodes but she still stays with her

Also it seems like Daredevil is coming back this year and I'm praying I get to see my baes again:

Closed Thread   Post New Thread