Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do you think the show will go on without them?
Old 01-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know. I think they may have wanted to try that with Doggett and Reyes.
And then last season they introduced Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose's characters, Agents Miller and Einstein, who are supposed to be back this season.
So who knows?
Old 01-18-2018, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Arinna,

There's a chance there's a second season, if there is then the ending is not as tragic as it seems (it ends on cliffhanger) but it could be it and the writer could decide not to go any further, in that case it's a sad one

About TXF, I don't see how it'll work without them both, it barely had viewers in season 9 without David and with Gillian barely being in it sometimes and that's back when MILLIONS used to watch TV, that doesn't happen anymore so I don't see how they'd want to risk it again. Also I doubt Robert Patrick is game to do it and just Mulder would not work. At all.

The new agents are Chris Carter's hope that he can bring a sort of spin off with them and maybe guest David and Gillian from time to time. Don't see it either, Chris needs to understand that his writing for this show is not as good as it used to be, the show's concept is no longer admired or praised on and the ONLY reason why people are watching is BECAUSE OF DAVID AND GILLIAN. He can pitch it but it won't stick.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also don't think that the new agents are gonna work good for the show.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

I was wondering if they're definitely coming back or not cause it didn't look like it... but Chris might bring them on the finale who knows

Wanna know about a possible spoiler for TXF? I found out something on TW right now
Old 01-18-2018, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, May! Thanks for the info on The End of The Fing World. Glad to know it might not be a tragic ending after all. I hope it gets another season because I hate cliffhangers. Stitchers and The Whispers ended on cliffhangers before cancellation, and it breaks my heart when that happens after you get invested in a show and the characters.

I agree that TXF probably won't work without David and Gillian, although there's always a chance that they could do something with Agents Miller and Einstein if possible. But topping David and Gillian as Mulder and Scully is impossible. And I agree that Carter isn't the writer he once was, and many of the writers who helped make TXF great have long since moved on to other projects.

I did hear that Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose would return this season as Miller and Einstein, May. And what spoiler do you have? Sure, you can post it in spoiler tags if you like. That way I can prepare myself.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

Well here it goes in regards to a POSSIBLE spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 01-19-2018, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm actually liking that spoiler.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
I'm actually liking that spoiler.
Arinna if you want me to be honest, there aren't many noromos like me left around anymore so maybe most people would like that spoiler I DON'T THO
Old 01-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the spoiler, May! I don't know why anyone wouldn't like that one. I guess since both David and Gillian know this is their final season, they're gonna go out in a way that doesn't leave any loose ends for the audience. Unlike that ending in season 9, where they just ended up right back where they were in season 1. I did like their scene together in the cabin in the last episode

OMG, we didn't watch the most recent episode, Arinna! We forgot!
Old 01-20-2018, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

They live like a married couple though.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved this scene with them!

Old 01-22-2018, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Alex,

Back in the day I used to be a HUGE M/S shipper when I was like 12... due to the chemistry... then I realized Mulder was an idiot towards Scully so many times, how selfish he was, how everytime he was "trying to save her" it was more about him trying to get information for the x files or alien proof... and I didn't like them anymore Mulder is not the same anymore tho so I don't mind him as much but god knows I REALLY DID back in the day when I re-watched the show when I was like 17-18.

So I became a "noromo" which meant someone mostly interested in the plot of the show, not in the romance and someone that not really cares for M/S as a couple at all
Old 01-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

I wasn't shipping them when I first watched the show when it was originally airing. Then when the second movie came out, I was actually okay with them being together and annoyed that Carter broke them up again for the mere angst factor in the revival.

In any event what you described behind the cut -- urgh, yeah, better be a dream sequence or something because that is so OOC, I can't even.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
In any event what you described behind the cut -- urgh, yeah, better be a dream sequence or something because that is so OOC, I can't even.
^ Yes and thank you.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread